+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Egyptian Citizens inland and outland, let's Connect here

wassimgiskandar

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
White knight 22 said:
i translated mine in Nadoury & Nahas law offices which is located in front of US embassy, garden city .. they r professional and price is decent

Make sure u tell them it's for Canada so they will supply u with "affidavit" which is mandatory for translated documents to be submitted in CIC
I am sorry but what is an Affidavit? and does it have to be requested from the translator? I am from Alexandria and the translator I used is a public notary and sworn translator and he signed and stamped the translation, so is that whats meant by an affidavit?

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prince5 said:
Hello Guys

Thanks for the effort.

I received my ITA about 2 weeks ago, I used to live in the US. so i require FBI police certificate which takes up to 11 weeks. I will apply anyway attaching a letter of explanation. do you know would they place my application on hold or go ahead with the processing ( apparently everyone is complaining on how slow is the FBI? anyone with an experience of that
2. I am at NOC 4012-4011, one of the universities i worked at provided me with all the details i want for my HR letter except the salary! which they totally refuse to mention. I got paid cash so technically i cant prove it. How big of a deal is it?

Thank you ya regala
The salary thing is a BIG issue. You have to convince them to disclose the salary or provide you with a written explanation of why they don't want to. This is critical and will cause a problem. Make sure you get all necessary details if you need to claim points for this work. Otherwise, just post it in work history, and don't claim it as experience.

جامعة ايه دي؟؟؟؟وايه مشكلتهم؟

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wassimgiskandar said:
I am sorry but what is an Affidavit? and does it have to be requested from the translator? I am from Alexandria and the translator I used is a public notary and sworn translator and he signed and stamped the translation, so is that whats meant by an affidavit?
An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the place where the affidavit is sworn, that the contents of the translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/translation.asp

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
wassimgiskandar said:
I think the translation you got will be enough.

Btw, I'm also from Alex, and i'm giong to be there on the 23rd of this month! :D

wassimgiskandar

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hossamo33 said:
I think the translation you got will be enough.

Btw, I'm also from Alex, and i'm giong to be there on the 23rd of this month! :D
Thanks man and Congratulations!! Where do you intend to stay in Canada?

did you use El Torgoman translator in El Shatby? and would you mind sharing your timeline and NOC?

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
wassimgiskandar said:
Thanks man and Congratulations!! Where do you intend to stay in Canada?

did you use El Torgoman translator in El Shatby? and would you mind sharing your timeline and NOC?
I am currently living and working in Saudi Arabia. My brother lives in Nova Scotia, Canada. So thats where i'll most likely be doing my landing, if I ever get the PR that is. My brother has also helped me get my documents translated from a certified translator in Canada.

My timeline;

NOC: 0211 (Engineering Managers)
Program: FSW Outland
CRS score: 475
AOR: 29th September
Medicals Passed: 3rd October

No updates since.

What about you?

wassimgiskandar

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hossamo33 said:
I am currently living and working in Saudi Arabia. My brother lives in Nova Scotia, Canada. So thats where i'll most likely be doing my landing, if I ever get the PR that is. My brother has also helped me get my documents translated from a certified translator in Canada.

My timeline;

NOC: 0211 (Engineering Managers)
Program: FSW Outland
CRS score: 475
AOR: 29th September
Medicals Passed: 3rd October

No updates since.

What about you?
Oh I thought you already got your PPR :D anyways I hope this will be the case soon.
my NOC is 3131 (Pharmacist) and FSW Outland as well
Score: 450
AOR: 25th October
Medicals Passed: 28th of October
Schedule A Request: 29th of October and submitted within 2 days.

Currently still BG not started.

Good luck!!

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
wassimgiskandar said:
Oh I thought you already got your PPR :D anyways I hope this will be the case soon.
my NOC is 3131 (Pharmacist) and FSW Outland as well
Score: 450
AOR: 25th October
Medicals Passed: 28th of October
Schedule A Request: 29th of October and submitted within 2 days.

Currently still BG not started.

Good luck!!
Ya, my BG check hasnt started as well. I didn't get a Schedule A request though. I'm not even sure what that is, and why some people get it, and others don't. Anyway, the wait continues..

I live behind koleyt el handasa btw, share3 el maktabat! Can't wait til im back!!!

Best of luck!

Hsalaheldeen

Oct 12, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-1-2016
AOR Received.
8-1-2016
Med's Request
Review in progress
Med's Done....
2-12-2015
Guys Please I have A couple of questions:
1- Should the documents be attested by Ministry of foreign affairs before translation?
2- How can I get My colleague's signature notarized on my reference letter containing the job duties and a declaration of a gift from my father to me. (I asked a notary in Cairo called ICU and he said that he can't do it)
Thank you

wassimgiskandar

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hsalaheldeen said:
Guys Please I have A couple of questions:
1- Should the documents be attested by Ministry of foreign affairs before translation?
2- How can I get My colleague's signature notarized on my reference letter containing the job duties and a declaration of a gift from my father to me. (I asked a notary in Cairo called ICU and he said that he can't do it)
Thank you
Speaking of myself, I did not attest any documents from the Ministry of foreign affairs. For the signature it was from my manager's so I also did not notarize anything, as long as it is on the company letterhead and stamped I guess it should be fine, may be its a different case as he is your colleague not your manager. I hope this helped and may be someone else could provide their opinion.

Gego2

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2015
wildemam said:
Guys from Egypt can use this topic to exchange knowledge and experience on how to obtain any necessary documented ( for example birth certs., or Police certs.) through the consulate or other methods. Guys who need work or education forms can check here if it meets CIC criteria. I would be happy to help with any enquiry regarding interacting with Egyptian authorities, and many people would also like to help.

Good luck for us all.
Thanks for creating such a thread.
Best of luck for all of you guys!

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hossamo33 said:
Ya, my BG check hasnt started as well. I didn't get a Schedule A request though. I'm not even sure what that is, and why some people get it, and others don't. Anyway, the wait continues..

I live behind koleyt el handasa btw, share3 el maktabat! Can't wait til im back!!!

Best of luck!
It depends on the officer who decides what to request. They requested RCMP report from me.

EhabHassaneen

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2015
Hey Folks,

So happy to see this gathering from Egyptians and many thanks for the admin of this thread.
Gentlemen I need to share my limited experience with you, brainstorm and conclude some facts.

--> Our files is being processed here in Egypt ( In the Canadian Embassy ), CIC can't verify the submitted documents from us or to figure out either the submitted documents are genuine and from the designated authorities or not!!
I'll share my experiment in Canada Visitor Visa on Mach 2015 ....

I travel to the U.S 3 times per year supporting my current job, so I decided not to come back directly to Egypt and visit Canada for a couple of weeks to explore the country, visit some friends, check the climate .... etc

Submitted all required docs on My CIC, same as we did for EE then got an email within a week to go to Canadian Embassy for collecting my Biometrics ( Fingerprints and photo ).
Next day I went to Canadian Embassy with my passport and the sent Email from CIC. They said ...
No, we process ONLY the Immigration files here ( Express Entry & Quebec ), Visitor Visa, Biometrics and all related TRV's process in VFS-Global office ( Mourad St ).
I had a little chat with the Egyptian employee regarding how you process the files?! I thought CIC do everything. He replied ... CIC check the basics ( IELTS, ECA, Age and Eligibility) then they send the file to us to verify the submitted docs then they make the decision ... This is the route of our files what I meant to say.

However I went to VFS-Global and gave them my Biometrics and in 2 weeks I got an Email from VFS-Global states that my Visa is approved and please send your passport to stamp the Visa for you !!!. While MyCIC page is Review for eligibility .... In process.
Sent my passport and received it back after 3 days and after a week CIC changed to Approved and Closed.

What I need to tell is the slow motion is coming from The Canadian Embassy in Cairo not from CIC. They review paper by paper all the documents we've submitted. But, let's assume the number of files they have ( my opinion at most 100 file ) why they take all this time??!!

Sorry if I made it long ... But really waiting is stressful.
I wondered how people before EE stayed 2 to 3 years to Immigrate.
I wish best of luck for us all.

Thanks & Regards
Ehab

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wassimgiskandar said:
Hey man, thanks for your reply.

Regarding the bank statement I supplied savings certificates as well worth more than the required amount and an LOE explaining that it generates interest to the current account. My travel history is rich with travelling to europe and USA and I obtained my MSc degree from the UK where I spent 16 months, so I guess that should count for me.

Regarding the omission it is not hiding any info as the whole page is available and I have the originals ready to be sent anytime.

For the work experience I am not claiming points for my part time I only mentioned it in the personal history, the issue is that the full time job for 2 years that I am claiming points for is not mentioned in my previous visitor visa application, I attached an LOE saying I did not mention it as it was hard to obtain and it was easier for me to obtain the one for the part time job ( I was working both jobs), I attached the visa refusal letter with the requested Schedule A to be more clear and may be save them the time to open my previous application.

I tried to be as punctual as possible in explaining my situation and hopefully it will go smoothly.
Ehab

It is clear and common-knowledge that local officers (in Egypt for your case) are the ones who review the papers. They are still Canadian government employees.

VFS Global are just a courier for the applications and I have a really Ugly experience with them, when they gave my passport to someone else and he contacted me himself to give it to me! The employee of VFS later contacted me and tried to hide what happened and then all I could do is report the incident to her boss, and no feedback were given.

Anyway, CIC acts through the local visa office in Cairo for immigration. This applies everywhere and it does not affect the speed of processing. I am currently in Cadana and my processing is as slow as yours. It is just that they are working on 400k+ backlog from previous years.

EhabHassaneen

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2015
wildemam said:
Ehab

It is clear and common-knowledge that local officers (in Egypt for your case) are the ones who review the papers. They are still Canadian government employees.

VFS Global are just a courier for the applications and I have a really Ugly experience with them, when they gave my passport to someone else and he contacted me himself to give it to me! The employee of VFS later contacted me and tried to hide what happened and then all I could do is report the incident to her boss, and no feedback were given.

Anyway, CIC acts through the local visa office in Cairo for immigration. This applies everywhere and it does not affect the speed of processing. I am currently in Cadana and my processing is as slow as yours. It is just that they are working on 400k+ backlog from previous years.
So sorry to hear your story with VFS, I can imagine the situation ... This is insane.
I'll tell you a joke regarding this **** . Wallahy wallahy this happened ... I'm staying in their office waiting for my turn to collect the Biometrics and there was a girl applying for a study permit ( Paper Based ). The employee who was a girl told her " fill this APPLICATIONS with a Pencil and show it to me when I say OK erase the pencil lines and write it with a Pen " the girl replied " Fill all this TWICE " the employee said YUP with a very sarcastic laugh. ( Nafsyat Mo3akada )