Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ozzymechanic said:
Just spoke with CIC again as I haven't had an email for PPR, they advised that a letter has been posted to me, could this be landing papers without having to send in our passports?
Hey Ozzymechanic
Can I ask which country are you from? Cos the only ones who will receive landing paper without PPR is if you are from a country that does not required a visa to enter Canada .... cos my country also does not need a visa to enter Canada so I feel anxious cos lately so many people have received PPR but nothing has changed in my MY CIC or ECAS so far :(

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
hope for the best said:
Hey Ozzymechanic
Can I ask which country are you from? Cos the only ones who will receive landing paper without PPR is if you are from a country that does not required a visa to enter Canada .... cos my country also does not need a visa to enter Canada so I feel anxious cos lately so many people have received PPR but nothing has changed in my MY CIC or ECAS so far :(
Take ppr with or without needing visa

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bud_weiser said:
Take ppr with or without needing visa
Sorry bud_weiser .. I am not sure what did you mean
If the country a person is from does not need a visa to enter Canada then that person won't receive any PPR cos he/she does not need to send the passport to CIC to do any processing .... so instead of PPR that that person will get landing paper directly

That been said .... I have a best example which is my friend who recently got her Landing Paper and she never needs to send her passport to Ottawa cos she is originally from Hong Kong. And for Hong Kong citizen they don't need to apply a visa to enter Canada.

wyueshen

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-05-2015
Passport Req..
14-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
How about people who applied within Canada but originally from a non-visa excempt country? Do they receive landing paper directly or have to submit their passport as well?

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wyueshen said:
How about people who applied within Canada but originally from a non-visa excempt country? Do they receive landing paper directly or have to submit their passport as well?
As for as I know if the country you are from that needs to apply a visa to enter Canada then you will receive a Passport Request first cos Ottawa needs to get your passport and issue you a visa for it ....

narby

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
wyueshen said:
CIC sends us just a landing paper. I do not need visa to come to Canada. CIC asks us biodata instead of ppr. We do not send our passport to Ottawa.

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narby said:
CIC sends us just a landing paper. I do not need visa to come to Canada. CIC asks us biodata instead of ppr. We do not send our passport to Ottawa.
Thank you Narby ... you answered my question :)

So may I ask what is biodata?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
bud_weiser said:
Hey buddies got my PPR today yippeeeeeeee
Congrats! I realize you're probably a bit busy celebrating right now, but when you have time, please look into my previous question about the "Due date". :)

mojo

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24th
Nomination.....
March27th
AOR Received.
April 25th
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
GUYS , When there is an update on your application do you get an e-mail ? or do you have to log in like every day ?

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
Ozzymechanic said:
Did that come via email?
Yup weird my Ecas changed to in process the morning 4 hours later ppr on Mycic I'm sending my passports off today

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
fl_pie said:
Ah, I see. IIRC, there must be a field called "Due date" or something like that, maybe you could post this field alone? That's what I was curious about the most, and if I understand correctly, there's no personal info in it, right?
I can't find that. There is all programs info so FSW,pnp,Cec,fst so they run all info against all programs to see the best Match from there all your personal info on the EE profile with notes, security that they run and share status with USA then medical and all kids and wife its 150 pages

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Got the first... anything at all in months from CIC today. One of those phantom update emails where you check and nothing has been updated.

Any of you old hands spotted any correlation between the phantom emails and any kind of change or progress?

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hulahoop said:
Got the first... anything at all in months from CIC today. One of those phantom update emails where you check and nothing has been updated.

Any of you old hands spotted any correlation between the phantom emails and any kind of change or progress?
I got it around 2 weeks ago and nothing changed.
what's your status now?