+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Processing Time Calculator & General Statistics

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also in a similar status.. didn't follow ECAS as hence unable to find whether status has changed. any suggestion will be helpful.

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Hi guys.
Do you by any chance know the answer to this question?
I have sent an application which didn't have my dependant's PCC. I included all the documents showing that I will send it in mid October and in the explanation letter, I asked them for some more time to send it to them.

I submitted my application on 12th of September. I received AOR on 13th. And so far no update on our medicals. Although we both did our meds in early August.

Do you think that the delay may be because they want to reject us for incompleteness?

Do you know if they first check meds and then, completeness or the vice versa? Do they reject for incompleteness before they even check medicals?

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
tidelander said:
Thank you for the input.
You see, I am a report developer. I work with finalized datasets. I have no experience in data harvesting so I don't really know what is the most efficient way to collect data. Your idea of adding a form sounds good to me. However, I do need some control over what other users will post to avoid data issues and keep the spreadsheet clean. But I do not know how to add this form. If you know how to do this could you maybe PM me and we could discuss it in more details?

I think we already have it. Take a look at General Statistics, Processing Time Distribution graph (second from the top).

I would like to meet other PR applicants. What attracts me is not the idea of free beer :) but an opportunity to complain about CIC :)

Hi Tidelander,

Really amazing job developing this calculator. I am just curious to know, how accurate has this calculator been for most people?

rdktr

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-08-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
tidelander, Thank you very much. It brings hope!

Hello everyone! It's been said that the time between 1st "In Process" and 2nd "In Process" in ECAS means that my case still hasn't started being processed, right? Does it mean that the case has just been lying somewhere for 3-4 months till now and waiting for an officer to change the status to "Documents received" and 2nd "In Process" and start to check the papers?

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
2173 Software engineers and designers
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/2016 (Not exact for security)
LANDED..........
07/2016 (Not exact for security)
anarsoul said:
Well, then I can buy you a beer :) I'm in Vancouver as well
Hey tidelander, I'll buy you a beer too! Maybe even two, as I'm planning to move to Vancouver, so visa dependant and all that, so my beer will be a little in the waiting.
This is a fantastic tool though! Do you need some help on this? I'm a front end web developer, so happy to help out if you have a git repo for your code?

If you don't mind feedback, maybe one thing I would add is to tweak the wording and reporting the Worst case scenario as the 6 month from application date OR the longest application processing date to date, whichever is longest. I take it you are currently using the longest processing time submitted into the tool as the worst case scenario?

Makes sense, but when people see a tool like this, and the way you have reported it, it might give them false hope. I'm not saying don't display it, but just add in a 4th predicated date, being the 6 month CIC prediction. Means people can be reminded it MAY take that long too. Or as it grows, it could be more.

I looked at CIC's wording carefully, and they don't guarantee 6 months. They say majority of applications within 6 months. I'm sure this is just to cover from a legal perspective, but if EE takes off, it 'could' take longer. Unless they were sensible and trim down accordingly the number of selections/ITA's given to ensure they always process within 6 months. Oh btw, on that note, maybe put up a disclaimer to cover yourself saying this is not a guarantee, etc etc, your own risk. and all that.

Don't take this negative, im just always cautious :p YOU'VE DONE FANTASTIC WORK!

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
tidelander said:
Express Entry has been out for 9 months already but there is still no detailed statistics available on it. I used data inputs from users of this forum and came up with 2 dashboards:
1. EE Processing Time Calculator.
How to use it. There are 3 parameters at the top. Pick category that you have applied under, current status of your application and date when your application moved to this status. The report will calculate how much time you have to wait before PPR. It also provides processing times distribution for other users who were with same status and how much they had to wait. There is also rejection summary in the end.
2. General statistics.
This dashboard has one parameter in the left upper corner (you can pick Category). First graph shows # Decisions per day. Note that it says Decisions and not PPR because decision can be negative (rejection) or positive (PPR). First graph (and other ones on this dashboard) include rejected cases.
Second graph Processing Time Distribution shows how Min/Avg/Max processing time has changed in the course of the year.

Here are some quick conclusions from the reports:
1. FSWP is the most popular category. However, it seemed like people who applied from outside of Canada got their cases processed faster than the people who apply from inside. So I separated FSWP applicants into FSWP Inside and FSWP Outside. Dashboard confirms that outsiders get their cases processed faster than insiders by approximately 25 days.
2. There were some lucky applicants in May and June who got their cases processed fast but in latest months July and August we see that processing time increased significantly for all categories. The reason might be that CIC is now backlogged with new EE applications and processing time might be increasing for next several months. However,
3. All of the cases are processed within advertised 180 days.
4. Chances of rejection decrease significantly once application goes ECAS In Process.
5. FST and PNP are not popular with EE. So unpopular that there is just not enough data to plot on both dashboards. So I had to remove PNP and FST from the reports. It actually would be nice if someone went through the forum threads and gathered more data for processing times. I've already spent around 20 hours on developing the dashboards and collecting data and I am already sick from scanning dozens of pages on the forum and reading other people profiles. More about how you can help to improve these reports below.

About the dataset itself.

I took March and April applicants spreadsheets from the forum and combined them together. Also I went through Rejections thread to collect more info on cases that were rejected.
The final spreadsheet has around 150 rows (cases) and contains only applicants who a) received PPR; b) were rejected.
People who have not received decision on their case are not included in the dataset.

How can you help to improve the dashboards?

1. Play with the reports and tell me what else would you like to see. What kind of reports is community looking for? I will develop them.
2. The main problem with the dataset is that there is not enough data. It would be nice if someone could go through May, June, July ... threads and collect data there. Here is the Excel file that is used as a source for the reports. Go download it, fill more data in, and send me. I will add new rows into the report.
Very useful. Good job!!

andreyx108

Sep 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool! reports!

Guys are there any tracking spreadsheets for Express Entry? Caan you advise please?

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Estimating approval time

This is my status as of Sep 29 2015. I received AOR on May 14 2015. My CAS says "in Progress".

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
A final decision has been reached Not Started

Can anyone comment on how soon I can expect my approval of the application?

jaimerever

Jun 4, 2015
I've got almost the same profile info as yours except that for bkgd check my status is "not needed at this time". My AOR was in May and I've seen my profile changed to "open" again and I suspect my case has been reviewed. Up till now there's no update at all. I do hope I'll hear from them in mid-Oct. Not sure what I can do afterwards.... :-X

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Re: Estimating approval time

dextrousud,

I wouldnt hope too much for a reply. I mean come on, tidelander put all that effort into making a tool, the least you can do is try to use it if you want that info. Don't expect someone to do it all for you. With the info you gave, you can enter it into the tool.

But, noone can tell you exact figures, and the tool is only an estimate. Remember the data set the tool is based on is not that big. So if people want it to be more accurate, try to help tidelander by collecting more info. Me and tidelander plan to scour the forum for more data at some point, but im very busy right now, so I can't commit too much time right now. But if everyone chips in it would help a lot.

dextrousud said:
This is my status as of Sep 29 2015. I received AOR on May 14 2015. My CAS says "in Progress".

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
A final decision has been reached Not Started

Can anyone comment on how soon I can expect my approval of the application?

Jawad Talib

Sep 30, 2015
Dear All,

Hope anybody can advise me on below:

I have secured 461 points under EE and very much likely to receive an ITA in next draw. On September 28, I also received PNP notification from Ontario. They are asking me to pay 1500$ to process my case quickly under PNP program.

1. My question, do I need to pay the regular federal immigration fee around 2300$ (since I have 3 dependants) as well, after I pay 1500$ for PNP?
2. Should I go for PNP, as I plan to move to Canada in June in any case?
3. Is there any other benefit, other than fast processing, if I opt to pay 1500$ for PNP?

Thanks in advance.

Jawad

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Jawad,

With that score, most probably, you should get an ITA within the next draw or 2... so any money spent on OOPNP will be a waste...
1 - OOPNP takes 90 days on average
2 - If you get the ITA (which is HIGHLY likely with 461), then there will be no advantage whatsoever of the OOPNP
3 - You will not get refund
4 - The chances of actually getting the nomination are very low right now as they choose a selected number of candidates only out of all those who pay for it...and I understand that they are nearing the limits set for this year... you have a much higher chance of a direct ITA than the PNP...

all in all, in your case, it will be more practical to wait a bit...
Either way, I think you have 30 days or so to accept the PNP nomination... so I suggest wait it out for 2 draws... unless there is a sudden drastic increase in CRS points, you should get an ITA without bothering with OOPNP...
Instead, I would suggest to start collecting the documents required that you will need to submit after ITA...

Also, the $1500 you pay for PNP will be in addition to any other costs for the EE application...and it is non-refundable.. (the EE costs will be for the initial application fees plus the PR fees.. should be more than $2300 I believe if you have 3 dependents, though you only need to pay the initial fees first and can choose to pay for PR later, when application is approved)
Goodluck

SahmadK

Oct 1, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27 March 2017
Med's Done....
26 march 2017

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Some good solid clear advice there EFK.

How can I +1 you etc to give you credit for a good answer? Does this forum support that? I noticed a "rating" count under usernames on the left of the screen...

EFK said:
Hi Jawad,

With that score, most probably, you should get an ITA within the next draw or 2... so any money spent on OOPNP will be a waste...
1 - OOPNP takes 90 days on average
2 - If you get the ITA (which is HIGHLY likely with 461), then there will be no advantage whatsoever of the OOPNP
3 - You will not get refund
4 - The chances of actually getting the nomination are very low right now as they choose a selected number of candidates only out of all those who pay for it...and I understand that they are nearing the limits set for this year... you have a much higher chance of a direct ITA than the PNP...

all in all, in your case, it will be more practical to wait a bit...
Either way, I think you have 30 days or so to accept the PNP nomination... so I suggest wait it out for 2 draws... unless there is a sudden drastic increase in CRS points, you should get an ITA without bothering with OOPNP...
Instead, I would suggest to start collecting the documents required that you will need to submit after ITA...

Also, the $1500 you pay for PNP will be in addition to any other costs for the EE application...and it is non-refundable.. (the EE costs will be for the initial application fees plus the PR fees.. should be more than $2300 I believe if you have 3 dependents, though you only need to pay the initial fees first and can choose to pay for PR later, when application is approved)
Goodluck

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot redfox.. Yes I believe if you click on "good" under the username, then it increases the positive rating..
Hope this helps people.