Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
BOWP is not residence permit its only a work permit .. BOWP takes 2 months

TRV is for residence permit. TRV takes 13 days its quicker
is itneccessary for everyone? I applied for only BOWP and I dont need visitor visa to come to Canada.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Panka79 said:
is itneccessary for everyone? I applied for only BOWP and I dont need visitor visa to come to Canada.

My case

I've valid residence permit (Stamp on Passport) and Work permit (Separate document) till May 23rd 2015... I applied BOWP on March 9th and Last week its approved .. In the document they mentioned that with BOWP I cant stay and its not a travel document as well. Based on this letter I was doing research and called CIC agent they asked me apply TRV so that my stay in Canada is legal.

Well I've plans to go out from country with valid BOWP i cant travel and inorder to come back to canada I need to apply locally so better to be safe have residence permit as well if you have plans to travel during your PR application is in process.

kyxy

Aug 20, 2015
Guys I received my file number mid July but until now my ECAS says not able to identify my status. Its been a month like this. Anyone having same problems like this?

schweiz19

Feb 15, 2018
Re: Medical Pass --- April 15th -- Background Status(In progress)

For us these two changes on the same day yesterday, April 23rd. It's interesting (good?) to see others have a very similar pattern. In ECAS, is your status "In Process" or "Application Received"? Ours started as the former but switched to the latter last week. Not sure what it means, though.
Hi!
Kindly share some info please.
I have the same thing.
What does it mean if it was IN PROGRESS then changed to APPLICATION RECEIVED?
After Application Received, how long do you have to wait for landing interview/PPR?
Please share your experience.

schweiz19

Feb 15, 2018
Re: Medical Pass --- April 15th -- Background Status(In progress)

For us these two changes on the same day yesterday, April 23rd. It's interesting (good?) to see others have a very similar pattern. In ECAS, is your status "In Process" or "Application Received"? Ours started as the former but switched to the latter last week. Not sure what it means, though.
Hi! Please share me what really is it when your Ecas is showing you IN PROGRESS to APPLICATION RECEIVED.
It happened to me few days after cic received my medical results. Is it a good sign or bad? What is the next thing?
Please advise. Thank you.

schweiz19

Feb 15, 2018
Any one in this forum ecas status changed from Inprogress to application received and my cic who's medicals passed on 15th April 2015 and background check status changed to In progress on the same day.

If so please let me know
Hi krishna!
I had the same thing.
I checked my ECAS on June 4th-<Medical results have been received> -IN PROCESS BOTH SIDES
Then just today,June 6th-In process changed to <APPLICATION RECEIVED>
What does that mean? Is it a good sign or a bad sign? Please share your experience.