+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE ineligible

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
So we have just tried to register and create a profile for EE
WE are in Alberta already as hubby has a 2 year Lmia with work permit as a long haul truck driver
He has prior experienc as a police officer (14 years) and based the application on this (Noc 4311 ... Skill level B)
He has only got high school education
We are bringing just under $200000 from the sale of out house
His IELTS score were all 9 except writing which was 6.5 (he writes like he is filing reports )
Having submitted the profile we had a message back instantly saying ineligible for EE
Does anyone know why it would be declined so quickly ? Is it because he has only high school education ?
Thank you

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Re: EE refused?

Oh and we didn't get a points score as it states we are ineligible so we don't even know where we can try to improve ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He probably doesn't have at least 67 points under the Federal Skilled Worker system. Without having at least 67 points, it's an automatic refusal. Yes - it's probably his education that's preventing him from reaching 67 points.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can he work year and then apply again?

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
You can calculate your points and if you have 67 or over, try the process again, and be sure you have answered all questions correctly. Alternatively, if you have qualifying work experience, you can try and go as the principal applicant.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Kate8kate0 said:
So we have just tried to register and create a profile for EE
WE are in Alberta already as hubby has a 2 year Lmia with work permit as a long haul truck driver
He has prior experienc as a police officer (14 years) and based the application on this (Noc 4311 ... Skill level B)
He has only got high school education
We are bringing just under $200000 from the sale of out house
His IELTS score were all 9 except writing which was 6.5 (he writes like he is filing reports )
Having submitted the profile we had a message back instantly saying ineligible for EE
Does anyone know why it would be declined so quickly ? Is it because he has only high school education ?
Thank you
I think he has enough points (67). After filling all information, did you save it before you submitted the application? I know one applicant faced this type problem, he submitted application without saving the forms.

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Thankyou for your replies :)
I think we will review the application and make sure it's all saved before submitting
Fingers crossed and thanks again

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Could I ask you to be kind enough to explain the 67 pass mark, is it because he is in a low skilled job here ? He has a 2 year Lmia which I thought was worth 600 points
Just re submitting to forms again but I think they are exactly the same (I don't think we made any mistakes the first time round)
Thank you so much for taking the time it's much appreciated

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
bellaluna said:
I on the other hand think it may not reach the 67 pass mark, depending on his age. IMO, he may have to retake the IELTS to bring up the Writing score, or you may have to take the IELTS too to add 5 adaptability points.
Having resubmitted the forms I am again ineligible ?
I used the points calculator here.... http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html
And got 829 points ? Feeling very confused and a bit fed up ! ??? ???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kate8kate0 said:
Having resubmitted the forms I am again ineligible ?
I used the points calculator here.... http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html
And got 829 points ? Feeling very confused and a bit fed up ! ??? ???
That doesn't look right. You can't claim points for the job offer because it's a NOC C job. So hopefully you are not checking "yes" to that. In order to get job offer points, you would have to have a permanent job offer (with LMIA) for a NOC A, B or 0 level job.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Really sorry. I think my last post is wrong, scylla clarified and pointed out, your husband's job is NOC C.

NOC C is not covered by Express Entry, that's why the profile is ineligible.

Per the CIC link below, your husband should apply through a provincial nominee program.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
He's actually basing the application on his police police officer experience which is noc B (4311) I guess having no police experience in Canada is to his demerit and the fact the Lmia and work permit is for trucking leaves us struggling with ainp again
Oh well it was worth a try and thanks for your assistance everyone it's very much appreciated

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
2173 Software engineers and designers
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/2016 (Not exact for security)
LANDED..........
07/2016 (Not exact for security)
Kate8kate0 said:
Could I ask you to be kind enough to explain the 67 pass mark, is it because he is in a low skilled job here ? He has a 2 year Lmia which I thought was worth 600 points
Just re submitting to forms again but I think they are exactly the same (I don't think we made any mistakes the first time round)
Thank you so much for taking the time it's much appreciated
I think your question has been answered now, but just to tie up the loose end around something you said. You asked for someone to clarify the 67 point pass mark.
They were referring to the Federal Skilled Worker Programme (FSWP), which has a 67 point minimum. Express Entry is just the first stage/method which now goes before several of the older visa programmes (not all of them though!). Its confusing as you need a certain number of points for Express Entry, but this is a different score count to the actual scores you need for the actual visa programme that you want to apply to THROUGH Express Entry.

So what they were saying about the 67 points is that the FSWP needs 67 points, so if you dont have 67 points, the Express Entry will error, as it thinks there is no point going further if the programme you want wont let you in below 67 points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

CIC assesses federal skilled worker applications based on six selection factors.
If you score 67 points or higher (out of 100), you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.
If you score lower than the pass mark of 67 points, you will not qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.
But this is just for one of the visa programmes that fall under / or don't fall under Express Entry. There are many others. Reading the other posts might give you more advice. This was just to clear up the 67 points part of it.