+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Applicants with score 400 to 450 let's connect here

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
ahmedhere said:
So they skipped non-PNP this cycle or what?
Yes, only people with PNP were invited this round. They won't do a regular draw until they fix their technical problems.

Results: Rounds of invitations

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – November 30, 2016

Provincial Nominee Program

See full text of Ministerial Instruction
Number of invitations issued CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited
559 786 points
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp

ahmedhere

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
moelaghil said:
Yes, only people with PNP were invited this round. They won't do a regular draw until they fix their technical problems.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp
Oh OK, well I hope they fix it soon, thank you

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi guys,
I missed my middle name while applying in express entry.
I have withdrawn my profile as there was no way to add my middle name in it.
Now I am applying again and it asks if I have applied in EE before.
Do I say Yes or No?
It also asks if I have a Unique Identification number.
What is that?
Please reply to this asap
Thanks in advance

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
JattTinka said:
Hi guys,
I missed my middle name while applying in express entry.
I have withdrawn my profile as there was no way to add my middle name in it.
Now I am applying again and it asks if I have applied in EE before.
Do I say Yes or No?
It also asks if I have a Unique Identification number.
What is that?
Please reply to this asap
Thanks in advance
Kindly answer "No" to this question since you have not submitted your PR application before. Then create your new EE profile.

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
Kindly answer "No" to this question since you have not submitted your PR application before. Then create your new EE profile.
Hi guys, can others please clarify whether this is correct? I withdrew my EE profile a few weeks back and created another profile to extend my expiry. For the question "have you previously applied to EE" I said yes, as my assumption was that this is asking whether I have been in the EE pool before.

Should I answer yes to this only if I have received an ITA previously and applied for PR?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
skantzidis said:
Hi guys, can others please clarify whether this is correct? I withdrew my EE profile a few weeks back and created another profile to extend my expiry. For the question "have you previously applied to EE" I said yes, as my assumption was that this is asking whether I have been in the EE pool before.

Should I answer yes to this only if I have received an ITA previously and applied for PR?
Do you think that others will answer something different than what I said???

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
Do you think that others will answer something different than what I said???
I interpreted the question differently to you, so it would be nice to get some further opinions. IMO "applying to EE" means applying to the pool - and not applying for PR after an ITA. Have I misinterpreted the question?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
skantzidis said:
I interpreted the question differently to you, so it would be nice to get some further opinions. IMO "applying to EE" means applying to the pool - and not applying for PR after an ITA. Have I misinterpreted the question?
Yes, you have misinterpreted the question. Actually, this is one question where many people get stuck since the wordings are misleading. You are not at fault. This question has been asked and answered a hundred times before on this forum.
Hence I just repeated the answer for you.
Just say "No" and continue with your EE profile creation.

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
Yes, you have misinterpreted the question. Actually, this is one question where many people get stuck since the wordings are misleading. You are not at fault. This question has been asked and answered a hundred times before on this forum.
Hence I just repeated the answer for you.
Just say "No" and continue with your EE profile creation.
Fair enough. Happy to take your advice on board. Apparently I need an IELTS score greater than 9 in order to interpret their questions, ha.

Another question - has anyone noticed that their scores have reduced since the EE changes by answering the additional questions in the Study/Education section. I have a double degree. Prior to the EE changes a couple of weeks ago, I'm pretty sure there was a drop-down option for "Level of Education" that was "Two or more degrees" etc. Now that option seems to have disappeared. So my EE score is only reflective of one degree (so I have lost 33 points overnight).

Has anyone else experienced this?

How should someone enter a double degree in EE? I presume I need to enter them in separately, but with the same start date, end date and duration?

Appreciate any advice.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
skantzidis said:
Fair enough. Happy to take your advice on board. Apparently I need an IELTS score greater than 9 in order to interpret their questions, ha.

Another question - has anyone noticed that their scores have reduced since the EE changes by answering the additional questions in the Study/Education section. I have a double degree. Prior to the EE changes a couple of weeks ago, I'm pretty sure there was a drop-down option for "Level of Education" that was "Two or more degrees" etc. Now that option seems to have disappeared. So my EE score is only reflective of one degree (so I have lost 33 points overnight).

Has anyone else experienced this?

How should someone enter a double degree in EE? I presume I need to enter them in separately, but with the same start date, end date and duration?

Appreciate any advice.
Yes, the option for "Two or more degrees" has been taken off by IRCC.
Now, you need to make two separate entries - one for your bachelors degree and another for your Post Graduate studies.
Choose "Bachelors degree" for the graduation and choose "One year or more" option for your additional PG studies.This way you will maintain the existing CRS points and not lose any points.

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
Yes, the option for "Two or more degrees" has been taken off by IRCC.
Now, you need to make two separate entries - one for your bachelors degree and another for your Post Graduate studies.
Choose "Bachelors degree" for the graduation and choose "One year or more" option for your additional PG studies.This way you will maintain the existing CRS points and not lose any points.
Thanks for that. However, I don't have a PG degree. I have a computer science and mechanical engineering double degree - both undergrads, completed over 5 years between 2000 and 2004.

Last night I updated my EE profile to have the two degrees separately, but each listed as a single "Bachelors degree". Unfortunately, my CRS score still shows that I am only getting points for one degree. Is this expected?

Its a little concerning that this has changed with no notification... Am I missing something here?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
skantzidis said:
Thanks for that. However, I don't have a PG degree. I have a computer science and mechanical engineering double degree - both undergrads, completed over 5 years between 2000 and 2004.

Last night I updated my EE profile to have the two degrees separately, but each listed as a single "Bachelors degree". Unfortunately, my CRS score still shows that I am only getting points for one degree. Is this expected?

Its a little concerning that this has changed with no notification... Am I missing something here?
What is mentioned in your ECA report?? Have these degrees been evaluated separately?
I am not sure how this will be treated by the EE system.
Logically, this looks like "Tow or more degrees".

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
What is mentioned in your ECA report?? Have these degrees been evaluated separately?
I am not sure how this will be treated by the EE system.
Logically, this looks like "Tow or more degrees".
My ECA report says "Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)", I don't see what this could be other than "Two or more degrees".

Listing my degrees separately (two separate entries) has not impacted my score (yet), and they are still being counted as one degree. How long does it typically take the CRS score to update following an update to one's profile? I updated my profile over 24 hours ago.

(As a side note, I'm not sure why WES evaluated it to be the equivalent of a 4 year degree, when it took 5 full-time years in Australia. Is Canada's tertiary education system so much better? I have contacted WES for some clarification.)

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
skantzidis said:
My ECA report says "Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)", I don't see what this could be other than "Two or more degrees".

Listing my degrees separately (two separate entries) has not impacted my score (yet), and they are still being counted as one degree. How long does it typically take the CRS score to update following an update to one's profile? I updated my profile over 24 hours ago.

(As a side note, I'm not sure why WES evaluated it to be the equivalent of a 4 year degree, when it took 5 full-time years in Australia. Is Canada's tertiary education system so much better? I have contacted WES for some clarification.)
Different countries have different education systems and yes it is highly possible that a 5 year degree course in one country can be equivalent to a 4 year degree course in another.
My profile got updated in 48 hours or more - this time took longer than usual time of 24 hours. My points remained the same.
Wait for a day or two more.