+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
MUFC said:
I'm also very surprised in a negative way, how the government and CIC treats the future new Canadians.
All these delays in the processing times are intentionally made.
All the massive usage of RQs were also intentionally made.
All that secrecy is also in place on purpose about the cut off date.

In general it's just like they say " Yes we need you, but somehow you are not welcome."
In the recent months I am truly amazed how badly CIC is treating all future Canadians.
There is so much accumulated moral pain in the souls of all those willing to become Canadians.

I am just a neutral observer of the overall picture, but I can admit that this game the government and CIC are playing against the people is very cruel.
There is something you can do about it. Get your citizenship. Then always go out and vote. Make sure you never vote Conservative, ever in your life. Also tell your friends and relatives how you were treated by the Conservative government. Volunteer your time or money to help ensure the Conservative party never gets to rule Canada ever again. That's democracy. That's justice.

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But sadly I think when people do get their citizenship they will forgot all about it because the situation for yourself has changed

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The general feeling is, the society in general also supports harder treatment for the new coming Canadians.
CanadianCountry yesterday made me think about that problem and I agree that there is tension between the old and the new ones.

Somehow the new ones are not so welcomed anymore not only from the government, but from the society too.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
pl840502 said:
But sadly I think when people do get their citizenship they will forgot all about it because the situation for yourself has changed
"He who forgets the past is doomed to repeat it."

You must never forget that these people wanted to deprive you of your most basic human right: the right to vote! Every time you are about to cast your ballot you should stop for a moment and think: you are there despite of the Conservative Party.
Here is the list of MPs and how they voted for Bill C24: http://openparliament.ca/votes/41-2/210/ the first thing to do when you get your citizenship is to email your MP. If they voted against Bill C24, then thank them for it, express your support and appreciation for welcoming you to the Canadian family. If they voted in favor or didn't vote, then let them know you fought for your rights and won anyway! They made it so much harder for you to exercise your democratic right to vote, but they failed. You are a citizen now, and they have lost a vote. If enough people do this, then justice will prevail. Respect for the hard work of immigrants and foreign workers will be restored.

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will! If I get it in time, or even if I can get it at all. I can apply in early May, may just make the cut off or may not judging by the announcement today...

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
@MUFC,
Its good to see that atleast some people are comng out and saying openly their thoughts about the unwelcoming attitudes of general public and the govt.

One generic question to all:
I have read on this forum that people responding to RQs end up supplying thousands of paperload. Is that something common that so many of these document are needed?

Is it common with other G-8 or OECD countries as well. Do they also require so much paperwork?

MUFC said:
The general feeling is, the society in general also supports harder treatment for the new coming Canadians.
CanadianCountry yesterday made me think about that problem and I agree that there is tension between the old and the new ones.

Somehow the new ones are not so welcomed anymore not only from the government, but from the society too.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If CIC wants the extra pounds of paper for their RQ story for genuine purposes only... well for me that's means that in practise CIC doesn't have any resources to check whether the applicants have been really physically here. It seems that the agents doesn't actually have a lot of work to do on a files.

On the other hand if CIC have enough resources to check whether an applicant have been here physically , that means the RQ story is deliberately put in place to slow down the process and to intimidate on purpose the applicants.

The process in the other developed countries is fast and easygoing, in most of the countries the process is done in a matter of couple of weeks. I've never heard something similar to the RQ story in the other countries with such devastating processing times.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prospective Canuck said:
Thank you Oh Canadiana

The statutory (official) definition of physical presence, in terms of days, does differ from the way
the residency calculator has been programmed.
Keep in mind that Canadian system is based on English Common Law (except Québec) so historical rulings shape the interpretation and implementation of a specific article. In essence, case law is part of the law itself.

So, let me just emphasize further:

dpenabill said:
And, it warrants emphasizing that any effort to force a calculation differently than CIC does it, is foremost likely to drag the process into the mire of residency case processing, and secondly is likely to be rejected by CIC.
and add that any appeal would likely be quite lengthy. So, you need to decide what makes the most sense for your case.

Mar 13, 2015
Thank you, Oh Canadiana and dpenabill, for your thoughtful insights, and valuable information. I introduced this tangential issue, for those "cuspliccants" who may be victimised by Ye Olde perfunctory Residence Calculator, which has not been calibrated to synchronise with the reality of unambiguous statutory authority.

Apparently, Cendrillon lost more than her coach at the stroke of midnight, for she had returned to Canada at 00h10!. Thus, in the most impeccable illogic, may well have lost that day of physical presence, upon which she was counting, being a “PR on-the-cusp”. Then again, moreso than Cendrillon, the uncertainties engendered by the final act of C-24 is more reminiscent of the maddening illogic of Alice in Wonderland, seasoned with the surrealism of a Luis Buñuel film.

Perhaps in its decision not to announce the effective day of the new residency requirement of C-24, the CIC is merely testing the mettle of applicants, the vast majority of whom have, in the best of faith, chosen this great country, as their own, have painstakingly adhered to all the rules, and understandably yearn for the official recognition of citizenship.

As a wise guy once quipped “(Canadian) citizenship is neither a right, nor a privilege, but rather a right to a privilege”.

Cheers!

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
MUFC said:

am I a citizen of this country,when I become a citizen,YES!
do I speak the languages people speak? can we communicate? do I get a job ? YES
am I facing discrimination because of my appearance or name or etc.? YES
do some people not want to talk to me and be friends? YES

but I don`t care if xxx doesn`t like me or the current government does not like me since I am here and part of this country.
If there is separation in the society,too bad.I`ll have better education and more knowledge,work harder,and fight with the unfairness.

people don`t give me a job because I`m xxx,too bad.I`ll found a company,or work for the rival company.
xxx does not like me,too bad.One day they may have to work with me and face the reality.

To all canadian citizens,born outside canada, and PRs,
Do not even underestimate your abilities or value in this society because you were not born here or do not have the same skin colour with the majority of people.

Work harder,be kinder,be smarter,trust yourself.Move FORWARD.This is how the winning is done.Not by saying Hey! but I was born here,and english is my first language.Play your cards smart,because there is always going to be one person trying to bring you down in this society,especially from one of those imperialist countries.

thanks friends.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Hello Friends,

I read the 'March 14 issue of the Gazette' where they have
given 30 days open comment period. Is it safe to say the new residency
requirements wont come into play on April 1st.

Thanks,
GODHELP

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The way I understand it is that it could be effective anytime after the middle of April, because this might be the actual notice everyone was waiting for to see.
But on the other hand this might be just another step before the implementation which might be practically in April, May, June or July.

The sense is that they are ready to implement it soon, but it will be for sure not before 15th of April.

The question is can we accept this as the notice or it's just an intermediary procedure, or should we wait any upcoming notices after this one?... if there is any notices after this one...?

Please don't waste your time calling the call agents... they don't know for sure.

It seem we have to read between the lines.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
godhelp said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks,
GODHELP
It is very likely safe to conclude from the March 14 notice, of planned amendments to the citizenship regulations, that the revised residency provisions will not come into force before mid-April.

After that it is increasingly a roll of the dice, at least for now, at least until there is more information.

That said, I would be very, very surprised if it happens before May 1st, and that it is as of May 1st that forecasting the coming into force date really becomes a roll of the dice.

But of course none of us here knows. And there is no law, no legal prohibition, that would preclude the Governor in Council from ordering the revised residency provisions to come into force any day (it is just the CIC would not be prepared to properly process applications made as of the date they come into force until after these amended regulations are registered and effective).

It is unlikely that anyone at CIC who would talk about it actually knows the actual date.

Given the recent two proposals to add or amend regulations, however, I am guessing that the circle of those who do know has increased. And there are probably many within CIC who can make a rather well-informed guess. I doubt they will be divulging what they know or what their guess is.

Still waiting and watching . . .

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
godhelp said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks,
GODHELP
It appears to me that this is a procedural process. Not only that, it appears that the timing of this 30 day notice in the gazette for public input at this time seems make the June/July implementation schedule process on time. They will need some time after the 30 day notice to go over any submitted comments/input/etc before go ahead with next stage. Had this 30 day notice been made in June, I would suspect that the implementation date would likely be delayed as the notice came pretty late. Since the notice has been made now, the likelihood that the deadline would not be delayed.

I would be very surprised if the implementation date came earlier than June. But if it did came early, however unlikely, it would goes to show that the implementation date didn't get delayed beyond the June/July timeframe.

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
Hi,

I called CIC on Friday and Today. Got two different agents and they both said they have the date confirmed with them and it's June 19th. So the residence requirements are going to be implemented on June 19th.(according to the agents).

Hope this helps.