29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Hi everyone.

I've been gathering all my documents for e-APR submission and planning to submit my application within next week Inshallah. I have a somewhat silly question regarding photo requirement for my wife who covers her hair. The photographer said she needs to show her ears in the photograph in order to meet the specifications 'the photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders..'
Does that include ears as well I case of hijab?
We ended up getting two photos, one with ears out and one with ear covered in scarf. I know it's trivial to ask but she's not comfortable with the one with her ears out. If anyone could please answer that in line with their relevant experience, that would be great. Thanks.
never heard or did or know someone who did the ears out thing... it'll look very weird

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
Hi everyone
Would you please help
In my EE I mentioned only my passport and did not mention my national ID,, but the pcc has only the national ID number
What should I do?? Should I add my ID to the EE profile and PR or it's not mandatory?
Can I write the passport number in the pcc translation??

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi everyone
Would you please help
In my EE I mentioned only my passport and did not mention my national ID,, but the pcc has only the national ID number
What should I do?? Should I add my ID to the EE profile and PR or it's not mandatory?
Can I write the passport number in the pcc translation??
Dont add anything in the translation that is not there in the original this will be seen as a mispresentation,no need to add your id or anything

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
Dont add anything in the translation that is not there in the original this will be seen as a mispresentation,no need to add your id or anything
So just upload my pcc with the national ID number and it's exact translation and no need to add my national ID in the profile?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
So just upload my pcc with the national ID number and it's exact translation and no need to add my national ID in the profile?
Yes exactly and anyways if you look close you will find our id number mentioned in our passport so no need to upload your national id at all,your name is enough

Ayman56

Jun 12, 2017
Hi guys
I have enough money on my US paypall account. Could online bank statement from paypall (pdf) help as Proof Of Funds for EE?
I heard that submitting online bank statement could lead to a rejection? Is that true?

MAUF

Apr 20, 2017
Hey guys,

I am having trouble with regards to the translations - I need to translate birth certificates, marriage certificates and police certificates.

I already translated them at a certified translator but turns out he cannot provide me with an affidavit or notarization of the documents.

I found then an office called ICU that claim they are approved by CIC and can provide me with both notarization and affidavit for all translations however, they are pretty expensive.

I also found out that I can translate the birth certificates at the ministry of health and the marriage % police certificates at the ministry of justice, which is the best option to go with?

And is it correct that in all cases I need to stamp all the translations from the Ministry of foreign affairs at the end?

GHSIH

May 7, 2016
Hey guys,

I am having trouble with regards to the translations - I need to translate birth certificates, marriage certificates and police certificates.

I already translated them at a certified translator but turns out he cannot provide me with an affidavit or notarization of the documents.

I found then an office called ICU that claim they are approved by CIC and can provide me with both notarization and affidavit for all translations however, they are pretty expensive.

I also found out that I can translate the birth certificates at the ministry of health and the marriage % police certificates at the ministry of justice, which is the best option to go with?

And is it correct that in all cases I need to stamp all the translations from the Ministry of foreign affairs at the end?

I used ICU and wasn't notified from IRCC about any trouble with the translations I provided. I didn't stamp the documents after translation. I translated the exact same documents that you mentioned.

I (once in the past) issued the birth certificates from the ministry of health.
I also issued the marriage certificate from the a7wal madaneya fel essm but the spelling was incorrect and the guy told me we can't correct it (I doubt that was the truth) so I didn't use it.

please note that my aor is December 11th so my application isn't fully approved since I didn't get pr or anything besides medicals passed.

MAUF

Apr 20, 2017
I read in this thread that we can get our documents (PCC, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificates..etc.) translated by the Ministry of Health/Justice.
I feel like it's a hassle going to different places. Is it OK to just get them all translated with affidavit in a recognized translation center? What is the advantage of getting it done at the ministries?
Can you tell me what you did with regards to the translations?

MAUF

Apr 20, 2017
I used ICU and wasn't notified from IRCC about any trouble with the translations I provided. I didn't stamp the documents after translation. I translated the exact same documents that you mentioned.

I (once in the past) issued the birth certificates from the ministry of health.
I also issued the marriage certificate from the a7wal madaneya fel essm but the spelling was incorrect and the guy told me we can't correct it (I doubt that was the truth) so I didn't use it.

please note that my aor is December 11th so my application isn't fully approved since I didn't get pr or anything besides medicals passed.
Thank you,

so you recommend I just translate all documents with ICU and that should be fine?

MAUF

Apr 20, 2017
Gents,

I have one question I need help with urgently, I have been working in Saudi Arabia for the past two years, I did not issue a PCC since CIC states the following on it's website:
"
A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail after your application for Permanent Residence has been received. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If they approve you, the letter will give you the address to the police headquarters where you must go and apply in person.

If your application is being processed at the Canadian High Commission in London, you are not required to get a police certificate until the London visa office sends you a police certificate request letter with instructions on how to apply.

For applications being processed at any other office, request letters can be requested by e-mail: riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca or fax: 966-1-488-9657. Please include the file number, the office where you applied and your mailing address.

If you are applying at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, you should submit a police certificate with your application. You can contact the visa office for a request letter at fax: (971 2) 694-0396 or e-mail: abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Please include your immigration file number if you have one.
"
So does that mean after submitting my ePR application, CIC will request PCC from Saudi Arabia and only then should I start the process? or should I email "riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca" and ask for the letter and start the process from now?

GHSIH

May 7, 2016
Thank you,

so you recommend I just translate all documents with ICU and that should be fine?
You are always welcome sir.

Actually I recommend saving money and issuing the documents from the governmental institutions but just letting you know that what I did with the ICU office went well so far.

It is a huge difference in the fees for the office compared to the other option.

If you are planning to get wezaret el khargeya stamp on the government documents it is only for 11 EGP/document (last year) and there are many offices (the one in October has no queue and has an AC).