+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK keep on analyzing this small blog page and the rest of us will follow what will be the actual date.

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Just to share the info about the buffer over 1095 days which a lot of folks asked here on this forum. I am an April applicant, I submitted my application with only 3 extra days i.e. with 1098 days since I had not gone anywhere. My application got accepted and I received my AOR exactly 2 weeks after my application was received by CIC and my ECAS too got activated a couple of days later :)
So I guess what CIC agents say is true that as long as you complete your 1095 day, you are good to apply on the 1096th day....as long as you have carefully and duly taken into account your absences / travel outside of Canada.

Good Luck!

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2015 said:
Hi Guys,

Just to share the info about the buffer over 1095 days which a lot of folks asked here on this forum. I am an April applicant, I submitted my application with only 3 extra days i.e. with 1098 days since I had not gone anywhere. My application got accepted and I received my AOR exactly 2 weeks after my application was received by CIC and my ECAS too got activated a couple of days later :)
So I guess what CIC agents say is true that as long as you complete your 1095 day, you are good to apply on the 1096th day....as long as you have carefully and duly taken into account your absences / travel outside of Canada.

Good Luck!
Your case works with 1098 days coz you have not traveled anywhere. In 99.9 percent of the cases people would have traveled and so my case too. I applied with 1096 days. Getting accepted is not the issue. Getting RQ is. I got RQ even after documenting all my visits and also providing CBSA and US CBP report to show my trips. So I think adding buffer will help if you have travel history in your application.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Basically there are 2 options:

1.CIC doesn't have efficient and reliable way to verify the actual physical presence , or

2.CIC deliberately want's to slow down some portion of the applications without particular reason.

The nerve wracking fact is that , there're different times during the process in which an RQ can be delivered.

But after all that's why this process is so interesting.

People can ask themselves , if the main requirement to get this citizenship is just by being physically here for the required period of time and if CIC doesn't have the means to verify that physical presence , then why there is any processing fee in place.
What the agents are actually doing there?

This is a simple process which artificially is converted to a complex one.

waljo88

Aug 6, 2011
I haven't been back here for a while. But i heard about the changes from this bill. I had some questions.

1) Is there a grace period for people who landed here in summer 2012. Or for everyone who applies after changes (for example on July 1, 2015) will have to wait for 4 years instead of 3. This sucks because I heard it was only for new people arriving.

2) What is RQ?

3) What is cheapest and best way to meet english language requirement. I thought my wife could go to lync but heard it would be 3 months of classes, might be better to write ielts then.

Any advice would be appreciated.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
waljo88 said:
I haven't been back here for a while. But i heard about the changes from this bill. I had some questions.

1) Is there a grace period for people who landed here in summer 2012. Or for everyone who applies after changes (for example on July 1, 2015) will have to wait for 4 years instead of 3. This sucks because I heard it was only for new people arriving.

2) What is RQ?

3) What is cheapest and best way to meet english language requirement. I thought my wife could go to lync but heard it would be 3 months of classes, might be better to write ielts then.

Any advice would be appreciated.
1) there is no grace period. The new rule will affect every PR regardless of when one land, 20 years ago, 10 years ago or 1 day before the new rule. The onlly grace period is any advanced notice when the new rule will kick in.

2) RQ = residence questionnaire. CIC will issue RQ to any PR that they are not satisfied with the proofs that the PR provided.

3) LINC is the cheapest because it's free. No cost to you.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a personal challenge to screech339 from MUFC.

Say your guess about the cut off date :p

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
my guess for cut off date is .... read

we are seeing that the the time between application received and AOR become less and less. Nowadays is less than two weeks so my guess is when AOR is issued when they just receive the application at this point cutoff date will come into force. ;D

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Here is the answer : straight from horse's mouth

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1582798678648497

[size=10pt]Before June 2015 - old rules (3 out of 4)
After may 2015 - new rules (4 out of 6)
[/size]

Now, the window is narrow... I know it's not an exact date yet, but its as close as it can be; and as clear as it can be. Looks like the date is sometime in jun.

All the best folks... Belt is tightened now...

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So they can put that video as a Coming in force date in the official sources.

Something like: If you want to know the effective date watch this video ;D

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way I want to make the first bet that the real cut off date will still be a mystery after The Canadian Bar Association's National Immigration Law Conference which will take place after 10 days.

The very same horse will be there and he will not give a definitive answer when will be the actual implementation.
I want to be the first one who is placing that bet. ;)

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boltz said:
Here is the answer : straight from horse's mouth

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1582798678648497

[size=10pt]Before June 2015 - old rules (3 out of 4)
After may 2015 - new rules (4 out of 6)
[/size]
May? June? Summer? :-X :-\

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That video is an old one guys, it has been discussed long time ago. The period he is saying was a tentative.

When will happen the actual implementation is a whole new story. So prepare yourselves for more mystery ahead.

There will be no clarity soon.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
MUFC said:
That video is an old one guys, it has been discussed long time ago. The period he is saying was a tentative.

When will happen the actual implementation is a whole new story. So prepare yourselves for more mystery ahead.

There will be no clarity soon.
I wish you are true... However what makes you say the video is old? this is the first time we are hearing 2015 any where ever.

Any one who could translate Arabic comments on the link below the video?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first time I've watched this video was again in facebook from the last summer.
Ever since then this video has been copy pasted and presented as a new one, but actually is the very same footage.

Back in the days that was a tentative period, but when will happen the actual enforcement is a mystery.

And that's why I'm sure that after 10 days on The Canadian Bar Association's National Immigration Law Conference he will not say any definite date.