+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Guys!
1. I have another question, it is neccesary to fill the form "Request-Official-Academic-Records " if i am sending myself the envelope to CES?
2. In the envelope I should only send this official record, no my degree or anything else right ?

Thanks !
1. Not necessary
2. Just the official record, on its sealed envelope

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Where did you do your Masters? If it was in India, I have seen mixed results, some people get Masters equivalency others 1-year PG diploma equivalency. Technically, you could send them additional documents, but I think that they would not take your WES ECA into consideration because it is from another agency. Did WES give you 1-year PG equivalency for your Masters? Or did they give you 4-year Bachelors equivalency with your 2 diplomas (4+2)?
Thanks @Luckbychance for you response. Really Appreciate it.

Yes , I did my masters from India, Master of Arts in Social Work (MA) from Tata Institute. Before that I completed my Engineering B.Tech of 4 years. WES had given the evaluation as "Postgraduate diploma (one year)". WES evaluation summary- Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year).

I had written to CES asking if they need me to send any additional documents. They said that since I am getting only master evaluated, I am not required to share my document. Only of they require, they will write back to me asking for the same.
Based on your experience , do you think they might give master. I have heard that in some cases they give only 1 years of master. But that will be enough for me to get additional CRS score. Hopefully marks for Master is same, be it 1 yr or 2 yr. Look forward to your response.

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Thanks @thephdguy for you response. Really Appreciate it.

Yes , I did my masters from India, Master of Arts in Social Work (MA) from Tata Institute. Before that I completed my Engineering B.Tech of 4 years. WES had given the evaluation as "Postgraduate diploma (one year)". WES evaluation summary- Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year).

I had written to CES asking if they need me to send any additional documents. They said that since I am getting only master evaluated, I am not required to share my document. Only of they require, they will write back to me asking for the same.
Based on your experience , do you think they might give master. I have heard that in some cases they give only 1 years of master. But that will be enough for me to get additional CRS score. Hopefully marks for Master is same, be it 1 yr or 2 yr. Look forward to your response.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks @thephdguy for you response. Really Appreciate it.

Maybe they'll give you 2-year equivalency, but I'm not sure. Most of the people with Indian masters that have obtained Masters equivalency that I've read about are MBA holders. I would say you have a 50/50 chance. Good luck!

IamMuzzu43

Apr 9, 2020
I have B.Tech(4 years) degree from JNTU Hyderabad + MBA (2 years) from Osmania University, I am from India.
I have checked on WES Degree Equivalency Tool, results are:

Country of Education:India
Name of Degree:Master of Business Administration
Name of Institution:Osmania University
Equivalency in U.S.:Bachelor's and master's degree

1. Can anybody help me? what does this means? Finally a master's or any 1 year course equivalency or just a bachelors?
2. If Masters, can I go with WES and evaluate only masters credentials? or should I go with CES and evaluate only masters?
3. If WES, should I submit both bachelors and masters certificates, else CES should I submit both bachelors and masters certificates?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated :)

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I have B.Tech(4 years) degree from JNTU Hyderabad + MBA (2 years) from Osmania University, I am from India.
I have checked on WES Degree Equivalency Tool, results are:

Equivalency in U.S.:Bachelor's and master's degree

1. Can anybody help me? what does this means? Finally a master's or any 1 year course equivalency or just a bachelors?
2. If Masters, can I go with WES and evaluate only masters credentials? or should I go with CES and evaluate only masters?
3. If WES, should I submit both bachelors and masters certificates, else CES should I submit both bachelors and masters certificates?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated :)
For WES, you need to send both Bachelors and Masters as WES considers MBA from India as PG Diploma unless your MBA is from IIM. You can claim points for two certificates in this case.

IamMuzzu43

Apr 9, 2020
For WES, you need to send both Bachelors and Masters as WES considers MBA from India as PG Diploma unless your MBA is from IIM. You can claim points for two certificates in this case.
In WES tool it is showing Masters degree for me, Results:

Equivalency in U.S.:Master's degree

Could you please elaborate on this "You can claim points for two certificates in this case."

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
In WES tool it is showing Masters degree for me, Results:

Equivalency in U.S.:Master's degree

Could you please elaborate on this "You can claim points for two certificates in this case."
That tool is useless. WES changed their evaluation rules for Indian MBA only since Dec 2018, if your MBA degree is from an institution other than IIT/IIM in India, they evaluate it as PG Diploma instead of a Masters degree which will give you 7 CRS points less for education. Other ECA organizations gives Indian MBA Masters equivalency but their processing time is almost 6 months and I am not sure which other ECA organizations does this. Check other threads in this forum regarding this, there are plenty with a ton of useful information

IamMuzzu43

Apr 9, 2020
So going with CES and evaluating only Masters(MBA) is sufficient or need to include Bachelors(B.Tech) is also required? What would you prefer guys?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
So going with CES and evaluating only Masters(MBA) is sufficient or need to include Bachelors(B.Tech) is also required? What would you prefer guys?
Be prepared to wait upto 6 months or more to get everything done with CES
They have increased the TAT to 16 weeks, plus u neither can get the transcript now nor courier it now to CES

IamMuzzu43

Apr 9, 2020
Be prepared to wait upto 6 months or more to get everything done with CES
They have increased the TAT to 16 weeks, plus u neither can get the transcript now nor courier it now to CES
Yeah this is all due to Covid-19 outbreak. Right know I am researching and get it ready asap things get normal i'll apply quickly. But in a dilemma whether to evaluate only MBA or MBA+B.Tech.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Yeah this is all due to Covid-19 outbreak. Right know I am researching and get it ready asap things get normal i'll apply quickly. But in a dilemma whether to evaluate only MBA or MBA+B.Tech.
Better do both, if you have evaluated neither of them

GEOSAC20

Jan 20, 2020
I started my application with CES on January 15th, 2020. I submitted it on January 16th. After submission, I immediately requested an electronic/pdf copy of my transcript, from my US University, to be sent to CES, via CredentialSolutions. On the 17th, I called CredentialSolutions to make sure they had sent my transcript. After that I called CES to confirm they actually received it. But they checked for a while and told me they would send me an email to confirm. So, they didn't tell me if they actually received it. So I waited and checked my application and my email every 30 minutes. On January 20th, I receive two emails one from CredentialSolutions and the other from CES confirming my transcript was delivered and downloaded, and was received, respectively. I immediately checked my CES application and the first 2 steps( initial review in progress, transcript received) were "complete". Now, I am waiting for the next step.
On April 27, the next 2 steps were completed. Before that, I had received an email saying that Civid-19 would slow the processing of applications. Now, I am waiting for the last 2 steps to be completed.

nakhterrana

Jan 28, 2020
Guys, I need help as this has become very frustrating for me.

I have submitted my application on Jan 16 and according to courier my documents were delivered on 20th Jan. But on CES application status page, it was updated on 15th Jan that my transcripts were received but since then there is no progress.

Weird thing is that Step 1: Initial review in Progress is still Incomplte
but Step 2: Transcripts received is complete.

Can any of you had this situation and what should I do now ?

TIA
Nadeem