+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA required documents for masters degree through WES

May 28, 2019
India
Hey Guys, I have done my Bachelor of Technology (Engineering - 4 years) from India and Masters of Engineering from Canada. I will be applying for express entry soon. Do I need ECA to create express entry profile? (Considering my highest qualification is from Canada)
Hi, I am of same status as ur. I have my bachelor's engineering 4 years in India, One Master's in Engineering from Ryerson University, Toronto and One MS from DePaul University, Chicago. Do I need to do WES for my bachelor's to get ECA report, or Master degree is more than sufficient.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hey Guys, I have done my Bachelor of Technology (Engineering - 4 years) from India and Masters of Engineering from Canada. I will be applying for express entry soon. Do I need ECA to create express entry profile? (Considering my highest qualification is from Canada)
You don't need to get an ECA for your Canadian Education. And you don't have to get an ECA for your bachelor's. You should give your IELTS and straight away apply for express entry.

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi All,

It appears that for the purpose of express entry, only highest education degree evaluation is required. However, I can see that most of the folks go for both bachelor's and master's credential evaluation.
Is it ok if I only get my highest degree evaluated? I have an masters degree (MBA) and a bachelor's (Engineering). Please advice.

Thanks

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi All,

It appears that for the purpose of express entry, only highest education degree evaluation is required. However, I can see that most of the folks go for both bachelor's and master's credential evaluation.
Is it ok if I only get my highest degree evaluated? I have an masters degree (MBA) and a bachelor's (Engineering). Please advice.

Thanks
If you did Masters from an Indian University, WES requires you to send in both Bachelor as well Master's documents

Also, many master's are evaluated as PGD's, so it is wise to get to your bachelor evaluated too so that you can get points for 2 more degrees.

VishalPK

Jun 12, 2019
Hi Folks,

I am very fresh to the WES process & a little confused regarding my case.
I have done my 3 yr Bachelor's from Mumbai University followed by 2 years Master's (MMS). A couple of years later, I went for an Advanced Master's degree (MS) of 1 yr duration in France. I tried to look up on WES evaluation tool regarding my French Master's & its shows Canadian equivalency to "Master's" degree. In this case, should I send my Indian Master's documents(transcripts + degree + Marksheets) also to WES or simply the French will do the work?

Thanks for your help on this topic.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi Folks,

I am very fresh to the WES process & a little confused regarding my case.
I have done my 3 yr Bachelor's from Mumbai University followed by 2 years Master's (MMS). A couple of years later, I went for an Advanced Master's degree (MS) of 1 yr duration in France. I tried to look up on WES evaluation tool regarding my French Master's & its shows Canadian equivalency to "Master's" degree. In this case, should I send my Indian Master's documents(transcripts + degree + Marksheets) also to WES or simply the French will do the work?

Thanks for your help on this topic.
You should get your french master's degree evaluated. Getting an Indian Master's evaluation would also mean getting and sending your indian bachelor documents as well and univrsity of mumbai is a pain in butt.

My sister had done a one year Masters from UK and her's was evaluated as a masters. Her evaluation was also completed much faster than Indian timelines.

European and American degree evaluations, practically, take less time than Indian degree evaluations.

VishalPK

Jun 12, 2019
You should get your french master's degree evaluated. Getting an Indian Master's evaluation would also mean getting and sending your indian bachelor documents as well and univrsity of mumbai is a pain in butt.

My sister had done a one year Masters from UK and her's was evaluated as a masters. Her evaluation was also completed much faster than Indian timelines.

European and American degree evaluations, practically, take less time than Indian degree evaluations.
Thanks buddy for your reply!
I was thinking of the same of getting my French Master's evaluation done...

And yes, Mumbai University is indeed a pain the a** but unfortunately, I can't skip through that since I will have to get the same done for my Wife from MU :(:(.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks buddy for your reply!
I was thinking of the same of getting my French Master's evaluation done...

And yes, Mumbai University is indeed a pain the a** but unfortunately, I can't skip through that since I will have to get the same done for my Wife from MU :(:(.
Read WES guidelines before you go to MU to get your wife's transcripts. While you get your wife's transcripts, also get yours simulataneously, in case, they ask you for one! They should not, but what if? Being prepared is better than agonizing over the situation.

Apurva1111

Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,

I am Master's graduate from UIS( university in USA) and received my official transcripts in sealed envelope with my cousin's name and mailing address written on it as I am in India currently.

Can I mail below transcripts to WES?

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
If you did Masters from an Indian University, WES requires you to send in both Bachelor as well Master's documents

Also, many master's are evaluated as PGD's, so it is wise to get to your bachelor evaluated too so that you can get points for 2 more degrees.
Yes, but only WES requires you to send your bachelor's document, no other agency.
Are there extra points for bachelor's degree? I was of the opinion, if you have master's u need to get that evaluated and you wont even be asked about your bachelor's when you apply,

VishalPK

Jun 12, 2019
Yes, but only WES requires you to send your bachelor's document, no other agency.
Are there extra points for bachelor's degree? I was of the opinion, if you have master's u need to get that evaluated and you wont even be asked about your bachelor's when you apply,
As much as I have understood this far, for Master's done from other countries except India, you could only send your Masters and it would be enough unless they have some doubts on the Master's itself where they might ask for Bachelor's documents too. But for Indian Master's, you need to provide Bachelor's as well without which they won't complete the evaluation. However, there are 4 types of Indian Master's listed on their website for which you don't need to provide Bachelor's (refer to their website).

Also, all of the degree documents being evaluated don't carry their individual marking or points that gets added up. They only show logical progression of your studies that serve as an assurity for WES to validate your highest degree.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi All,

I am Master's graduate from UIS( university in USA) and received my official transcripts in sealed envelope with my cousin's name and mailing address written on it as I am in India currently.

Can I mail below transcripts to WES?
Yes you can. The name on the envelope does not matter, it is the name on transcripts that matters and the reference number written on the envelope.