+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Applicants with score 400 to 450 let's connect here

ahmedhere

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Hey guys, I have a question, how do you apply to a specific province program? don't you have to receive a letter of interest from them at first after u have created your EE profile? or you just apply on your own?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
ahmedhere said:
Hey guys, I have a question, how do you apply to a specific province program? don't you have to receive a letter of interest from them at first after u have created your EE profile? or you just apply on your own?
You can apply on your own.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
1. Either to challenge this decision with a secondary review - only if you think that this current decision has been unfair.
How can this be done? I mean...how can I ask for secondary review?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DiNaV said:
You can apply on your own.
ahmedhere said:
You cannot apply to OINP on your own. You can only apply if OINP has sent a PT NOI.

Check this thread -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DiNaV said:
Thanks Raj.

1) Does this same calculation apply to SINP too?

I would think so. Yes.

2) If yes, then my working hours are 48hrs per week and I have been working since Feb 2013 - till date in NOC 2171, so how much years of experience I should consider for myself, based on their calculation of 30 hrs per week = 1 year?

You have 3 years and 9 months of experience (45 months). You cannot add up extra hours (beyond 30 hours) to compensate for the pending months. I've explained it here -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg5592559#msg5592559

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Yes Raj, thanks once again. I checked your reply on other thread.

pratikt9

Jan 20, 2016
ahmedhere said:
answer to your question varies from which Province you are planning to apply. AS for Ontario, you need them to send you an Invitation, however, in monitoba, SNIP, Alberta & BC you meet their criteria you can apply directly no need to wait. NS & NB is not giving PNP as of now. So check & apply accordingly based on what NOC you have and what are their criteria.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Experts,

I need one favour.

NOC 2171 roles & responsibilites

Job 1

•Identified requirements and established personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
•Arranged project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
•Programmed the computer by encoding project requirements in computer language; entering coded information into the computer.
•Developed and maintained applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
•Confirmed program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
•Maintained computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.

Job 2

·Confer with clients to identify and document requirements, analyze business needs, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions.
·Converts project specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps the program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
·Create documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
·Prepare manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
·Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products.
·Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems.
·Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language to ensure programs and applications perform to specification.
·Writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards.
· Provide technical assistance to program users.

CAN YOU CHECK THESE AND LET ME KNOW IF THEY ARE MATCHING TO MY NOC OR SHOULD I ADD/REMOVE SOME POINTS? Are these correct? It seems like they didnt consider my Job 1 responsibilities matching to NOC 2171. So now that I have to reapply in next intake, I want to make sure that I put in correct responsibilities that would match the NOC 2171. Please help and guide.

Thanks.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
DiNaV said:
Experts,

I need one favour.

Job 1

•Identified requirements and established personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
•Arranged project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
•Programmed the computer by encoding project requirements in computer language; entering coded information into the computer.
•Developed and maintained applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
•Confirmed program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
•Maintained computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.

Job 2

·Confer with clients to identify and document requirements, analyze business needs, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions.
·Converts project specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps the program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
·Create documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
·Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products.
·Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language to ensure programs and applications perform to specification.
·Writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards.

CAN YOU CHECK THESE AND LET ME KNOW IF THEY ARE MATCHING TO MY NOC OR SHOULD I ADD/REMOVE SOME POINTS? Are these correct? It seems like they didnt consider my Job 1 responsibilities matching to NOC 2171. So now that I have to reapply in next intake, I want to make sure that I put in correct responsibilities that would match the NOC 2171. Please help and guide.

Thanks.
Look up the duties for 2171 and match them.

I separated out the noc code requirements line by line and wrote at least two duties that fit under them, in order to make it clear for the officer.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
kryt0n said:
Look up the duties for 2171 and match them.

I separated out the noc code requirements line by line and wrote at least two duties that fit under them, in order to make it clear for the officer.
I had referred this site. However, I did not mention the same duties in both jobs as I thought that would not be correct.

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2171&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DiNaV said:
Experts,

I need one favour.

Job 1

Job 2

Thanks.
I would see this more like 2174, I see there rather lot of programming notions and system security is missing there. 2171, does not include much of the programming itself.
But that is just my opinion.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
DiNaV said:
I had referred this site. However, I did not mention the same duties in both jobs as I thought that would not be correct.

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2171&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4
So both jobs were the same noc code? Well it's hard to make them similar without looking dodgy, but try and word them well and make them specific. If it was a project you were working on, name the project (if you can) or the other teams names you worked with.

Try and expand enough to make them specific; use management 'fluff' words.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
vensak said:
I would see this more like 2174, I see there rather lot of programming notions and system security is missing there. 2171, does not include much of the programming itself.
But that is just my opinion.
You are correct. The reason they gave to make my application ineligible was the same one as quoted by you above..."I would see this more like 2174," Therefore, I am taking suggestions here on forum to modify these duties in my new application. Can you suggest which ones should I remove?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
kryt0n said:
So both jobs were the same noc code?
Well, yes and thats the noc I want to claim points for.

Well it's hard to make them similar without looking dodgy, but try and word them well and make them specific. If it was a project you were working on, name the project (if you can) or the other teams names you worked with.

Try and expand enough to make them specific; use management 'fluff' words.
So which ones should I remove?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Well don't remove any, but word them to more closely match the noc. 2171 is about a person coming in, looking at an existing or planning a system, gathering research as to what or how to implement, planning, designing, advising, maybe creating, providing aftercare and documentation...

Make those points specific to your job and go for it. Alternatively, change the noc code so it matches better.