Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Once you are not meeting the RO, and make a return to Canada, you will most definitely (almost 99%) will get reported. Once reported there will be no possible way to save your PR status.

Yes PR remains a PR, only until the PR is maintaining his/her PR status.

anon123 said:
My advice is to pursue your opportunities and not to let a citizenship bill jeopardize your future. In your case you don't even need the passport to work on your family venture. Remeber, a PR remains a PR until becoming citizen or having the PR revoked. It is much easier to meet RO requirements (2 years out of 5, no requirement to stay in Canada at all if exceptions apply like working for Canadian company oversees, etc.). Even if you don't meet RO, you don't automatically lose your PR. First you have to get reported (which may not always happen), then there is a procedure and only then you may be ordered to leave.

C24 is really bad for people who need citizenship for their careers. All the trashtalk that went on about using benefits and not paying taxes, it applies just as well to PRs.

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Plz advise when I am eligible under new rule
Came to Canada in 2007
Got PR in March 2013
According to old rule eligible on July 7,2015
Plz advise

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are eligible to apply under the current rule on July 7th. Under the new rule you will be eligible to apply on July 7th 2016 if you don't travel abroad during that time.

But meanwhile you also have a good chance to apply under the current rules if they implement officially the new rules from August 1st.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
MUFC said:
But meanwhile you also have a good chance to apply under the current rules if they implement officially the new rules from August 1st.
NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. Are you guys sure there is no news from the today convention ?

mature

Sep 15, 2014
It does not seem to be any credible information concerning a specific statement by Chris Alexander. However issues of Citizenship and in particular revisions introduced by Bill C24 are in tomorrow's agenda of the CBA Conference at a panel tthat will meet between 2.15 and 3.30. Member of this panel will be a high ranking official of CIC.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
mature said:
It does not seem to be any credible information concerning a specific statement by Chris Alexander. However issues of Citizenship and in particular revisions introduced by Bill C24 are in tomorrow's agenda of the CBA Conference at a panel tthat will meet between 2.15 and 3.30. Member of this panel will be a high ranking official of CIC.
CIC lol they keep feeding the innocent callers with the june19 belony date :'( :'(
I tend like MUFC to believe that the CIC has no knowledge what so ever. The PM and the minister are the only one that know the top national secret 8)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mature said:
When I see the agenda topics it seems that they will discus the general stuff we already know.

(I'm placing again the first bet, that there will be no definitive date mentioned tomorrow)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
CIC lol they keep feeding the innocent callers with the june19 belony date :'( :'(
I tend like MUFC to believe that the CIC has no knowledge what so ever. The PM and the minister are the only one that know the top national secret 8)
The regular call centre clerks are good only to read the information written from the actual agent who is processing an application. They also give basic and general information which can be found on the CIC website.

The call centre clerks have no access to such high level information like which is the actual cut off date. They are too low in the chain to know the actual cut off date.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys this what a friend of mine got from CIC:

Date: 2015-05-07

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

On June 19th, 2014, Bill C-24, Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, came into force. This marks the first major reform to the Citizenship Act since 1977.

The changes will:

Help ensure that only qualified applicants can obtain citizenship;
Help protect the program from abuse; and
Give access to citizenship faster.
For more information, please consult the following links:

SobI guess they still do not know the exact cutoff date.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
MUFC said:
If you are eligible to apply under the current rule on July 7th. Under the new rule you will be eligible to apply on July 7th 2016 if you don't travel abroad during that time.

Under new rule he will be eligible only on March 2017.He got PR on March 2013.Before PR wont count for new rule.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAY2112 said:
Guys this what a friend of mine got from CIC:

Date: 2015-05-07

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

On June 19th, 2014, Bill C-24, Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, came into force. This marks the first major reform to the Citizenship Act since 1977.

The changes will:

Help ensure that only qualified applicants can obtain citizenship;
Help protect the program from abuse; and
Give access to citizenship faster.
For more information, please consult the following links:

SobI guess they still do not know the exact cutoff date.
Exactly.

There is no way a person from the general public to reach to such high level information from the regular employees in CIC.

The actual cut off date will come from the Governor.
For that reason follow only official and confirmed sources of information guys.

Don't waste your time asking the regular CIC clerks for that.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Martin29 said:
Under new rule he will be eligible only on March 2017.He got PR on March 2013.Before PR wont count for new rule.
Yes you are correct, for some reason I forgot that under the new rules the pre-PR time will not be counted anymore.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
ottomancan said:
I will be eligible on 27th of July, that is why i am worried. I been in this country for 10 years ( I was on student visa before) and i got my pr 3 years ago and last summer i went back to home. if i knew such a think coming up i would not even leave. so i would apply by now. What is happening is ridiculous. I hope they can let us know ASAP so we can set our plans up. And anyways if they change the rules i cant keep my passport right? There is a big project my family is doing and i will be the one who is managing the project.

Therefore, If i get my passport and leave in an other country they will take away my passport right?
So, maybe there is no point of applying to Canadian passport for me. I can just get a tourist visa and come see my friends with that. This is really ridiculous what they did to me after I spend my 10 years here and all the Taxes i have paid.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

You wont loose your citizenship if you live outside of Canada after taking citizenship.You have full rights to live where ever you want to live as a Canadian.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
David_Parker said:
Came to Canada in 2007
Got PR in March 2013
Plz advise
You'd be eligible on July 7th 2017 under new rule. That's because you are counting pre PR time in old rule; which you cannot in new rule.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
David_Parker said:
Came to Canada in 2007
Got PR in March 2013
Plz advise
We really can't say for sure that you will be under the new rule by the time you qualify on July 7, 2015. Chances are that you will but not 100%. You basically have to wait until the new cutoff date is officially announced. Only then will you know for sure whether you can apply under the old or new rules.