+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education history question

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Sorry to intervene, I am in a process of gathering education documents for EE application. I am phD in Science major DNA nanoengineering and my job was in supply chain before my phD degree.To clarify more, I got my bachelors and Masters degree in Microbiology from Pakistan and then I did job for 5 years in pharmaceutical company as a logistics manager ended in 2011 and then I did my phD from South Korea .I am main applicant married and housewife.
1) My question is do I need to attest my final phD degree from WES for ECA for EE or all degree started from 10th grade?
2) what is job NOC from approved list? Is it required to mention in EE profile for federal skilled worker?
3) What if my job experience is different from final phD degree?

Help much appreciated?
1. I would only do it for the highest degree (phD)
2. It's your primary occupation, you can search it from here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp and yes it is required to mention it in the EE profile
3. I'm not sure about this as my job is related to my education.

I hope this helps

Reactions: IndoKori

Abrarmatin

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
1. I would only do it for the highest degree (phD)
2. It's your primary occupation, you can search it from here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp and yes it is required to mention it in the EE profile
3. I'm not sure about this as my job is related to my education.

I hope this helps
Thank you , I checked my NOC for supply hain logistics manager falls with 0113, but my final degree does not match with NOC. have you already applied with final degree only for EE?

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Thank you , I checked my NOC for supply hain logistics manager falls with 0113, but my final degree does not match with NOC. have you already applied with final degree only for EE?
Not sure what you mean, I only created EE profile 2 days ago. And my NOC matches with my education, both Bachelors and Masters.

Abrarmatin

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Not sure what you mean, I only created EE profile 2 days ago. And my NOC matches with my education, both Bachelors and Masters.
I mean you have attested fonly your Masters degree or your bachelors as well? Where did you attest from, WES?

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
H
Sorry to intervene, I am in a process of gathering education documents for EE application. I am phD in Science major DNA nanoengineering and my job was in supply chain before my phD degree.To clarify more, I got my bachelors and Masters degree in Microbiology from Pakistan and then I did job for 5 years in pharmaceutical company as a logistics manager ended in 2011 and then I did my phD from South Korea .I am main applicant married and housewife.
1) My question is do I need to attest my final phD degree from WES for ECA for EE or all degree started from 10th grade?
2) what is job NOC from approved list? Is it required to mention in EE profile for federal skilled worker?
3) What if my job experience is different from final phD degree?

Help much appreciated?
Hello! If you just start doing your ECA, I suggest doing all degrees starting bachelor, cause as I recall, its same price for several degrees in WES, so you might as well do it all. Or just do your PhD, since you will get points for highest degree, in your case PhD. High school doesn't really matter,.
Check this link for info about NOC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp
If you want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant (Express Entry)
  • Your job, and the work you have done in the past, must be skill type 0, or level A or B to use Express Entry.
You should mention NOC in your profile, and you should support this claim with jobs you've done and reference letters. There might be a requirement about work experience being not too old (like within 5 years), but I'm not sure about it, so please check yourself. There is no requirement in Express Entry for work experience to be same as education. I think being a logistics manager and PhD, you have very good chances. Good luck!

Reactions: Abrarmatin

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
H

Hello! If you just start doing your ECA, I suggest doing all degrees starting bachelor, cause as I recall, its same price for several degrees in WES, so you might as well do it all. Or just do your PhD, since you will get points for highest degree, in your case PhD. High school doesn't really matter,.
Check this link for info about NOC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp
  • Your job, and the work you have done in the past, must be skill type 0, or level A or B to use Express Entry.
You should mention NOC in your profile, and you should support this claim with jobs you've done and reference letters. There might be a requirement about work experience being not too old (like within 5 years), but I'm not sure about it, so please check yourself. There is no requirement in Express Entry for work experience to be same as education. I think being a logistics manager and PhD, you have very good chances. Good luck!
Ha-ha! My typing is very slow, you already answered it all! :)

Abrarmatin

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
H

Hi, Thank you for your detail reply...much much appreciated.

I wanted to do for all degree but currently I am living in Qatar and my Master degree in Microbiology is from Pakistan and doing phD degree verification from South Korea and Masters from Pakistan ,needs lot of homework from abroad as I have no help in both countries that's why wondering to go for phD degree only ,if there is no effect on my application.

1) Regarding my work experience, I have 2.5 years of experience as a material planner in supply chain from Procter and Gamble FMCG company and then 2.5 years experience as a supplychain logistics manager from Sanofi Aventis pharmaceutical company. when I checked NOC ,it says supply chain logistics manager available but I cannot find for material planner although it is also a junior post in supplychain. I don't know ,what I said make sense .My question is all together my experience is 5 years but not a same company plus first is planner junior position and next manager. How many years should I mention in FSW grid point calculator?if I decrease my experience in manual calculation then I am losing 2 points and getting only 66/100.

2) My husband is also phD,do I need to ECAed his degree as well?

3) To support NOC mentioning in profile ,I only have experience letter from companies.Do I need reference letter as well? Experience letter only states the position title and duration ,do I need to write job responsibilities in separate letter and signed it by myself?

4) Sorry for taking so much of your time, lastly Would you suggest to hire an agent or do it myself ?are you in a process of immigration?

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Guys i am having the same issue. I actually applied for 2 certificates to WES. One for ACCA (for which i got 4 years bachelor) and another for CAT (for which WES gave nothing) . However i included it in my educational background and mentioned in the LOE that i have included this information to only provide a full and clear picture of my educational background and that it does not affect my CRS scoring.

Please advise if i should remove CAT or keep it as is and mention the issue in LOE?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi, sandra02! Thank you for your detailed reply. Did you immigrate via FSW? Before or after EE was implemented? My friends moved before EE, and yes, their NOC and education must be close. But right now for EE its not a must. If your education is different from work NOC, you can do it just as well. Just job NOC must be from approved list (A list and smthing else). And only highest degree of education matters, and it can be different from job NOC. Its much easier now. And I dont think your job choices after moving can be limited to your education in any country :) I do work in purchase for almost 8 years, and Im a linguist.
I have been living in Canada for 5 years, I am applying in CEC.
I got ITA in April, I am going to submit e-Apr on this week.
I know that the NOC does not have to be mach with education, you are absolutely right, but what I did write before some question will be easier to answer if you mention more education. Non ECA won't give you points, that is right also. But if something which gives more information about you needs only 10 seconds extra effort why not? In E-Apr you have to mention that anyway, from EE application every information automatically added to E-apr application. It means it does not even need extra 10 seconds.
This is my theory, following questions will be easier answered.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Thank guys for taking the time to share your views. I really appreciate it.

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Did you get an ITA? If yes, where did your education details both ECAed and non ECAed (which you entered in the pre ITA process)end up after ITA? I am guessing they will end up in Education history. If they both end up in Education history, can we move the non ECAed degree details to personal history in the Post ITA process?

I only have a little knowledge about post ITA process. So, If you feel my question does not make any sense, please ignore it. :)
Yes,I got ITA in April, so I am going to submit my application this week.
You will have education history which shows your pre ita education details, there is a similar question in that section "do you have ECA done for that" ( something similar) so you can keep non ECa education there or you can remove that to the personal history as well.

Reactions: vj9

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Guys i am having the same issue. I actually applied for 2 certificates to WES. One for ACCA (for which i got 4 years bachelor) and another for CAT (for which WES gave nothing) . However i included it in my educational background and mentioned in the LOE that i have included this information to only provide a full and clear picture of my educational background and that it does not affect my CRS scoring.

Please advise if i should remove CAT or keep it as is and mention the issue in LOE?
It sounds perfect. Giving more information about you is not harmful.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
I have been living in Canada for 5 years, I am applying in CEC.
I got ITA in April, I am going to submit e-Apr on this week.
I know that the NOC does not have to be mach with education, you are absolutely right, but what I did write before some question will be easier to answer if you mention more education. Non ECA won't give you points, that is right also. But if something which gives more information about you needs only 10 seconds extra effort why not? In E-Apr you have to mention that anyway, from EE application every information automatically added to E-apr application. It means it does not even need extra 10 seconds.
This is my theory, following questions will be easier answered.
Hello, sandra02! I get your point, and my opinion is still different. It's not harmful to provide more. Only one issue here - CIC has its requirements and format for providing info, and they expect us to follow it. Documents not upto their standard are invalid, unless there is a valid reason you cannot do it. In such cases LoE is written. If you feel info must be provided, then just do it all the way, ie ECA ets. Doing things halfway, just because, is never good enough in life. I wish you all the best with your application.

Reactions: sandra02

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi, Thank you for your detail reply...much much appreciated.

I wanted to do for all degree but currently I am living in Qatar and my Master degree in Microbiology is from Pakistan and doing phD degree verification from South Korea and Masters from Pakistan ,needs lot of homework from abroad as I have no help in both countries that's why wondering to go for phD degree only ,if there is no effect on my application.

1) Regarding my work experience, I have 2.5 years of experience as a material planner in supply chain from Procter and Gamble FMCG company and then 2.5 years experience as a supplychain logistics manager from Sanofi Aventis pharmaceutical company. when I checked NOC ,it says supply chain logistics manager available but I cannot find for material planner although it is also a junior post in supplychain. I don't know ,what I said make sense .My question is all together my experience is 5 years but not a same company plus first is planner junior position and next manager. How many years should I mention in FSW grid point calculator?if I decrease my experience in manual calculation then I am losing 2 points and getting only 66/100.

2) My husband is also phD,do I need to ECAed his degree as well?

3) To support NOC mentioning in profile ,I only have experience letter from companies.Do I need reference letter as well? Experience letter only states the position title and duration ,do I need to write job responsibilities in separate letter and signed it by myself?

4) Sorry for taking so much of your time, lastly Would you suggest to hire an agent or do it myself ?are you in a process of immigration?
Hello, Abrarmatin! I suggest you to use not FSW grid calculator, but EE points calculator: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
FSW grid is less useful for EE, i my opinion, since CRS points are used in EE, not FSW grid. And you get ITA based on CRS points.
If you cannot get ECA for all degrees, do what you can. And of course, do your spouse's PhD. It will get you good points, and with good IELTS you will get ITA quite quickly. With 2 PhDs in family, any of you can be main applicant :) Check work experience in CRS calculator, max you can get for experience, if not in Canada, is 3 years. For NOC read not position name, but duties description. CIC website has good explanation for it, as well as this forum. On EE part of forum are few pinned posts on top of the page, make sure to read it too.
Ref letter for CIC must have your duties description, its very important, as well as salary, working hours etc. I suggest you start gathering doc in advance, especially PCCs. I read somewhere on forum, South Korean PCC has some supplement or something, and one guy got his PCC from local SK embassy without it, so it was troublesome. Don't rememebr more details. Make sure to read CIC reqs very-very carefully.
I'm in process myself, I already AORed, and now sit on the cushion made of needles, waiting and hoping for the best. :)
I don't think agent will help you much. I mean, you need to fill in application online, after ITA you need to prepare docs and upload it. You can only get docs by yourself, so agent basically just uploads it. I don't see any reason in one then. In my country people usually don't hire agents. It will save a lot of money too :) And I believe EE system is designed to help you do it on your own.
I wish you lots of luck. You're just starting your EE path, but it's not too long. Make sure to prepare carefully and in advance, and it's gonna be allright.

Reactions: Abrarmatin and vj9