+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA required documents for masters degree through WES

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Thank you so much nambaliya,

You solved all my queries :)
You got reply within 24 hours that is great.

You didn't give them your WES reference number?
I thought that is compulsory!!!

I have also sent mail to studentservices in last week but have not received any response yet.
May be because of Christmas holidays?
I hope i get reply soon

Thanks again pal.

Of course you have to give them WES ref no. Once you send scanned copies of your transcript and degree certificate, they will get it verified with respective department. Then they will ask for WES ref number. They might ask before also.

For my initial email I got reply very promptly but subsequent mail replies were delayed. Christmas holidays might delay it. You will get reply soon.

By the way, what was your degree at Leicester?

mydreams2016

Jan 14, 2016
Of course you have to give them WES ref no. Once you send scanned copies of your transcript and degree certificate, they will get it verified with respective department. Then they will ask for WES ref number. They might ask before also.

For my initial email I got reply very promptly but subsequent mail replies were delayed. Christmas holidays might delay it. You will get reply soon.

By the way, what was your degree at Leicester?
Thanks for the information.

My degree is
Masters of Bioinformatics

Ahmed5123

Sep 14, 2018
i am confused in selecting the noc and skill type, my husband is an HR Manager. i can see these professions in skill type A and 0, is it better to select from skill type 0? or A?

plus at the end of JDs they have written exclusions, wat does the heads in exclusions mean?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hello friends,

I have created a profile in WES Canada. I am an Indian national currently living in India. I have a Masters degree from UK university and a Bachelors degree from Gujarat university India.

As per WES website (required documents section) I only need my masters to be evaluated. However, I read in the forums that WES is partial about Indians and they will ask for bachelors degree as well to be evaluated.

To what extent is this true? I understand that it doesn't hurt if we send both degrees to be evaluated. But getting transcripts from Gujarat university is a lengthy process as per many users and I do not want to go through it. Currently I reside in Pune and it is not possible to visit ahmedabad just to get transcripts (Work commitments).

Additionally, my masters' university (Uni of Leicester) is very prompt in sending required documents directly to WES Canada.

I want your views on the same. Should I go ahead with only masters evaluation or I should send bachelors degree as well. Even if I get my masters evaluated as equivalent to Canadian masters, will visa people ask me for my bachelors ECA?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
nambaliya
I also graduated with Masters from U of Leicester, and on the way to get my ECA done. Could you please let me know how long it took to send a copy of your full academic transcript to WES?

Thanks.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Thank you so much nambaliya,

You solved all my queries :)
You got reply within 24 hours that is great.

You didn't give them your WES reference number?
I thought that is compulsory!!!

I have also sent mail to studentservices in last week but have not received any response yet.
May be because of Christmas holidays?
I hope i get reply soon

Thanks again pal.
So, you didn't purchase that copy of full academic transcript from shop.le.ac.uk?

174dpkr

Mar 26, 2019
Hello, I'm thinking of applying for WES evaluation within a few days. I want to go for ECA evaluations for FSW Canada programme. My under graduation is in dentistry from india and my post graduation is MSc from UK. I do not kown how to go about the ECA, whether I apply for normal ECA for my undergraduation and go for an additional document evaluation of MSc OR Can I go for document by document evaluation which will include both my degree evaluations on the paper and whether document by document is applicable for canada immigration purposes?? I would like to include both degrees in my evaluation.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hello, I'm thinking of applying for WES evaluation within a few days. I want to go for ECA evaluations for FSW Canada programme. My under graduation is in dentistry from india and my post graduation is MSc from UK. I do not kown how to go about the ECA, whether I apply for normal ECA for my undergraduation and go for an additional document evaluation of MSc OR Can I go for document by document evaluation which will include both my degree evaluations on the paper and whether document by document is applicable for canada immigration purposes?? I would like to include both degrees in my evaluation.
You can do for both in one application and would be preferred as this will boost your score.

Reactions: 174dpkr

174dpkr

Mar 26, 2019
You can do for both in one application and would be preferred as this will boost your score.
Thank you so much for replying back.
Yes, but I'd like to know, whether I would have to choose ''document by document'' evaluation- if that's available in ECA and if extra charges will be applied for each document?? OR there's an option in ECA to include as many degrees as possible without extra charges? This is for WES application.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Thank you so much for replying back.
Yes, but I'd like to know, whether I would have to choose ''document by document'' evaluation- if that's available in ECA and if extra charges will be applied for each document?? OR there's an option in ECA to include as many degrees as possible without extra charges? This is for WES application.
They will charge once for as many documents you enlist. When you choose immigration as your purpose then it will direct you to document by document ECA.

Reactions: 174dpkr
May 16, 2019
Received my WES evalutaion. Submitted only MSc transcripts and degree certificate (Sent directly by my Uni to WES). Report says "Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree".

So bachelors degree evaluation is not required for some masters degrees. Please check on WES for documents required before applying.

Hope this helps.
Dear nambaliya,

Could you please confirm if you got your PR with only ECA for MSc (UK) degree? I am in a similar situation like you were a few months ago! I have a MSc from UCL, London and WES online tool gives it Canadian MSc equivalency! Do I need to send Pune BSc transcripts as well? I know from your post that if I will get Canadian masters equivalency, then I don't need BSc transcripts, but then eventually the question is did you have any issues for Bachelor's ECA later during EE application? Since, I am currently doing PhD in Austria, i am thinking is it worth going to Pune to apply for my BSc transcripts!

Your comments would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Karim Vadiwala
Austria!

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Dear nambaliya,

Could you please confirm if you got your PR with only ECA for MSc (UK) degree? I am in a similar situation like you were a few months ago! I have a MSc from UCL, London and WES online tool gives it Canadian MSc equivalency! Do I need to send Pune BSc transcripts as well? I know from your post that if I will get Canadian masters equivalency, then I don't need BSc transcripts, but then eventually the question is did you have any issues for Bachelor's ECA later during EE application? Since, I am currently doing PhD in Austria, i am thinking is it worth going to Pune to apply for my BSc transcripts!

Your comments would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Karim Vadiwala
Austria!
Hi Karim,

I have not received my PR yet. But IRCC has not asked for any additional documents. I will keep you updated if I receive any update on my case.

Hope this helps.

PS. I strongly feel you do not need to get BSc transcripts from Pune University.

nambaliya

May 16, 2019
Hi Karim,

I have not received my PR yet. But IRCC has not asked for any additional documents. I will keep you updated if I receive any update on my case.

Hope this helps.

PS. I strongly feel you do not need to get BSc transcripts from Pune University.

nambaliya
Hi Nambaliya!

Thanks a lot man! I highly appreciate this! Most of my confusion is solved now!

Just out of curiosity what was your Bachelors degree in? Some of my friends told me if I have 4 years (Bachelor's) + 2 years (Masters), then I don't need Bachelor's. I have 3 years Bachelor's (Pune) and 1 year of MSc (London)! Actually, I don't understand where this hype of getting your Bachelor's ECA accreditation comes from? A couple of Indian travel agents also told to do Bachelor's ECA but then Canadian Immigration Website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=991&top=29 clearly mentions to do ONLY highest degree and I see folks on this and other forums getting PR without Bachelor's ECA done (ONLY when Masters was from abroad such as UK/US/Germany/AUS)! and I understand that the points that you get after getting Master's equivalency vs Bachelor's+ Masters's equivalency are the same, so what's the point of doing the latter!

Nonetheless, I will go forward as per your suggestions as it will save me three to four months time of getting Pune University transcripts shipped to WES, because UCL sealed transcripts I have and I will get this done within a month or so by shipping them by myself to WES soon!

Thanks and best regards! Please keep us updated also on your PR! Good luck and God bless!

Karim from Austria

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi Nambaliya!

Thanks a lot man! I highly appreciate this! Most of my confusion is solved now!

Just out of curiosity what was your Bachelors degree in? Some of my friends told me if I have 4 years (Bachelor's) + 2 years (Masters), then I don't need Bachelor's. I have 3 years Bachelor's (Pune) and 1 year of MSc (London)! Actually, I don't understand where this hype of getting your Bachelor's ECA accreditation comes from? A couple of Indian travel agents also told to do Bachelor's ECA but then Canadian Immigration Website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=991&top=29 clearly mentions to do ONLY highest degree and I see folks on this and other forums getting PR without Bachelor's ECA done (ONLY when Masters was from abroad such as UK/US/Germany/AUS)! and I understand that the points that you get after getting Master's equivalency vs Bachelor's+ Masters's equivalency are the same, so what's the point of doing the latter!

Nonetheless, I will go forward as per your suggestions as it will save me three to four months time of getting Pune University transcripts shipped to WES, because UCL sealed transcripts I have and I will get this done within a month or so by shipping them by myself to WES soon!

Thanks and best regards! Please keep us updated also on your PR! Good luck and God bless!

Karim from Austria
Issuing institution must send documents directly to WES otherwise they will be rejected.

Last edited:

nikh941

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Surrey
Hey Guys, I have done my Bachelor of Technology (Engineering - 4 years) from India and Masters of Engineering from Canada. I will be applying for express entry soon. Do I need ECA to create express entry profile? (Considering my highest qualification is from Canada)