+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because from now on only official information should be commented here.

Meanwhile no official news means only good news for the applicants who will be eligible in the next 2-3 months.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
I'm silent Because I'm busy now taking pictures for my application. I'm sure 100 percent that my app time June 17 is 2 weeks before July first. The effective time. According to my opinion. :p

mirki

Jun 12, 2014
Hi everyone,

Two questions to you:

1. I fulfill the residency requirements on May 27th. And I am planning to submit the application on May 28 with UPS (should be there on May 29). Any thoughts? I don't want t to risk it, if the law gets implemented on June 1st. I have entry-exit stamps in my passport, hopefully those will satisfy the CIC.

2. What exactly happens after I submit the application? I will be out of Canada for four months from early june to late September. Will I need to follow-up anything? I assume they wouldn't call me for citizenship test earlier than 4 months. Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks and good luck everyone.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My thoughts are that you put too much risk on your application without some buffer, considering the fact that you have been traveling the official records might be different from your personal records.

The thoughts that this law will be enforced next month seems more like unfounded paranoia.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Martin29 said:
4 months is too long under current situation.Now the processing is so fast.I think because they want to finish all 3/4 before 4/6 starts.I read recently somebody got AOR in 2 weeks.Before it was 2 to 3 months.So you may be called for test any time.Also you may get an RQ.
Cic NS is showing up signs of fast tracking, so that would certainly give a good head start... There haven't been enough signs from local offices yet... Also this rush at NS creates bottleneck at local offices due to rush of apps, and creates issues if local office is not gearing up at the same pace.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The question is why the people rushing when it's clear that nothing is coming.

The end result from that unnecessary rush might be only an increased rate of delivered RQs.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would apply if I were you at least 1 week after you fulfill the requirements.
I don't think 4 months trip is a huge problem. Just give your email so you can follow up the process through CIC website. During summer many employees take vacation so the process should slow down anyway.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mirki said:
Hi everyone,

Two questions to you:

1. I fulfill the residency requirements on May 27th. And I am planning to submit the application on May 28 with UPS (should be there on May 29). Any thoughts? I don't want t to risk it, if the law gets implemented on June 1st. I have entry-exit stamps in my passport, hopefully those will satisfy the CIC.

2. What exactly happens after I submit the application? I will be out of Canada for four months from early june to late September. Will I need to follow-up anything? I assume they wouldn't call me for citizenship test earlier than 4 months. Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks and good luck everyone.
You must inform CIC if you are going to be out of Canada longer than 2 weeks. So that they can try to avoid giving you a test during your absence.