Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
ari5323 said:
not yet, but today my lawyer told me to come tomorrow to sign the papers,
i am happy to become a Canadian, I hate the people that are cheating the system and want just the passport,
when i see them i know why Canada changed the old law.
Well, so you are not gonna be affected by the new law. Yet you want people applying after you to wait longer... If you were required to wait longer yourself, would you still be OK with it?

And you say you hate the people who "cheat" the system? Didn't you just say "I love you all" in your previous post? :p

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Bigudi said:
If acquiring the Canadian citizenship is what is stopping you from leaving the country, I say let's make a huge campaign to CIC to give you these papers ASAP so we can get rid of you. Good riddance.
Some people in this blog gone mad ... bcoz may be they already applied Canadian Citizenship or they are hopeful that they will apply before new change. But, its not the matter of new or old. Its the matter of right, if I paid taxes and CPP for last 7 years as Temperory resident or Permanant resident then its my right to get the citizenship same like other people who got it and entered in Canada on asylum.

Will govt refund CPP amount if I want to leave the country....? Be sensible not selfish .. this blog is for mature discussion not for jokers to make the funny faces...its individual choice to leave the country after getting citizenhip or before that.... Who are we to comment on that.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You took those words out of my mouth,,, I totally agree with you,, first of all i was personally offended even tho it wasn't directed to me, but some people need to learn when to stop because i don't think they would like it if they were spoken to in this way..

second it is a free land, freedom of speech is one the canadian rights,, if someone is looking to leave the country thats up to them,, why are people so jealous or against them ?? geez people relax it is not a battle or a war we are all equal here, it is the government that is trying to split us. Think before your reply

SoftwareEngg said:
Some people in this blog gone mad ... bcoz may be they already applied Canadian Citizenship or they are hopeful that they will apply before new change. But, its not the matter of new or old. Its the matter of right, if I paid taxes and CPP for last 7 years as Temperory resident or Permanant resident then its my right to get the citizenship same like other people who got it and entered in Canada on asylum.

Is the govt will refund CPP amount if I want to leave the country....? Be sensible not selfish .. this blog is for mature discussion not for jokers to make the funny faces...its individual choice to leave the country after getting citizenhip or before that.... Who are we to comment on that.

Adnan34

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In what way people can be affected who already got Canadian citizen with old law and are dual national.

Adnan34

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In what way people can be affected with implementation of new law who already got Canadian citizen with old law and are dual national.

xumbrega

May 26, 2015
Prospective Canuck said:
Your words just melt our hearts! To Xumbrega I hereby bestow the Future Citizens of Inconvenience Award, aka the Ted Cruz Award.

Canadian-bored [sic], Cuban-American Rafael Eduardo Ted Cruz may well have become the godfather of the Canadians of Inconvenience League, when he paid the nominal citizenship renunciation fee, submitted the form and only one photograph to the CIC, and patiently awaited the process of de-Canadianisation, upon which he declared that he "is pleased to have the process finalized" and that it "makes sense he should be only an American citizen." He was not subjected to any "4 out of 6" requirement.

Now Rafael is free to become a leader of the United States and/or Cuba. If ever (by failure to become a President of Convenience), he should decide to renounce his renunciation of Canadian citizenship, then I hope that the CIC will review any such application with due skepticism. At any rate, I extend an open invitation to Rafael, to visit our humble chat room, and to air his views and grievances as to the trials and tribulations of the Canadian of Inconvenience!

But wait, Xumbrega, there's more! Please at least wipe your feet, prior to treading upon the red carpet, welcoming you to the "States", which we have rolled out, just for you! We trust that you will find our Stateside accommodations satisfactory, and that you will not neglect to post such sentiments on Yelp.

But wait, there's even more, if you order within the next 4 out of 6 years! You do not need Canadian citizenship, in order to live, work, frolic and play in the primary world "States". You may elect to forego your application for Canadian citizenship altogether, thus allowing the CIC to process the application of a good faith future Canadian, in lieu of yours.

Please remember not to slam the revolving door on your way out of Canada!

Enjoy the sunshine and the moonshine, and don't forget to write, perhaps while waiting in an unemployment line, down south, in the "States".

As we say in our alternate medium of convenience "Bonjour! Bon Voyage!, et Bon Débarras!"
I'm pretty sure I melt your heart after your long post but I apologize I've actually read half of it.

I thought I'd live in Canada during summers before. But after I've heard about bill C-24 I was sure this country is just for idiots like you.

I'm on my way out to Europe to challenge the unemployment rate there btw, while you are here either shoveling your driveway, or being miserable paying your overrated prices.

Hope you don't remember me next time you pay your mobile phone bill.

Like we do say in my home country: "Vou dormir na pia, xuxu"..

Tchauzinho, beijos.

xumbrega

May 26, 2015
neutral said:
Yeah, in fact it should be 4/5 or 5/6 instead of 4/6 ;D
If you live here permanently, what's the problem....
I really thought about posting my racist rant after reading your post.

xumbrega

May 26, 2015
ari5323 said:
No, I havn not got my Citizenship. not yet,

actually today my lawyer told me to come tomorrow to sign the papers.
I am happy to become a Canadian citizen, I love canada, and I hate the people that are cheating the system and want just the passport,
when I see those cheating people, I know why Canada changed the old law.
Cheating, what do you mean with that? Do you mean, I've been paying my taxes in this shitty cold country for 5 years and people that arrived here 2 years later than me are becoming citizens and I'm not? This is cheating.

Go enjoy your future second class citizenship and stop craping from your mouth.

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
xumbrega said:
Cheating, what do you mean with that? Do you mean, I've been paying my taxes in this *censored word*ty cold country for 5 years and people that arrived here 2 years later than me are becoming citizens and I'm not? This is cheating.

Go enjoy your future second class citizenship and stop craping from your mouth.
Oh man ... This is something crazy here.... I dont believe this .. some people needs lawyer to file Citizenship papers... I heard people use to hire Consultants or lawyers to get the PR status becoz they are new to the system .. but after staying in Canada .. if you still need a lawyer to file your citizenship which shows your capability... Oh that might be the reason why such people appeals to increase the residency requirement bcoz they have noway to go out anywhere... Can I smile on this ... Yes .. I think SO.... :)

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
ari5323 said:
No, I havn not got my Citizenship. not yet,

actually today my lawyer told me to come tomorrow to sign the papers.
I am happy to become a Canadian citizen, I love canada, and I hate the people that are cheating the system and want just the passport,
when I see those cheating people, I know why Canada changed the old law.
Oh man ... This is something crazy here.... I dont believe this .. some people needs lawyer to file Citizenship papers... I heard people use to hire Consultants or lawyers to get the PR status becoz they are new to the system .. but after staying in Canada .. if you still need a lawyer to file your citizenship which shows your capability... Oh that might be the reason why such people appeals to increase the residency requirement bcoz they have noway to go out anywhere... Can I smile on this ... Yes .. I think SO.... :p

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
SoftwareEngg said:

Will govt refund CPP amount if I want to leave the country....? Be sensible not selfish .. this blog is for mature discussion not for jokers to make the funny faces...its individual choice to leave the country after getting citizenhip or before that.... Who are we to comment on that.
Just FYI - you are entitled to a CPP pension regardless of whether you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, temporary resident, or no longer reside in Canada upon retirement. You can collect CPP while living in another country.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Now THAT melts my heart. When I left my country, I did it exactly to run away from this typical mentality. Yes, I am glad that you plan to take off to other lands.
Unfortunately I have to admit: as a Brazilian myself, Canada could use less Brazilians. At least typical Brazilians.
Although I obviously disprove your tone and your behavior, I wish you can find whatever you seek to fulfill you in any country your chose.
Just try and be more respectful in the future. You will be doing all of us Brazilians a favor.

xumbrega said:
I'm pretty sure I melt your heart after your long post but I apologize I've actually read half of it.

I thought I'd live in Canada during summers before. But after I've heard about bill C-24 I was sure this country is just for idiots like you.

I'm on my way out to Europe to challenge the unemployment rate there btw, while you are here either shoveling your driveway, or being miserable paying your overrated prices.

Hope you don't remember me next time you pay your mobile phone bill.

Like we do say in my home country: "Vou dormir na pia, xuxu"..

Tchauzinho, beijos.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Bigudi said:
Now THAT melts my heart. When I left my country, I did it exactly to run away from this typical mentality. Yes, I am glad that you plan to take off to other lands.
Unfortunately I have to admit: as a Brazilian myself, Canada could use less Brazilians. At least typical Brazilians.
Although I obviously disprove your tone and your behavior, I wish you can find whatever you seek to fulfill you in any country your chose.
Just try and be more respectful in the future. You will be doing all of us Brazilians a favor.
This crying/demanding/ungrateful babies, are the reason why I will vote for the conservatives I have never seen so much hate toward Canada, than on this blog from those ungrateful and cheating immigrants. canada don't need them.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
SoftwareEngg said:

Your taxes and CPP payments entitle you to NOTHING other than using the social services that you and your family have been using for the last 7 years. you talk about refunds, but will you refund the government the cost of maintaining the roads you have driven on, the cost of providing the schools and healthcare your family has been using, the cost of the police and fire departments who protect you each day, etc.?

Why don't people understand that taxes have nothing to do with citizenship. Paying one doesn't automatically entitle you to the other.

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
It`s all about status. As a citizen of a 3rd world country, it`s like riding a plane in economy class, nobody gives much *censored word* about your comfort or wellness. As a citizen of Canada or other advanced country, it`s like sitting in the first class cabi with elite frequent flyer status.

It is not fair to require me to apply for a visa in order to travel to many countries, just because I was born in the wrong place (3rd world country)