+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Profile Spouse or without spouse

sanjitpandey

Jan 28, 2015
Hi

My spouse do not have Education evaluation WES also dont appear IELTS. So Can I create EE profile without spouse(which score more).

IF I create without spouse, is my spouse still eligible for PR or do I need to apply later separately.

Thanks

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
You can create ur profile without her IELTS and ECA but don't even think of creating without her. If you declae urself as single while creating ur profile (though u are married) you are providing false info to CIC.

sanjitpandey

Jan 28, 2015
Yes ofcourse I will fill out the spouse and children column.
But my question is are they still consider for the PR or do I need to apply dependent pass later for them.

fbdtotnt

Feb 3, 2015
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
On similar lines :
Can you someone please advice if it is mandatory to apply with spouse for a married person?
I am married but my wife doesn't want to apply for PR/dependant, can I claim points under "without a spouse" category? Ofcourse I am going to say I am married and have children while applying for EE.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
sanjitpandey said:
Yes ofcourse I will fill out the spouse and children column.
But my question is are they still consider for the PR or do I need to apply dependent pass later for them.
fbdtotnt said:
On similar lines :
Can you someone please advice if it is mandatory to apply with spouse for a married person?
I am married but my wife doesn't want to apply for PR/dependant, can I claim points under "without a spouse" category? Ofcourse I am going to say I am married and have children while applying for EE.
It is mandatory to apply with the spouse. The only choice is to whether include her/him as accompanying or non-accompanying.

If you do not include your spouse as accompanying in the express entry form, then:

1) You cannot claim points from the spouse.
2) Your spouse will not get PR with you. You will need to separately sponsor her/him through family class after you are settled in Canada.
3) your spouse will still need to provide all the required documents and go through security/background/medical checks even if they are not listed as non-accompanying.
4) Yes, you can claim points in the "without the spouse" category, but this might not be an advantage considering the above points.

kusrbo

Feb 2, 2017
I had this question aswell..
I am a married person and applied for express entry.
I declared I am married and produced my spouse details and she is not going to accompany me.. this increased my CRS score..the other way
I declared I am married and produced my spouse details and she is accompanying me scored me less CRS score.

So in this scenario will it benefit if my spouse is not accompanying me initially which gives me better score and once ITA is received settle down there and later sponsor visa for spouse?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
It depends on your priorities.

1. You want to get to Canada asap so you enter the pool as married with a non accompanying spouse. You get higher points, get your PR, go to Canada and sponsor your spouse. Your spouse will still have to do medical and get PCC whether they accompany you or not.
Time take: Time in the pool before getting ITA + time taken to submit eAPR + PR processing time + time to get a job to sponsor your spouse + 1 year spouse sponsorship processing time. You will be living away from your spouse from the time to land until the time your spouse enters.

2. You are okay waiting a little longer for ITA. You enter the pool with a lower score with an accompanying spouse.
Time taken: Time in the pool before getting ITA + time taken to submit eAPR + PR processing time. You and your spouse will be together.

millerbai

Jun 5, 2016
Hi, What if spouse was currently living in Canada with the candidate, and does "not accompany" make sense to CIC officer?

Reactions: Mjkab

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You folks should be thought about this before getting married :D :D :D

You can keep you Spouse as Non Accompanying ... but even in this case you have get Medicals and Police Clearance Certificate of your Spouse. I dont think Keeping Spouse Accompanying vs Non Accompanying change CRS score except that the funds now you need to show would be for one person vs two.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ayam93 said:
You folks should be thought about this before getting married :D :D :D

You can keep you Spouse as Non Accompanying ... but even in this case you have get Medicals and Police Clearance Certificate of your Spouse. I dont think Keeping Spouse Accompanying vs Non Accompanying change CRS score except that the funds now you need to show would be for one person vs two.
What.

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We tried this for one of my colleague using CRS calculator where my colleague wants to knows the impact of spouse coming to Canada and not coming to Canada with him and we didnt see any difference in the score; so i was under impression that it doesnt impact CRS score. Was we wrong and application type and details matter if accompanying spouse vs non accompanying can change the CRS score ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ayam93 said:
We tried this for one of my colleague using CRS calculator where my colleague wants to knows the impact of spouse coming to Canada and not coming to Canada with him and we didnt see any difference in the score; so i was under impression that it doesnt impact CRS score. Was we wrong and application type and details matter if accompanying spouse vs non accompanying can change the CRS score ?
It can have a huge impact on the CRS score.

Why do you think so many applicants decide to add their spouse as non-accompanying? It is simply because if they were to add them as accompanying their score would decrease by a huge margin and that would unable them to obtain an ITA. That's why they decide to get their PR first and then sponsor their spouse afterwards.

A friend of mine had a score of 440 with his spouse and around 470+ when adding him as non-accompanying.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My adding my spouse, I get 1 point less than not adding my spouse. It's easier to do it now as I will have to do her medical and PCC anyway.