+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education history question

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi,

I created EE profile yesterday. In the Education history, I have only added my Master's degree for which ECA is done. Please let me know if I have to add my Bachelor's(ECA not done) details too?

Appreciate your help

Reactions: Parthg011

anup_abc

Star Member
May 16, 2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2017
Hi,

I created EE profile yesterday. In the Education history, I have only added my Master's degree for which ECA is done. Please let me know if I have to add my Bachelor's(ECA not done) details too?

Appreciate your help
I think you have to add all the education history you have starting from your high school till masters degree.... ECA has to be done for both Bachelors degree and Masters degree..... "I am not sure but this is what i have heard and done"......

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi,

Appreciate your help
You can add your bachelor's as well, the system ask that you have ECA for that or not. You can choose "no".

Reactions: vj9

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
You can add your bachelor's as well, the system ask that you have ECA for that or not. You can choose "no".
Hi! Whats the point of adding non ECA degree? CIC will not accept it without ECA. And since ECA is done for masters only, it means its allright, and degree is verified.
vj9, Im sorry that you get so many opposite views, and I suggest you to double check CIC website, since its yours EE, and its your loss should you get a wrong opinion. I just must caution you against providing too much, or unnecessary info, ie docs not according to CIC requirements, even if you could go without it. Good luck!

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi! Whats the point of adding non ECA degree? CIC will not accept it without ECA. And since ECA is done for masters only, it means its allright, and degree is verified.
vj9, Im sorry that you get so many opposite views, and I suggest you to double check CIC website, since its yours EE, and its your loss should you get a wrong opinion. I just must caution you against providing too much, or unnecessary info, ie docs not according to CIC requirements, even if you could go without it. Good luck!
What is the point not to provide information about your bachelor's? When you will get ITA, you have to provide every post secondary education. If IRCC wants to see only your education which has ECA done, then the question would be-provide every education which you have ECA done... This is my view. Most of us provide more information than IRCC needs, just stay at the safer side.
You can see, somebody provides information from high school, somebody writes only Masters. I did provide all of my bachelor's even ECA was not done.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Sandra02, dont really wanna argue, but... disagree. Education part is for getting points, so adding not ECA diploma, you just add unnecessary burden to application. It all can go to Personal history. You basically add non proved docs. About providing too much info, if its proven, its ok. If document is incomplete (non ECA diploma is incomplete for CIC), it might backfire. Just couple of days ago I found a rejection case on immitracker: "PPC Chile not approved. Missing 1 document PPC Chile not acceptable. Missing 1 document "Hoja de Vida". Also, PPC should have NOT been uploaded since duration of stay was 5 months at time of AOR". You can find this case there and see for yourself. Officer's remark basically means, that should there be not this particular document, it would be ok.

Reactions: echohsl and vj9

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Thank guys for taking the time to share your views. I really appreciate it.
Hi Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Did you get an ITA? If yes, where did your education details both ECAed and non ECAed (which you entered in the pre ITA process)end up after ITA? I am guessing they will end up in Education history. If they both end up in Education history, can we move the non ECAed degree details to personal history in the Post ITA process?

I only have a little knowledge about post ITA process. So, If you feel my question does not make any sense, please ignore it. :)

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Sandra02, dont really wanna argue, but... disagree. Education part is for getting points, so adding not ECA diploma, you just add unnecessary burden to application. It all can go to Personal history. You basically add non proved docs. About providing too much info, if its proven, its ok. If document is incomplete (non ECA diploma is incomplete for CIC), it might backfire. Just couple of days ago I found a rejection case on immitracker: "PPC Chile not approved. Missing 1 document PPC Chile not acceptable. Missing 1 document "Hoja de Vida". Also, PPC should have NOT been uploaded since duration of stay was 5 months at time of AOR". You can find this case there and see for yourself. Officer's remark basically means, that should there be not this particular document, it would be ok.
I understand your view, of course. EE is only about the scores. But you have to choose main occupation as well, with main NOC,and the system asks when did you get qualification for that position.( I am not sure about the exact question.) So to provide more information about your qualifications gives more opportunities to choose different occupations, work experience...Let me show my story to make it clear. I had my social workers ECA done only when I created my EE profile. But I am working in export sales in Canada. I have bachelor's in business also, but I did not have ECA for that. I had work experience in export sales manager and marketing manager also in the the last few years. If I show only my ECA which belongs to my social worker degree, I am not qualified for the export sales job in Canada and not for the other jobs also.
Bachelor's degree is a strong education which can be used for many occupations but masters is more specified. So to make the following questions easier I would add bachelor's.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi, sandra02! Thank you for your detailed reply. Did you immigrate via FSW? Before or after EE was implemented? My friends moved before EE, and yes, their NOC and education must be close. But right now for EE its not a must. If your education is different from work NOC, you can do it just as well. Just job NOC must be from approved list (A list and smthing else). And only highest degree of education matters, and it can be different from job NOC. Its much easier now. And I dont think your job choices after moving can be limited to your education in any country :) I do work in purchase for almost 8 years, and Im a linguist.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Thank guys for taking the time to share your views. I really appreciate it.

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Did you get an ITA? If yes, where did your education details both ECAed and non ECAed (which you entered in the pre ITA process)end up after ITA? I am guessing they will end up in Education history. If they both end up in Education history, can we move the non ECAed degree details to personal history in the Post ITA process?

I only have a little knowledge about post ITA process. So, If you feel my question does not make any sense, please ignore it. :)
Hi! You can edit info post ITA. I changed work history, for example. You will fill in travel history, personal history etc. For education its a single upload slot, where you upload all edu docs, like diplomas, its translations, ECA, IELTS. I think only basic info like name is frozen.

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi! You can edit info post ITA. I changed work history, for example. You will fill in travel history, personal history etc. For education its a single upload slot, where you upload all edu docs, like diplomas, its translations, ECA, IELTS. I think only basic info like name is frozen.
Thanks so much. This is very helpful.

Abrarmatin

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Hi, sandra02! Thank you for your detailed reply. Did you immigrate via FSW? Before or after EE was implemented? My friends moved before EE, and yes, their NOC and education must be close. But right now for EE its not a must. If your education is different from work NOC, you can do it just as well. Just job NOC must be from approved list (A list and smthing else). And only highest degree of education matters, and it can be different from job NOC. Its much easier now. And I dont think your job choices after moving can be limited to your education in any country :) I do work in purchase for almost 8 years, and Im a linguist.
Sorry to intervene, I am in a process of gathering education documents for EE application. I am phD in Science major DNA nanoengineering and my job was in supply chain before my phD degree.To clarify more, I got my bachelors and Masters degree in Microbiology from Pakistan and then I did job for 5 years in pharmaceutical company as a logistics manager ended in 2011 and then I did my phD from South Korea .I am main applicant married and housewife.
1) My question is do I need to attest my final phD degree from WES for ECA for EE or all degree started from 10th grade?
2) what is job NOC from approved list? Is it required to mention in EE profile for federal skilled worker?
3) What if my job experience is different from final phD degree?

Help much appreciated?

Reactions: IndoKori