Egyptian Citizens inland and outland, let's Connect here

ahmed_khalil

Aug 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-06-2016
Hi friends,

It was mentioned in one of the threads that for those who are required to send their passports to the Canadian Embassy in Cairo, they must send it via DHL ONLY....I wonder if somebody sent it via Aramex (like what I did - as it was mentioned in the Ready for Visa Letter "by Courier Only" without specifying a certain company), would it cause an issue??

When would I expect to receive it back?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Hi friends,

It was mentioned in one of the threads that for those who are required to send their passports to the Canadian Embassy in Cairo, they must send it via DHL ONLY....I wonder if somebody sent it via Aramex (like what I did - as it was mentioned in the Ready for Visa Letter "by Courier Only" without specifying a certain company), would it cause an issue??

When would I expect to receive it back?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Did your process take a whole year from AOR to PPR?!

Shereef

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
01-02-2017
Nomination.....
10-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Express Entry
Med's Request
Express Entry
Med's Done....
23-09-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2018
Yes, almost a year from AOR (June 2016) till the PPR email on June 2017.
My AOR was i september 2016 and I am worried, please keep updating us, tell us the expiry date of your COPR when you get it, is it JUne 2017 or did they extend your medical ?

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
hi guys.
*URGENTE*
please i need your help, i got ITA but my LMIA was expire 2days before and they include the 50 points from arranged employment and if they don't count it, it will be problem in my score it will goes under the minimum of the range and my question is if i add one year experience foreign which i didn't mention it in first profile from where i got invitation , do they will count it as recalculating or they going to say left out important detail?
Regards

Shereef

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
01-02-2017
Nomination.....
10-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Express Entry
Med's Request
Express Entry
Med's Done....
23-09-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2018
hi guys.
*URGENTE*
please i need your help, i got ITA but my LMIA was expire 2days before and they include the 50 points from arranged employment and if they don't count it, it will be problem in my score it will goes under the minimum of the range and my question is if i add one year experience foreign which i didn't mention it in first profile from where i got invitation , do they will count it as recalculating or they going to say left out important detail?
Regards
You can add or remove info as you please as long as you can prove it and they may call your company.

However about the LMIA expiring, I think if you get your employer to send you a letter saying they are still interested and you send it in letter of explanation it may pass.

I am just guessing and you shouldn't follow my advice, wait for others

How much is your score without LMIA, if you are 430 without LMIA then you may get in the next draw regardless, and you have 90 days iirc to get another LMIA, so go for it, if you must, then pay the fees this time.

BTW I read somewhere that the LMIA fees are refunded after you go there and join the company 1250C$ if i remember correctly (unless they updated the rules)

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
You can add or remove info as you please as long as you can prove it and they may call your company.

However about the LMIA expiring, I think if you get your employer to send you a letter saying they are still interested and you send it in letter of explanation it may pass.

I am just guessing and you shouldn't follow my advice, wait for others

How much is your score without LMIA, if you are 430 without LMIA then you may get in the next draw regardless, and you have 90 days iirc to get another LMIA, so go for it, if you must, then pay the fees this time.

BTW I read somewhere that the LMIA fees are refunded after you go there and join the company 1250C$ if i remember correctly (unless they updated the rules)
thanks Shereef
i'm applying under FEDERAL SKILL TRADES

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
My AOR was i september 2016 and I am worried, please keep updating us, tell us the expiry date of your COPR when you get it, is it JUne 2017 or did they extend your medical ?
Looks like we should mentally prepare for a year's wait.

Shereef

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
01-02-2017
Nomination.....
10-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Express Entry
Med's Request
Express Entry
Med's Done....
23-09-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2018
Looks like we should mentally prepare for a year's wait.
I know someone who waited 22 months, but they extended their medical before it expired, I am just saying, don't make plans until PPR, because for me all my plans failed because of no certain date...

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I know someone who waited 22 months, but they extended their medical before it expired, I am just saying, don't make plans until PPR, because for me all my plans failed because of no certain date...
22?! Were they Egyptian?
All my plans were still in my head and thank God I didn't resign from work or make any actual plans, PPR date can never be excpected :S

Sometimes they ask for a medical redo and sometimes they extend, but do you know how many months or weeks before it expires do they do that?

ahmed_khalil

Aug 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-06-2016
Wow congrats man you waited a long time.
Thanks, good news are coming soon, don't worry.

ahmed_khalil

Aug 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-06-2016
All the best for you inchaa Allah, no worries.

Shereef

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
01-02-2017
Nomination.....
10-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Express Entry
Med's Request
Express Entry
Med's Done....
23-09-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2018

I don't think so, you can call them and ask, there is nothing you can do at this point, unless you can call aramex and ask if they can bring it back, but I wouldn't do that unless you call them and they say so.

Reactions: ahmed_khalil

GHSIH

May 7, 2016

So I will tell you what I know so far (not sure if it's the totally correct). Once the embassy will finalise the passports they will send you and email. you will call DHL hotline and you will explain to the agent that will ask you to forward the email from the embassy to a specific email address of theirs. they will ship it back to you for a fee of 140 egp or something like that.

so I guess whichever the courier service you used to deliver the passports, you always get it back by DHL.