NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DiNaV said:
Experts,

I need one favour.

NOC 2171 roles & responsibilites

Job 1

•Identified requirements and established personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
•Arranged project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
•Programmed the computer by encoding project requirements in computer language; entering coded information into the computer.
•Developed and maintained applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
•Confirmed program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
•Maintained computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.

Job 2

·Confer with clients to identify and document requirements, analyze business needs, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions.
·Converts project specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps the program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
·Create documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
·Prepare manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
·Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products.
·Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems.
·Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language to ensure programs and applications perform to specification.
·Writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards.
· Provide technical assistance to program users.

CAN YOU CHECK THESE AND LET ME KNOW IF THEY ARE MATCHING TO MY NOC OR SHOULD I ADD/REMOVE SOME POINTS? Are these correct? It seems like they didnt consider my Job 1 responsibilities matching to NOC 2171. So now that I have to reapply in next intake, I want to make sure that I put in correct responsibilities that would match the NOC 2171. Please help and guide.

Thanks.
The question I would have is this: Are you a developer? Looking at both of the roles, the answer would appear to be yes. Anything that involves programming, for at least 50% of your day to me would be a developer. If you are NOT a developer (and only you would know this), I would be removing references to programming code in your job descriptions. A systems analyst would generally not do much development IMO. Are you trying to write a job description for NOC 2171 because you are a systems analyst, or are you trying to write a job description for 2171 because it is one of the NOCs that is in demand for SINP?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
skantzidis said:
The question I would have is this: Are you a developer? Looking at both of the roles, the answer would appear to be yes. Anything that involves programming, for at least 50% of your day to me would be a developer. If you are NOT a developer (and only you would know this), I would be removing references to programming code in your job descriptions. A systems analyst would generally not do much development IMO. Are you trying to write a job description for NOC 2171 because you are a systems analyst, or are you trying to write a job description for 2171 because it is one of the NOCs that is in demand for SINP?
I am a System Analyst since Feb 2013. My job 1 did vary between development & analysis, hence a bit of a mix there. But job2 is purely analysis.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DiNaV said:
You are correct. The reason they gave to make my application ineligible was the same one as quoted by you above..."I would see this more like 2174," Therefore, I am taking suggestions here on forum to modify these duties in my new application. Can you suggest which ones should I remove?
If it is for SINP, then I would not recommend to apply there using same employers but altered job description to get nomination there. However you can still try to apply in other provinces, and there you can still try out adjusted work description.
2171 hits me more as somebody that is rather managing IT project and specially some that inclueds some tweeking of your systems to be stable (against hackers or against some other hardware software events for example).
Such person would not that much do the programming itself, but rather connection to identify the problem there, check for Solutions with programmers and stress test solution. And of course listen to the customer.

One other thing that you need to consider is that they might actually call your current or previous employers and ask about your job duties. And if they see there mainly programming you might be rejected again.

So up to you how you will adjust.

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DiNaV said:
I am a System Analyst since Feb 2013. My job 1 did vary between development & analysis, hence a bit of a mix there. But job2 is purely analysis.
Then focus your role description on the aspects that are expected of a systems analyst. IMO these are:
- Requirements analysis
- Engagement with stakeholders / clients.
- Developing functional and technical documentation.
- Working with developers, testers, environment support personnel to ensure end-to-end delivery of systems. etc etc.

Of course, I am well aware that many roles don't fall neatly into any one particular category (I may have this problem myself). However, if most of your roles are genuinely related to systems analysis, then emphasize these aspects, and leave programming out of your job descriptions.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
skantzidis said:
Then focus your role description on the aspects that are expected of a systems analyst. IMO these are:
- Requirements analysis
- Engagement with stakeholders / clients.
- Developing functional and technical documentation.
- Working with developers, testers, environment support personnel to ensure end-to-end delivery of systems. etc etc.

Of course, I am well aware that many roles don't fall neatly into any one particular category (I may have this problem myself). However, if most of your roles are genuinely related to systems analysis, then emphasize these aspects, and leave programming out of your job descriptions.
Cool. Thanks skantzidis

But now the bigger question...can I amend these in my application when I reapply ?

ahmedhere

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Thanks guys, also another question...

Did anyone see changes to his score after the new editions to the system? I should have got 30 points for studying in Canada, but my score didn't change....should I make a new profile or wait or what?

If the education points are added then I might get a nomination in the next round (cause my score will be 483) so I'm really concerned about the delay...

ahmedhere

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Guys, has anyone got the points of the Canaian education after the new updates yet?

I still didn't get them, and in my EE profile, it shows blank beside Canadian education, not even 0...what's wrong?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
ahmedhere said:
Guys, has anyone got the points of the Canaian education after the new updates yet?

I still didn't get them, and in my EE profile, it shows blank beside Canadian education, not even 0...what's wrong?
You gotto wait, Many have got points after 48 hours. You might also try to withdraw the existing profile and re-create new profile which has helped few folks.

ahmedhere

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
thinkshady said:
You gotto wait, Many have got points after 48 hours. You might also try to withdraw the existing profile and re-create new profile which has helped few folks.
Yup I had to do that and it worked, thank you

Justos

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone seen their extra points not adding up?

I had 432 points before my +15 for education showed up, but now I only have 436.

The only thing that has changed in my profile other than that is that I am currently not working in canada as my post graduate work permit has expired. Can anyone help? Did i really lose points because I have not been chosen in so long?

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
When adding Canadian education what are the question we need to answer yes to? Mine has been a week and no change but I also don't want to withdraw my profile and resubmit because Ontario seems to be in the last stage of processing my application

ahmedhere

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Seems you have to withdraw your profile then make a new one to have the Canadian education points added....That's the only thing worked for me...

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Justos said:
Has anyone seen their extra points not adding up?

I had 432 points before my +15 for education showed up, but now I only have 436.

The only thing that has changed in my profile other than that is that I am currently not working in canada as my post graduate work permit has expired. Can anyone help? Did i really lose points because I have not been chosen in so long?
Hi looks like we have a bit similar situation: my pgwp expired in May 2016 so I stopped working . I have complete 22 months of Canadian WE. In order to reflect the changes the best and quickest option s to recreate your profile and new job bank account this will add yur bonus points. I did exactly the same so my score is changed .still there is an error but that's -1 mark in my profile which I didn't understand!

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
ahmedhere said:
WOW the new score cut off for Nov 30 is 786 and the number of invitations sent is 559!!!!!!!!!
Settle down... this is a PNP specific draw. The next draw will be very different.