EE Applicants with score 400 to 450 let's connect here

limestone

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have 414 pts and OINP is the only chance to get ITA. I created EE profile on March 1st, hence stuck in the queue. Before OINP closed this year, people were recreating EE profiles due to system glitch, and seemed working. Many had OINP PT right after recreating profiles. Was anything declared from CIC about this? Is this thing fixed? Should I recreate my profile? Its been so long in waiting I dont want to miss mychance when OINP comes back (probably) next year.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
OINP haven't been accepting applications since early 2016. No idea when it's due to open again.

limestone

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes that part I know, probably back in 2017, maybe later. How about the system "glitch"? Was anything declared from CIC about this? Is this thing fixed? Should I recreate my profile?

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
First thing is first. OINP and IRCC (formerly called CIC) are separate entities.

No one here on this forum knows anything about OINP other than what is posted on their website. All we know is that they stopped sending PTs in Feb, and they officially closed in May. They haven't released any other announcement to answer any of your questions. In order for you to be informed about any OINP changes the best way would be to check their program updates web page:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

limestone said:
Yes that part I know, probably back in 2017, maybe later. How about the system "glitch"? Was anything declared from CIC about this? Is this thing fixed? Should I recreate my profile?

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skantzidis said:
Thanks for that. However, I don't have a PG degree. I have a computer science and mechanical engineering double degree - both undergrads, completed over 5 years between 2000 and 2004.

Last night I updated my EE profile to have the two degrees separately, but each listed as a single "Bachelors degree". Unfortunately, my CRS score still shows that I am only getting points for one degree. Is this expected?

Its a little concerning that this has changed with no notification... Am I missing something here?
You do not qualify to be assessed as having two degrees and that is why you are not getting the points. What you have is a major and a minor by Canadian standards which is still one degree. Logically, two degrees are not obtained simultaneously but at different dates. So for instance, you have a bachelors which you obtained between 2001 to 2005 then in 2006 you started another degree. The EE system is not awarding you points because you are entering the same dates for the two degrees so it is recognizing it as one degree.

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newbutterfly said:
You do not qualify to be assessed as having two degrees and that is why you are not getting the points. What you have is a major and a minor by Canadian standards which is still one degree. Logically, two degrees are not obtained simultaneously but at different dates. So for instance, you have a bachelors which you obtained between 2001 to 2005 then in 2006 you started another degree. The EE system is not awarding you points because you are entering the same dates for the two degrees so it is recognizing it as one degree.
Interesting. So in your opinion, an ECA that says "Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)" does not equal "Two or more degrees?". And if so, am I misrepresenting myself if I enter both degrees in EE with the same start and end dates?

My points were finally updated (after approximately 48 hours) as I had expected (i.e. after entering my two degrees separately, with the start and end date, EE counted this as two degrees).

However, I have no intention of misrepresenting my study qualifications, as I am not in the fraud business. At the end of the day, I do have 2 separate degree certificates. Yes, they were gained at the same time, over a 5 year full-time period, however they are separate degrees. Is there anyone I could reach out to for clarification on this?

Edit: To quote Wikipedia:
"A double degree program, sometimes called a dual degree, combined degree, conjoint degree, joint degree, simultaneous degree or double graduation program, involves a student's working for two different university degrees in parallel, either at the same institution or at different institutions (sometimes in different countries), completing them in less time than it would take to earn them separately. The two degrees might be in the same subject area (especially when the course is split between countries), or in two different subjects."

I feel pretty comfortable that I am accurately representing my study credentials and am being assigned the correct points.

holbond

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys I got this from ircc.. anyone knows what this means ? Does it mean the time to submit is now 75days ?

This letter is addressed to candidates who have been invited to apply for permanent residence to inform them of the steps to follow to avoid technical difficulties when paying the fees for their permanent residence application.

Recent changes to the Express Entry system took place on November 19, 2016. While your application is not affected by these changes, the recent update may be causing problems with paying the application fee and submitting your application on time.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is giving you fifteen (15) more days from the date in your invitation letter to follow the steps below and submit your application. This will make sure you have more time to successfully submit your application for permanent residence.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
holbond said:
Guys I got this from ircc.. anyone knows what this means ? Does it mean the time to submit is now 75days ?

This letter is addressed to candidates who have been invited to apply for permanent residence to inform them of the steps to follow to avoid technical difficulties when paying the fees for their permanent residence application.

Recent changes to the Express Entry system took place on November 19, 2016. While your application is not affected by these changes, the recent update may be causing problems with paying the application fee and submitting your application on time.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is giving you fifteen (15) more days from the date in your invitation letter to follow the steps below and submit your application. This will make sure you have more time to successfully submit your application for permanent residence.
Those receiving ITA after 19th Nov 2016 will now have 90 days to submit e-APR. It is clearly mentioned in their latest update in Nov. 2016.

holbond

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
sushsmart15 said:
Those receiving ITA after 19th Nov 2016 will now have 90 days to submit e-APR. It is clearly mentioned in their latest update in Nov. 2016.

Yeah I know that. But the guys who have received ita before 19 Nov, I think they added 15 days more. This is what I infer from the mail they sent to me. I am not sure I I am correct

KST06

Nov 12, 2016
Hello Guys

Any chance for us by this year end or may be we should consider going to Canada on 6 months job search visa to get those extra points.

My score is 409...i guess long wait ahead...................... :-[

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
holbond said:
Yeah I know that. But the guys who have received ita before 19 Nov, I think they added 15 days more. This is what I infer from the mail they sent to me. I am not sure I I am correct
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/15-more-days-for-existing-itas-t463920.0.html

SonaSonia

Nov 10, 2016
hi, My husband has filed for PR in April this year. Our CRS score is 435. IS there any chance of getting an ITA by this year end.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SonaSonia said:
hi, My husband has filed for PR in April this year. Our CRS score is 435. IS there any chance of getting an ITA by this year end.
Unfortunately this is highly unlikely.

gitmlife

Apr 19, 2015
Dubai
Hi Guys,

I looking for help from someone who has good understanding on CRS.

I submitted my EE profile last September, and got a meagre score of 381. My sister is a Canadian PR and soon will be a citizen too, and she has been pestering me to come there - so now I am taking it little more seriously than last year. I didn't add my wife's qualification (bachelors) and her ielts score last year, and working on getting these added soon which may bring my score upto 400. I want to know what more can I do to boost my score. My sister keeps telling me that a young guy who did his bachelors worked for 3 years in India got PR without any prior work experience in canada or any job offer or any degree from a canadian university - which is little hard for me to understand. Here is my profile :

Age - 28 years
Marital Status - Married
Education - Post Graduate ( MBA)
Experience - More than 4 Years
IELTS - Listening - 7.5 ; Reading - 6.5; Writing - 8; Speaking - 7.0 Overall 7.5 ; CRS - 105
Relative in Canada - yes (sibiling)

As far as I understand the only thing I can change is my IELTS Score for which I currently have 105 points in CRS. Can anybody tell me what is the maximum score one can get in CRS for IELTS and if there are any other ways I can improve on my score apart from ielts score.

Thanks in advance.

Praveen

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
gitmlife said:
Hi Guys,

I looking for help from someone who has good understanding on CRS.

I submitted my EE profile last September, and got a meagre score of 381. My sister is a Canadian PR and soon will be a citizen too, and she has been pestering me to come there - so now I am taking it little more seriously than last year. I didn't add my wife's qualification (bachelors) and her ielts score last year, and working on getting these added soon which may bring my score upto 400. I want to know what more can I do to boost my score. My sister keeps telling me that a young guy who did his bachelors worked for 3 years in India got PR without any prior work experience in canada or any job offer or any degree from a canadian university - which is little hard for me to understand. Here is my profile :

Age - 28 years
Marital Status - Married
Education - Post Graduate ( MBA)
Experience - More than 4 Years
IELTS - Listening - 7.5 ; Reading - 6.5; Writing - 8; Speaking - 7.0 Overall 7.5 ; CRS - 105
Relative in Canada - yes (sibiling)

As far as I understand the only thing I can change is my IELTS Score for which I currently have 105 points in CRS. Can anybody tell me what is the maximum score one can get in CRS for IELTS and if there are any other ways I can improve on my score apart from ielts score.

Thanks in advance.

Praveen
CLB 9 equivalent scores in IELTS will fetch you max CRS points. Try to obtain minimum L8,R7,W7,S7 or above band scores in IELTS and you will see your CRS score above 400.
Also, you can obtain points for spouse by asking her to appear for IELTS and get her ECA done.