Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Alexandria, Egypt
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
masa2 el foll ya massreyeen and Canadians to be isA :)

Regarding the military service, I'm exempted and I got it issued in my recent Passport, so do I need to translate the military exemption certificate or not? and if yes, where should I do so?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone..

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Yasser Amer said:

Regarding the military service, I'm exempted and I got it issued in my recent Passport, so do I need to translate the military exemption certificate or not? and if yes, where should I do so?

I dont think that this is required

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
uppperkut said:
Saba7 el fol! hope you all are doing great!

I've got some questions about completing the profile (after ITA) and the required documents, so would really appreciate if someone can help me out:

Personal details:
  • Regarding the eye color, mine is brown-ish under light, but otherwise black (like 90% of Egyptians :)), so what do you think I should write? Do they ask for any documents that show your eye color or something?

Brown

• There is a question that says "Have you told us about all of your relatives?". I'm assuming that this is asking about immediate relatives (mother, father, siblings)

read the question, they mention what relatives explicitly

Contact details:
  • What is the mail address used for? I don't wanna use my home address because I'm moving out in 4 months. I can either use my work or sister's address (in Canada). Is that ok?

not OK, if you use an address in canada, they will ask for proofs (like rent/bills) and will request Canadian PCC later on

• Do I have to prove my address history at a later stage? The reason for asking is that I've moved in an out of apartments and sometimes I would move in before the contract date begins. There are also hotel stays in between.

you need only to list established residencies (where you receive mails and pay bills), not hotel stays even if they're months

Study and language:
  • I've got a Bachelor's degree. Do I need to add my high school degree as well?

no need

Personal history:
  • When I was switching between jobs, sometimes I would take a 1-2 week break. Do I have to add a row under personal activities saying that I was unemployed for those weeks? Keep in mind that the date format is MM/YY, so no specific days.

I would say yes.. but up to you, they only ask to account month-wise

Finally, regarding the documents I need from Egypt. I live in Dubai and I'm not married. I also didn't join the army (exempted). Do I need to worry about anything except the police certificate and college degree? Can I apply for a police certificate when I visit Egypt, bring it back with me, and then submit it to IRCC within the ITA window?

you can and you should do it that way

Thanks so much and sorry for the amount of questions. Your help is much appreciated!
wish you all the best

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Wolverine17 said:
See untill now i couldnt reach a proper answer for this because they state to issue pcc from home country after your last visit but i think anyone can do the pcc for you i need a clarification on that,i mean if you take the fingerprints someone can apply on your behalf after you leave if am not mistaken,hopefully someone can clarify that for both of us
the proper and long answer: since you are a citizen of the country you don't cease to visit it, so whether you're in or out the country doesn't matter for the PCC since you are a citizen!

the most important thing is it should not be older than 6 months at the time of application submission

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Yasser Amer said:

only if they ask you to provide it, do not submit anything extra except your ECA and IELTS papers

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
maged_mmh said:
the proper and long answer: since you are a citizen of the country you don't cease to visit it, so whether you're in or out the country doesn't matter for the PCC since you are a citizen!

the most important thing is it should not be older than 6 months at the time of application submission
Yes but i am a citizen but a resident of another country,will
It make a difference

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Wolverine17 said:
It make a difference
you're still a citizen no matter what

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Wolverine17 said:
It make a difference
I think you've misread what's written on the police certificate page.

Here's what it says:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

So it's definitely not the last visit. Also, check the page on the CIC website that explains how to get police certificates in a specific country. For Egypt, it's required for you get the police certificate yourself.

Therefore, as long as it's valid, you're good to go. Hope that helps.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
maged_mmh said:
Thanks a lot for your reply.

not OK, if you use an address in canada, they will ask for proofs (like rent/bills) and will request Canadian PCC later on
- What about my work address? I really don't wanna go through the trouble of changing my address because I'm definitely moving out in June. What are they gonna send anyway?

you need only to list established residencies (where you receive mails and pay bills), not hotel stays even if they're months
- The only problem is that by doing this, there will be gaps. In 2 cases, I've left the apartments before the end of my contract after agreement with the landlords. And, even then, there are still gaps between the dates. I also stayed in a hotel for about a month when I first moved to Dubai. If I know the addresses of the hotels, would it be an issue if I include them?

Thanks again.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
- What about my work address? I really don't wanna go through the trouble of changing my address because I'm definitely moving out in June. What are they gonna send anyway?

still your safest bet to inform once you change residence

- The only problem is that by doing this, there will be gaps. In 2 cases, I've left the apartments before the end of my contract after agreement with the landlords. And, even then, there are still gaps between the dates. I also stayed in a hotel for about a month when I first moved to Dubai. If I know the addresses of the hotels, would it be an issue if I include them?

NO GAPS, do whatever you like but NO GAPS, you don't need to show any paper proofs, only fill it in such a way leaving no gaps whatsoever

Thanks again.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
uppperkut said:
I think you've misread what's written on the police certificate page.

Here's what it says:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

So it's definitely not the last visit. Also, check the page on the CIC website that explains how to get police certificates in a specific country. For Egypt, it's required for you get the police certificate yourself.

Therefore, as long as it's valid, you're good to go. Hope that helps.
I think what you are saying might be true,so that means that as long as my pcc from egypt and country of residency is less than 6 months old it will be valid,the reason i got so confused is because of a post that i read here stating that the pcc from my home country should be after i leave it

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Wolverine17 said:
I think what you are saying might be true,so that means that as long as my pcc from egypt and country of residency is less than 6 months old it will be valid,the reason i got so confused is because of a post that i read here stating that the pcc from my home country should be after i leave it
technically.. you can't "leave" your home country :)

Yasser Amer

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Alexandria, Egypt
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
maged_mmh said:
only if they ask you to provide it, do not submit anything extra except your ECA and IELTS papers
Thanks a lot.. if they asked for it, should I translate it from a governmental source or any authorized translator (like El-Nadoury for example) would do the trick?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Yasser Amer said:
Thanks a lot.. if they asked for it, should I translate it from a governmental source or any authorized translator (like El-Nadoury for example) would do the trick?
I was wondering the same but i guess there aint a huge difference you can go with either