+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your efforts, but unfortunately the real date will be set and will come out from a different place. For now we can see that it will not be before Mid-April.

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
I think we can raise our voices and can explain our personal timelines to ask if these provisions can be procrastinated to Aug or Sep, 2015 so most of the anxious PRs can apply within the old rules?

This Notice of Intent is an opportunity for the public to provide comments and input into the proposed regulatory amendments described above before the regulations are published in the Canada Gazette, Part II.

Anyone may, within 30 days of the publication of this notice, provide comments on this Notice of Intent, in writing, to the person named below at the address provided.

Questions and requests for additional information, as well as comments on this Notice of Intent, may be directed to Teny Dikranian, Director, Legislation and Program Policy, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, 180 Kent Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1, 613-991-2485 (fax), Citizenship-Citoyennete@cic.gc.ca (email).

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All the effected applicants which will be eligible to apply after Mid-April should raise their voices too.
But on the other hand there is still no cut off date... even the cut off month is not clear yet.

The idea nadeem55 is giving is very good.

This is your last chance folks.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nadeem55 said:
I think we can raise our voices and can explain our personal timelines to ask if these provisions can be procrastinated to Aug or Sep, 2015 so most of the anxious PRs can apply within the old rules?

This Notice of Intent is an opportunity for the public to provide comments and input into the proposed regulatory amendments described above before the regulations are published in the Canada Gazette, Part II.

Anyone may, within 30 days of the publication of this notice, provide comments on this Notice of Intent, in writing, to the person named below at the address provided.

Questions and requests for additional information, as well as comments on this Notice of Intent, may be directed to Teny Dikranian, Director, Legislation and Program Policy, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, 180 Kent Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1, 613-991-2485 (fax), Citizenship-Citoyennete @ cic.gc.ca (email).
MUFC said:
All the effected applicants which will be eligible to apply after Mid-April should raise their voices too.
But on the other hand there is still no cut off date... even the cut off month is not clear yet.

The idea nadeem55 is giving is very good.

This is your last chance folks.
Take me aboard . I will be qualified (basic residence 1103+1 and 1095+1 physical residence) on June 28th. If there will be any petition to be signed , I will participate and sign right away. Good idea, lets go ahead.

With respect to the cutoff date, there is a thing which I think it deserves to be raised as well, that is the CIC should consider the date of the signature on the application and not the date of receiving the application at the office in Sydney NS. This will eliminate the unfairness (because of the differences in the receiving dates) which might happen if people of the same date of eligibility but from significantly apart different places in Canada when some of them have their application gets the chance to be received in time and accepted while some other fail to have the same chance.
As an alternative , it can be suggested to have the applications be submitted at the local CIC offices ( I have not a good knowledge in this matter , so please correct me if needed)

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
oldfriend said:
Take me aboard . I will be qualified (basic residence 1103+1 and 1095+1 physical residence) on June 28th. If there will be any petition to be signed , I will participate and sign right away.

Good idea
Very Good comment Nadeem55. Lets all send in our grievances/ complains/views etc. to the provided contacts. I will be sending mine now.

Good Luck folks

kingcobra123

Nov 9, 2014
I was under impression that more or less date of June 19th is fixed, but now it looks like it could be as early as April 1, 2015 from some of the posts. I thought one of lawyer from Toronto has challenged this bill in the Apex court and unless, court gives its verdict the Govt. cannot impose the law. Is it I am missing something here, or verdict of the court is out?

I am surprised to see some guys are giving some background info (Which I believe has very valid base) on law being implemented as early as April 1st, 2015.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
The court verdict is already out. The challenge got dismissed. No changes to the law or its implementation.

kingcobra123 said:
I was under impression that more or less date of June 19th is fixed, but now it looks like it could be as early as April 1, 2015 from some of the posts. I thought one of lawyer from Toronto has challenged this bill in the Apex court and unless, court gives its verdict the Govt. cannot impose the law. Is it I am missing something here, or verdict of the court is out?

I am surprised to see some guys are giving some background info (Which I believe has very valid base) on law being implemented as early as April 1st, 2015.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Kingcobra,

where did u see April 1st. I am seeing everybody talking about
middle of April as 30 days comment period is given.

thanks,
GODHELP

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The date and the month are still fluctuating, but for sure the cut off date will not be before the middle of April.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Friends, Kindly all please email (Citizenship-Citoyennete@cic.gc.ca) comments to CIC,
to consider Application Date and not when
Packet actually reaches CIC. Factors like Bad Weather,
Delays with Couriers, Where one actually
resides etc.. add lot of complexity. Judging an
application by Application Date, whether
one meets the enforcement date or not will be more
fair to all candidates.

thanks,
GODHELP

kingcobra123

Nov 9, 2014
If the 30 days comment period is given, then I assume CIC can declare the implementation of new rules at any time after that. So earliest it could be Mid-April. However, is there any other thing that CIC is bounded by which may cause them to declare it in August/September 2015? Well many people have quoted June 19th as the date, but then this is the information from the CIC agents. And as one of us has pointed out, the information from the agents in never consistent (So how do you believe the information from CIC agents)?

In meantime looks like it could be anytime between Mid-April to September, 2015 (my guess).

systems

Nov 24, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I have been reading posts from this group and thank you everyone for sharing the info.

I am an existing PR since 2009,
but I stayed in Canada only for 2 years and 7 months. I will be eligible on Aug 20, 2015 as per 1095 physical days presence rule.
Is there any chance I can apply this year or will I have to wait one more year.

Have they confirmed the cut off date ?
Any inputs by the experts will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
systems said:
Is there any chance I can apply this year or will I have to wait one more year.
Unknown yet. Maybe. But probably not.
Also, the amount of time you'll have to wait otherwise depends on your travel history/future and may be longer.

systems said:
Have they confirmed the cut off date ?
No.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingcobra123 said:
but then this is the information from the CIC agents. And as one of us has pointed out, the information from the agents in never consistent (So how do you believe the information from CIC agents)?
Please keep in mind that the Call centre agents, are not the CIC agents, they work in a completely different departments, many times they give misleading information, for many questions.
It is not even sure where exactly is the location of the call centre.
Everything they say, can be considered only as their personal assumption and speculation. There is no way they would know such internal information. They are really low in the chain.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
I don't really understand the opposition to bill C24. Really the only major point of contention seems to be the extra year you need to be in the country for physical presence but you only need to be in Canada for 4/6 years.

I just waited 3 years 3 months and 1 week for my citizenship after applying. By that time I would have been in the country for 10 years. The reason I waited so long was because I had to travel for work and being in Canada 75% of the time (3 years out of 4) was much harder for me then being present for 4 years out of 6 (66% of the time).

What REALLY bothers me about the current system is the long waiting time for citizenship. If the new bill fixes that then I would be happy with it. What is the point of applying after 3 years only to wait another 3 for processing? This whole RQ system is also a mess. My understanding is you simply submit tax receipts with the new bill and there is no multi-step process for citizenship? Anyway just some thoughts from someone who probably hates the CIC more than most.