+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA required documents for masters degree through WES

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Yes, but only WES requires you to send your bachelor's document, no other agency.
Are there extra points for bachelor's degree? I was of the opinion, if you have master's u need to get that evaluated and you wont even be asked about your bachelor's when you apply,
Two reasons why WES needs a Bachelor degree:
1. For verification. A lot of Indians have procured a genuine Master's degree on the basis of fake Bachelor degree certificates. Something that has been going on for ages. Why do you think? WES allows candidates who did Masters from outside India to take the transcripts from the university and send it to them but enforces direct university courier on Indian university degrees

2. Many, what you call a Masters from India, are evaluated as PGD or worst Post secondary shcool Diplomas according to North American standards, that is why, WES requires you to send in your bachelor degrees so that you get points for "Two or more degrees", in a way they are doing a favor to you. For example, MBA's that are not from IIT or IIM is considered as a PGD and not a Masters.

VishalPK

Jun 12, 2019
Can someone share on an average how many working days does it take for WES to finish evaluating & share the report? I understand that the info is available on their website but I am more looking at the real experience of applicants here... Also, once the evaluation is done, do they provide a soft copy of the report (for immediate use in application) or they will only send across hard copy to Indian address (another 3-4 days wasted)?

Thanks for the info...

VishalPK

Jun 12, 2019
Read WES guidelines before you go to MU to get your wife's transcripts. While you get your wife's transcripts, also get yours simulataneously, in case, they ask you for one! They should not, but what if? Being prepared is better than agonizing over the situation.
I called & checked with mine & wife's Bachelor's and Master's colleges... Looks like they will take 15 days only to provide the transcripts. Oh God this effing Indian bureaucratic system.

On the other hand, I simply wrote to my French B-school and they wrote back in 3 hours to share my WES Reference number and that they will DISPATCH TODAY at ZERO COST! :eek::eek::eek: I was SHOCKED

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Can someone share on an average how many working days does it take for WES to finish evaluating & share the report? I understand that the info is available on their website but I am more looking at the real experience of applicants here... Also, once the evaluation is done, do they provide a soft copy of the report (for immediate use in application) or they will only send across hard copy to Indian address (another 3-4 days wasted)?

Thanks for the info...
Around 2-4 business days.

Yes, they do provide a soft copy in PDF format which you can download from your account which would contain all relevant and necessary information regarding your ECA.

Hard copies are usually received in a week or 10 days, if opted for normal delivery, 2-3 days if opted by courier.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I called & checked with mine & wife's Bachelor's and Master's colleges... Looks like they will take 15 days only to provide the transcripts. Oh God this effing Indian bureaucratic system.

On the other hand, I simply wrote to my French B-school and they wrote back in 3 hours to share my WES Reference number and that they will DISPATCH TODAY at ZERO COST! :eek::eek::eek: I was SHOCKED

Yeah, Mumbai University does that. Even DU takes 2 weeks to produce transcripts.

I did my graduation from a private institution, they took 1 business day to generate my transcripts. I submitted my application via email on Friday and got a call on Monday that my transcripts were ready for collection. There will be a day when government institutes will be as efficient as them.

Ranbir_Dhillon

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Two reasons why WES needs a Bachelor degree:
1. For verification. A lot of Indians have procured a genuine Master's degree on the basis of fake Bachelor degree certificates. Something that has been going on for ages. Why do you think? WES allows candidates who did Masters from outside India to take the transcripts from the university and send it to them but enforces direct university courier on Indian university degrees

2. Many, what you call a Masters from India, are evaluated as PGD or worst Post secondary shcool Diplomas according to North American standards, that is why, WES requires you to send in your bachelor degrees so that you get points for "Two or more degrees", in a way they are doing a favor to you. For example, MBA's that are not from IIT or IIM is considered as a PGD and not a Masters.

Hello,

Who has already done the ECA of Bachelor's with WES, will he have to send a bachelor's degree again to get a Master's ECA?

trohit920

Jul 3, 2019
Hello guys, i am wondering is it necessary to do ECA through WES of both Bachelor's and Master's degree if my Bachelor's is from India and Master's from other country (South Korea)? Please share some thoughts.

Last edited:

VishalPK

Jun 12, 2019
Yeah, Mumbai University does that. Even DU takes 2 weeks to produce transcripts.

I did my graduation from a private institution, they took 1 business day to generate my transcripts. I submitted my application via email on Friday and got a call on Monday that my transcripts were ready for collection. There will be a day when government institutes will be as efficient as them.
I am into a tempting situation on my WES application. My French Postgrad documents have reached WES & they don't display anything pending for my Indian MMS and B.Sc. which I havent shared until now (image attached. I am tempted to think that this is because maybe my French postgrad is sufficient for them to make an evaluation and they dont need my Indian degrees, and so I want to discontinue the herculean task of chasing Mum Univ authorities & sending docs to WES.

Can someone who's experienced something like this please suggest if I should give it a pass or still go ahead & get Mum University docs attested and send it to WES?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I am into a tempting situation on my WES application. My French Postgrad documents have reached WES & they don't display anything pending for my Indian MMS and B.Sc. which I havent shared until now (image attached. I am tempted to think that this is because maybe my French postgrad is sufficient for them to make an evaluation and they dont need my Indian degrees, and so I want to discontinue the herculean task of chasing Mum Univ authorities & sending docs to WES.

Can someone who's experienced something like this please suggest if I should give it a pass or still go ahead & get Mum University docs attested and send it to WES?
Usually, WES does not require bachelor documents in case of Master's awarded from non Indian universities.

Salehin Ahmed

Nov 26, 2019
I have completed my BBA from Business Collage of London,UK and MBA from State University of Bangladesh. As Im now leaving in Bangladesh as per the guidelines at website of WES it is quite impossible for me to go physically to my Institute at London and request them to forward the documents on behalf of my, though I have send them mails but they are not responding at all. Would you please advice .. will my Master's Degree will be enough for your evaluation as my university from Bangladesh can arrange the documents to you as per your guideline also they may support for any kind of responses from your end. Please advice.. Im planning to move abroad with my Family and the whole process is stuck just because of this unwanted circumstances. Looking forward for a good advice from your end.

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
I have completed my BBA from Business Collage of London,UK and MBA from State University of Bangladesh. As Im now leaving in Bangladesh as per the guidelines at website of WES it is quite impossible for me to go physically to my Institute at London and request them to forward the documents on behalf of my, though I have send them mails but they are not responding at all. Would you please advice .. will my Master's Degree will be enough for your evaluation as my university from Bangladesh can arrange the documents to you as per your guideline also they may support for any kind of responses from your end. Please advice.. Im planning to move abroad with my Family and the whole process is stuck just because of this unwanted circumstances. Looking forward for a good advice from your end.
WES most likely wont evaluate just the masters for you. They'll ask for Bachelor's degree and transcripts as well.

If you want only your masters to be evaluated you may raise your ECA request with ICES or IQAS.

But please verify that your master's will be recognized as masters degree. Otherwise you wont be able to claim any points for it.

In case of WES, even if your master's degree equivalence does not come as master's degree, you would atleast be able to claim points for dual degree. It would be your call eventually.

Salehin Ahmed

Nov 26, 2019
Well as I was checking on the WES website, It seems like they have my University Name (of Bangladesh) on the list of institute while I put their name. does that mean it is recognized??? I am bit confused. Would you please clarify..?

Prath91

Dec 9, 2019
Hi,
I am fairly new to this WES game and would appreciate some guidance.

I have a 2-year master's degree in hospitality from Torrens university in Australia and a bachelor's in hospitality from NCHMCT in India. I am confused about whether I need to include my bachelor's degree along with my master's degree in my application with WES. Honestly, I am trying to avoid dealing with IGNOU or NCHMCT given their pace and efficiency of work. Anybody who has had the same or a similar situation please help.

best regards

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi,
I am fairly new to this WES game and would appreciate some guidance.

I have a 2-year master's degree in hospitality from Torrens university in Australia and a bachelor's in hospitality from NCHMCT in India. I am confused about whether I need to include my bachelor's degree along with my master's degree in my application with WES. Honestly, I am trying to avoid dealing with IGNOU or NCHMCT given their pace and efficiency of work. Anybody who has had the same or a similar situation please help.

best regards
You can check on WES website if they need a bachelor's degree to be evaluated for masters done in Australia.

They ask for bachelor's evaluation if the masters is done in India. With Australia it may or may not be same.

You can even submit this query via the contact us option and they'll get back to you.

Prath91

Dec 9, 2019
You can check on WES website if they need a bachelor's degree to be evaluated for masters done in Australia.

They ask for bachelor's evaluation if the masters is done in India. With Australia it may or may not be same.

You can even submit this query via the contact us option and they'll get back to you.
Yep just did that..thanks mate