+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
MUFC said:
This Law is not meant to stay forever after the enforcement. Everything is temporary and if something is really wrong it will be fixed by the future government.
-Education
-Health care
-Pay equity across private sector
-Child/Elder care support
-Innovation
-Equality in the society

need to be fixed.If you really want to talk about something,let`s talk about these.I am sure you`ll benefit from all of the above too .If you really want to raise your voice,let`s do it together.Without any gibberish.

There is no benefit of Bill C-24 whatsoever for current PRs.Therefore,it should be applied only to new PRs after the bill is fully in effect.Maybe you personally are not losing anything.Next time,there will be something and you`ll need my support,as a fellow immigrant.NO other man will care about you or understand you as much as your immigrant friends,my friend.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddhaB said:
-Education
-Health care
-Innovation
-Equality in the society

need to be fixed.If you really want to talk about something,let`s talk about these.I am sure you`ll benefit from all of the above too .If you really want to raise your voice,let`s do it together.Without any gibberish.

There is no benefit of Bill C-24 whatsoever for current PRs.Therefore,it should be applied only to new PRs after the bill is fully in effect.Maybe you personally are not losing anything.Next time,there will be something and you`ll need my support,as a fellow immigrant.NO other man will care about you or understand you as much as your immigrant friends,my friend.
There is no perfect country in the world, just like there is no perfect government. I am sure that many affected people will support your ideas.
In my case, this Law doesn't bother me.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddhaB said:
-Education
-Health care
-Innovation
-Equality in the society

need to be fixed.
Sure, all that has to be fixed in every single country around the world .... so?
This thread is about the new citizenship law and about CIC in general not about politic point of views (it's clear you hate Conservatives).

I do not think you can ever have a VOICE in Canada,my friend.With this current system you are part of,you`ll always be ruled under certain ethnicities/ethnicity
I do have a voice without even being yet a Canadian. Racism exists everywhere but what a real pity that stop you feeling free. Maybe you've to go out of your booble.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Notwithstanding repeated assertions of the speculative opinion that there will be, for sure, further or additional "notice" as to the precise date the revised requirements come into force, it should be noted that CIC has indeed already given notice of the impending implementation of the revised requirements (doing so last year and in much the same way that advance notice was given for the implementation of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which came into force in June 2002, as generally indicated the previous year . . . albeit the Liberal government gave a specific date whereas this Conservative government only gave notice of the approximate date).

There are various considerations in assessing the likelihood of more specific notice as to the precise date, but that is still about the likelihood of some further or additional notice . . . thus it is still speculative.

One quote among multiple reiterations above of the speculative opinion there will be, for sure, further or additional notice:

MUFC said:
There have NEVER been a case in history of CIC to say a cut off date in a mainstream immigration (Citizenship and PR programs)program regarding massive changes in the rules and therefore affecting so many people in the last moment without any final notice.

I really don't understand from where comes that Unfounded PARANOIA that this will be the first time that this will happen.
Prior to the adoption of the SCCA, significant statuory changes to the Citizenship Act came into force as of, at the latest, the date Royal Assent was granted (as I recall, some related back, deemed to come into force earlier . . . just as some provisions in the SCCA are deemed to have come into force some time ago). Otherwise, prior to the SCCA, there have been no major statutory or regulatory changes to the grant citizenship process or requirements for more than three decades, none since the Citizenship Act as such was adopted, so there is no precedence against which to compare how CIC will implement the changes made in the SCCA regarding requirements for naturalized citizenship.

There was a major administrative change to the processing of citizenship applications made in April 2012. This was done with NO notice to the public, even after the changes were implemented. We only know parts of those changes due to a large number of ATI requests. Those changes had a dramatic impact on multiple aspects of the process. CIC still declines to disclose key portions of what was implemented in those changes.

The one change to the Citizenship Act which has, so far, come into force on a date subsequent to the date of adoption, was the change regarding the decision-making process itself, described as a major change by this government and it is indeed a major change (resulting in no referral to a CJ for the vast majority of applicants). This change was part of the SCCA adopted June 19, 2014. It came into effect on August 1, 2014. The Governor in Council's Order fixing this date as such was made July 31, 2014, just the day prior to the law taking effect. While the CIC website announced this change in its website the day of the change itself, August 1, 2014, the Order was not published until August 13, 2014 (see Gazette Part II publication of the Order), two weeks AFTER the order was made and nearly two weeks after the revised law came into force.

And it is not true that massive changes in immigration have all been preceded by notice in advance of the effective date; a few years ago, for example, a huge number of applicants for Permanent Residence were cut-off RETROACTIVELY, no notice at all until long after the applications had been submitted. CIC merely refunded their fees.

That said, again, notice of the impending implementation of the revised grant citizenship requirements, including increasing the minimum period of actual presence required, has already been given and posted at the CIC website. See announcement made June 19, 2014. Also see official publication of the SCCA in Part III of the Gazette September 3, 2014.

Any additional notice is entirely discretionary.

Note, I am NOT arguing there will or will not be some further notice. I am acknowledging we do not know if there will be further notice. No one here knows. Assertions otherwise are raw speculation.

There are practical reasons why CIC should, and one might reasonably infer probably will, be sure that the public is aware of the precise date prior to that date.

But there is definitely NO guarantee of this, and relative to this government, what can be reasonably inferred is far, far shy of instilling confidence that is what will take place.

And to be clear: administrative actions are routinely made without publicizing their precise date in advance. Including those affecting immigration. Establishing the coming-into-force date is merely an administrative action (recognizing, again, that notice of the implementation of these changes has already been given).

Again, I believe there will be some further notice. But I acknowledge this is speculation.

As to how much notice there is likely to be: that is total speculation.

Again, it safe to say that there will be some advance notice of the precise date ONLY IF:

-- the Governor in Council makes the Order more than a day in advance of the date fixed in the Order, or

-- CIC elects to otherwise provide advance notice (even though none is required)

One or the other, or both, seem likely. But again we do not know. Definitive assertions otherwise are, again, raw speculation.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
MUFC said:
There is no perfect country in the world, just like there is no perfect government. I am sure that many affected people will support your ideas.
In my case, this Law doesn't bother me.
nobody is from heaven here. doesnt matter if it bother u or not

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was sure that at the end, the unfounded Paranoia will prevail.

So to summarise... The Pandora Box.

There Will Be No Final Notice.

The Date is Very Likely to come in force Any Day, Any Hour.

Let the PARANOIA OFFICIALY BEGIN.

rsultana1234

Jan 5, 2015
Venting online anonymously is not going to change Bill C-24.

How many of us protested on the streets when this change was going to take place/took place?
Was there an effort made by any of us to meet our local MP and express our grievances regarding the bill,how it discriminated naturalized citizens and canadian born citizens?

Did any of us write to our beloved Immigration minister expressing our concerns as to how this bill will open the doors to racism in future?

I do not have a problem with the 4/6 years residency nor IELTS(mandatory).

Yes,I do have concerns with terms "Secondary Class Citizens" and clauses like minister can revoke citizen without trial in court.
Law was made for the people,to protect the rights of people.How can we not have our right to appeal in the court?

Signing the "intend to reside" clause,it's a kind of "bonded labour".....Bonded labour was made illegal in North America years ago..Are we in jail where we have to sign on the paper that we will not leave the place?

When we paid taxes for decades,invested our money in CANADA,citizenship is no longer a "PRIVILEDGE",it our "RIGHT",

When we pay equal taxes like canadians,why is there a division like First class and Second class citizens?

How many immigrants who received/will receive citizenship will make an effort to vote in 2015 federal elections so that the most deserving canadidate gets elected?

Everybody wants to sit in the comfort of their homes and expects the change.

To bring the change,we have to be part of the change.To change the system we have to be part of the system.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The most affected group of people will be the Asians guys since they are the absolute dominant group of newcomers.

Lets see how United the Asians are in practice.

It's not too late to act Guys, there is no confirmation that this Law will be enforced soon.

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
MUFC said:
The most affected group of people will be the Asians guys since they are the absolute dominant group of newcomers.

Lets see how United the Asians are in practice.

It's not too late to act Guys, there is no confirmation that this Law will be enforced soon.
We are all immigrants and should all be concerned! Be it Asians, Africans, Europeans, Arabians etc. Let's all stand for our right fellas... We can achieve the seem impossible in unity!!!

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ever since I felt that They want to put me in that cheap political control game I made a promise to myself NOT TO consider myself as an immigrant here anymore.

I am proud person and I can't sell myself cheap by asking that piece of paper called Canadian citizenship, when I see the real intention from the government in the background.

But this is my personal choice after realizing the true power of my native citizenship.

I encourage you guys to fight for your rights.

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
MUFC said:
Ever since I felt that They want to put me in that cheap political control game I made a promise to myself NOT TO consider myself as an immigrant here anymore.

I am proud person and I can't sell myself cheap by asking that piece of paper called Canadian citizenship, when I see the real intention from the government in the background.

But this is my personal choice after realizing the true power of my native citizenship.

I encourage you guys to fight for your rights.

In reality there is no "They". For all we know the current government may as well be planning to loose the coming elections to avoid facing the consequences of their failing policies, just like the previous Alberta premier did

If you are able to apply for the Canadian citizenship go for it, nobody knows what the future holds. You may find it useful one day

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC should realize that, like any other change, it MUST be made effective in a fair and efficient manner ..

Bill C24 has a lot of changes, not easy to implement by any stretch .. I suspect the CIC themselves will need time to implement these properly, otherwise there will be mass confusion.

That being said, I don't think anybody is actually opposed to C24, except for obvious changes like stripping of Citizenship by one man as he sees fit ..

Now, as for fairness .. these new laws MUST apply to NEW PR's only, going forward, after the effective date .. and NOT to existing PR's who have already started the process of accumulating residency requirements ..
Time is everything in life .. one more year may not be a big deal to some .. but for others, it could mean everything, in terms of health, finances, survival, etc ..

Nobody is saying don't implement the new laws .. they're saying make them fair, revise them where necessary .. and apply them correctly to new applications after the effective date .. at least new applicants will know what they are getting into, instead of having life affecting changes shoved down their throats mid way, like the bulk of us ..

Delaying the effective date will also give CIC time to put into place proper procedures to implement the laws correctly, with a smooth transition ..

This will allow the existing PR's to use half their time on work permits, which is a HUGE help in terms of time, and money spent on taxes, and time spent on blending into the Canadian lifestyle .. and believe me, each of these new citizens will give the government their vote of confidence for their consideration and being fair ..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mogli said:
CIC should realize that, like any other change, it MUST be made effective in a fair and efficient manner ..

Bill C24 has a lot of changes, not easy to implement by any stretch .. I suspect the CIC themselves will need time to implement these properly, otherwise there will be mass confusion.

That being said, I don't think anybody is actually opposed to C24, except for obvious changes like stripping of Citizenship by one man as he sees fit ..

Now, as for fairness .. these new laws MUST apply to NEW PR's only, going forward, after the effective date .. and NOT to existing PR's who have already started the process of accumulating residency requirements ..
Time is everything in life .. one more year may not be a big deal to some .. but for others, it could mean everything, in terms of health, finances, survival, etc ..

Nobody is saying don't implement the new laws .. they're saying make them fair, revise them where necessary .. and apply them correctly to new applications after the effective date .. at least new applicants will know what they are getting into, instead of having life affecting changes shoved down their throats mid way, like the bulk of us ..

Delaying the effective date will also give CIC time to put into place proper procedures to implement the laws correctly, with a smooth transition ..

This will allow the existing PR's to use half their time on work permits, which is a HUGE help in terms of time, and money spent on taxes, and time spent on blending into the Canadian lifestyle .. and believe me, each of these new citizens will give the government their vote of confidence for their consideration and being fair ..
However, this isn't going to happen and we may as well get used to it. IMHO, it's a complete fantasy to believe in the "New PRs only" vision of how this is going to be applied. You show me a single instance of this being suggested, either in the legislation or official comments, by those that are in a position of authority to comment...

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
When I read some of the comments on this thread I can't believe how some people have an incredibly self centred entitled attitude. Reading these comments just makes me think Canada has made a mistake with Bill C24 and should have made the time period to qualify for citizenship even longer just to get rid of those who obviously have no real love for Canada, just the passport.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, in fact it should be 4/5 or 5/6 instead of 4/6 ;D
If you live here permanently, what's the problem....