+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Mariaz2020 is right, WES does not charge you for all your credentials, they do the assessment of all of them and give you ONE equivalency. From what Mariaz2020 is saying, I doubt any ECA organization would give them Masters equivalency. Three year BSc is not something you see often on the Western hemisphere, but it is very common elsewhere.

Also, historically, per posts on this very same thread, you can see that many people have done 3+2 programs, totaling 5 years, and CES gives most of them (not all) 4 year Bachelor + 1 year PG diploma. From all the posts I have read, I find that it is kind of hard to obtain Masters equivalency with one year Masters programs or having done a bachelor program of less than 4 years.

MrsMathur

Jul 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have few doubts regarding eca from Ces .

I have got my btech evaluated from Wes and they gave it equivalency of 4 years bachelor.

now I have completed my one year PG diploma and sent transcripts to CES.

so my query is that do I need to send my graduation transcripts to CES also.? Additionally I haven’t uploaded my transcripts on ces portal as they came to me in sealed envelope and just uploaded a copy of my provisional certificate. Will that impact my application ?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I have few doubts regarding eca from Ces .

I have got my btech evaluated from Wes and they gave it equivalency of 4 years bachelor.

now I have completed my one year PG diploma and sent transcripts to CES.

so my query is that do I need to send my graduation transcripts to CES also.? Additionally I haven’t uploaded my transcripts on ces portal as they came to me in sealed envelope and just uploaded a copy of my provisional certificate. Will that impact my application ?
What do you mean graduation transcripts? You need to send an official copy of your transcripts to CES. I don't know what the difference would be between graduation transcripts and official transcripts. Most colleges let you download unofficial transcripts which you can upload to your application.

If you are actually talking about your diploma, maybe a provisional certificate may work, since, in the end, they are checking your official transcript and it should state that your degree has been awarded. When in doubt, contact them.

MrsMathur

Jul 11, 2019
By Graduation Transcripts I meant by Btech Transcripts which i did from PTU and got my Degree evaluated by WES.
Now, I completed PG Dimploma from some other university and Sent only Diploma's Transcripts to CES. However my Transcripts were delievered yesterday by DHL Express. Could you please let me know how many days it would take to reflect the status as Transcripts received in my Application?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
By Graduation Transcripts I meant by Btech Transcripts which i did from PTU and got my Degree evaluated by WES.
Now, I completed PG Dimploma from some other university and Sent only Diploma's Transcripts to CES. However my Transcripts were delievered yesterday by DHL Express. Could you please let me know how many days it would take to reflect the status as Transcripts received in my Application?
I don't personally know as mine were sent electronically due to where I studied. Most people I've read on this thread said that anything between 15 days to 25 days.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
In my case it took 28 days
DHL receiving-9th jan
status update -7th feb

be patient

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi

Anyone has gone for the General Application route and sent the documents online through TrueCopy and provide me the timeline? I am in the process of the evaluation of my undergrad degree for TN.

farhan1985

Mar 12, 2020
Dear All,

I have done 2 years bachelors (B.A) and 3 years Masters (MBA). I am applying for Evaluation from University of Toronto CES service. Please guide me about following

1. Should I apply only to evaluate my Masters degree or apply for both Masters degree as well as Bachelors degree ?
2. Do I need the original hard copy of assessment or just email (soft copy) from the evaluator is enough to apply for Canadian Immigration ?

Thanks in Advance

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear All,

I have done 2 years bachelors (B.A) and 3 years Masters (MBA). I am applying for Evaluation from University of Toronto CES service. Please guide me about following

1. Should I apply only to evaluate my Masters degree or apply for both Masters degree as well as Bachelors degree ?
2. Do I need the original hard copy of assessment or just email (soft copy) from the evaluator is enough to apply for Canadian Immigration ?

Thanks in Advance
1. I haven't heard about people with 3 year Masters getting ECAs from CES, but I think that you probably should only evaluate Masters. Hopefully, it would be deemed as such.
2. To apply, any of those work. It basically depends on what your timeline is for your other documents. If the ECA is the last thing you need to complete your EE profile, you don't live in the US or Canada, and the next round of invitation is less than a week away, it will probably be good to request a PDF copy (CAN$30).

JayDave94

Nov 29, 2019
    • Submitted Oct 22, 2019
    • Courier Delivered on Dec 6, 2019
  • APPLICATION STATUS
    • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress - 18th Jan 2020
    • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received - 18th Jan 2020
    • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
    • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
    • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
    • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
  • Can anyone help me still how much it is going to take? I'm losing my patience.

Can you tell me approx. How much time it is going to take? Any tentative dates?

Last edited:

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
    • Submitted Oct 22, 2019
    • Courier Delivered on Dec 6, 2019
  • APPLICATION STATUS
    • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress - 18th Jan 2020
    • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received - 18th Jan 2020
    • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
    • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
    • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
    • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
  • Can anyone help me still how much it is going to take? I'm losing my patience.

Can you tell me approx. How much time it is going to take? Any tentative dates?
Well, normally your processing time starts after step 2 is completed. So 15 weeks (current processing time per recent posts) after 18th January you should be getting your ECA dispatched. Good luck!

praveen2019

Dec 19, 2018
Hi All,

I have completed B.com ( regular ) and M.com ( distance) , so in this case, does CES give masters . One of my classmate with same qualifications has got 1 year masters from IQAS.

Does CES also provides 1 yr masters like IQAS