+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Interview and biometrics invitation

Jamie90

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Congratulations Mohamed.

@Mohamed99 , @AlanThomas@S4M Did you guys submit your BOC document during the interview or before?
My lawyer did not submit my BOC yet and when I asked him why he did not send it with other documents, he said I will do that in the interview or after that!!
I applied in June 2020 and went through these steps until now:
AOR: received.
Medical test: Done.
Biometrics: Submitted.
Interview: still waiting.
Let us know how things work out for you too :)
Good luck

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Congratulations Mohamed.

@Mohamed99 , @AlanThomas@S4M Did you guys submit your BOC document during the interview or before?
My lawyer did not submit my BOC yet and when I asked him why he did not send it with other documents, he said I will do that in the interview or after that!!
My lawyer submitted the BOC along with all the forms before the medical and other processes.

Reactions: Mohamed99

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I had my eligibility interview, and it was very smooth and fast, thankfully. Basically, I got there 15 min before the appointment and waited for around 15 min before they called my name and directed me to a small office where there was a friendly immigration officer who told me to sit down. After introducing himself, he began going through some official documents and addressing what they are, for example, RPCD, IFHP and asked me to sign some forms. Then they gave me my refugee kit, and that is it. I asked him about the work permit he said they would mail it to me after 10-20 days. The whole interview took me around 45 min in total.

The interview was pleasant and easy to handle, and no, they did not ask me anything regarding my BOC. My advice to you guys don't panic and be yourself and relax.

Good luck.
Congrats, bro glad about your id and eligibility good luck in the future surely we all will be in touch and help others always... sorry to ask you again the same question what date they put on your claimant's id is it back date or the current date when they issue you id?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Congratulations Mohamed.

they asked for BOC and all other documents on epost before biometric. even my counsel send separate forms for everyone and they asked to send it again in the correct format.

Reactions: Mohamed99

Mohamed99

Jul 4, 2020
Congratulations Mohamed.

Thank you.

Confirming of what Alan and Zak said, all the required documents has been submitted through epost including BOC.

I think you should check this again with your lawyer.

Mohamed99

Jul 4, 2020
Congrats, bro glad about your id and eligibility good luck in the future surely we all will be in touch and help others always... sorry to ask you again the same question what date they put on your claimant's id is it back date or the current date when they issue you id?
Thank you Zak.

The date on my RPCD is the same date of my eligibility interview. RPCD was issued on the same day.

Last edited:

Bella_2020

Jan 30, 2020
Thank you everyone,
Definitely, I will check that again with my lawyer.
I am really stressed and anxious all the time.

The weird thing that IRCC sent us a letter before few months to update some information on the main form and they did not mention anything about the BOC.
Do they normally ask to send the missing documents if there are any?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Thank you everyone,
Definitely, I will check that again with my lawyer.
I am really stressed and anxious all the time.

The weird thing that IRCC sent us a letter before few months to update some information on the main form and they did not mention anything about the BOC.
Do they normally ask to send the missing documents if there are any?
they only ask about the documents they needed might be your BOC was filled accurately that is why they didn't ask you about it..

Dudebear

Apr 29, 2021
perfect that means they just referred the case to IRB and dates of hearing will come accordingly.. Glad to see smooth process :)
Please did you submit any passport photos at the eligibility interview as you did when you took your biometrics?

Dudebear

Apr 29, 2021
they asked for BOC and all other documents on epost before biometric. even my counsel send separate forms for everyone and they asked to send it again in the correct format.
Please did you submit passport photos at the eligibility interview like you did during the biometrics?

Dudebear

Apr 29, 2021
Please does anyone here know if you have to take a new set of photos to the eligibility interview just like I did during the biometrics.