+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I received "Two-year post-Bachelor Diploma" equivalency for 2 year PGDM from IMT , form CES UoT. This equivalency doesn't match to any of the outcomes mentioned on the cic website. Could you please tell what would could be my possible score for this, and would I need to get my Bachelor's ECA as well?
I think that your equivalency falls under the "Two or more certificates..." category, in which one of them must have taken "3 years or more" to complete. I find it weird that they did not give you Masters equivalency. To claim points for "Two or more certificates" I believe you must also get an ECA for your Bachelor's.

Reactions: blahblah42

Zaje

Jan 17, 2020
Anyone who recently received ECA from CES please share your timeline. My transcript was received by CES on 06-Jan-2020 they updated this in system on 05-Feb-2020 after that no update as of yet.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Anyone who recently received ECA from CES please share your timeline. My transcript was received by CES on 06-Jan-2020 they updated this in system on 05-Feb-2020 after that no update as of yet.
I have sent mine on Dec 08
Even the status of my application is just received. My friend who has sent the docs during the month of October has just got the ECA
So embrace to wait the next 3 to 4 months
Simply because the whole of India, I guess, has sent their degrees to CES
This has heavily affected their SLA

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I can't answer #1, nor any of the other questions people have asked about their degrees. It is very difficult for someone to tell you that your title will be assessed as Masters. From what I've read, most applicants with Master degrees from India do not get Masters equivalency by WES nor CES. But I mean, who knows?

2. If you get Masters then select Masters.

3, You just have to show your highest degree, so you'd only have to show your Masters.
All of my friends who studied MBA from Chennai, Hyderabad, Gujarat, Kerala and from other places have got Masters equivalency.
If you are a PG diploma holder, then yes, no Masters equivalency
If the certificate reads MBA, then it is 100% MBA equivalency given by CES
Who said to you that CES is not giving MBA equivalency to an MBA degree of India?

Oct 31, 2015
Hello,

I have a query. CES mentions on their website the fee for ECA as $210 per credential.

So by PER CREDENTIAL they mean one degree? meaning if I have to get Bachelors and Masters Assessed for ECA I will be paying $210 + $210 =$420 in total?

Oct 31, 2015
Also, In order to get points for Masters Degree in SINP, Do I need to get ECA for both Bachelors degree and Masters degree or just aply for Masters ECA?

dean.h

Feb 1, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-04-2020
  • Submitted Oct 1, 2019
  • Approved Feb 24, 2020
  1. Completed. Initial Review In Progress - 9 October, 2019
  2. Completed. Transcript(s) Received - 23 October, 2019
  3. Completed. Initial Review Complete - 11 February, 2020
  4. Completed. Assessment In Progress - 14 February, 2020
  5. Completed. Assessment Decision Made - 20 February, 2020
  6. Completed. Decision Dispatched - 24 February, 2020
After a long loooong wait (5 months including the delivery + 2 weeks year-end pause) this stressful wait is finally over. Cant wait to hold the papers in my hand and to finalize my EE application hoping for an ITA on 4th March.
Hope everything goes well for you too guys

Reactions: northern sunshine

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
All of my friends who studied MBA from Chennai, Hyderabad, Gujarat, Kerala and from other places have got Masters equivalency.
If you are a PG diploma holder, then yes, no Masters equivalency
If the certificate reads MBA, then it is 100% MBA equivalency given by CES
Who said to you that CES is not giving MBA equivalency to an MBA degree of India?
If you read through the replies to this post you will see that people have posted that they have not gotten Master's equivalency. I never said MBA specifically, I was talking about Master degrees in general. Hopefully everyone with a Master's degree gets their Master's equivalency.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,

I have a query. CES mentions on their website the fee for ECA as $210 per credential.

So by PER CREDENTIAL they mean one degree? meaning if I have to get Bachelors and Masters Assessed for ECA I will be paying $210 + $210 =$420 in total?
This is totally correct.

Mariaz2020

Mar 2, 2020
Hello all,

I thought I would share my experience with you since I don't see a lot of posts regarding UofT's CES as an option for ECA.

Firstly, I am a US citizen in the United States, and I only had my Master of Science (chemistry) from a US university assessed through CES. That being said, your results may vary. :)

My timeline:
Jan 23, 2018: Application started​
Feb 6, 2018: Application submitted​
Feb 8, 2018: Transcript sent​
Mar 22, 2018: 1. Initial Review In Progress​
2. Transcript(s) Received​
3. Initial Review Complete​
April 24, 2018: 4. Assessment in Progress​
April 25, 2018: 5. Assessment Decision Made - digital copy emailed to me; physical copy will be sent shortly ("6. Decision dispatched").​

I do not know exactly when the transcript was received because I sent it without tracking. All I know is that one day I logged in and suddenly the checklist went from nothing to steps 1-3 checked off. I do know that it usually takes 1-2 weeks for my letters to be sent from the US to Canada.

The process:
The process to apply for my ECA was, in my opinion, fairly easy, and they try to make it easy to get what you need. UofT uses the same website that they use for other School of Continuing Studies programs, so the login portal is the same as the students use.

Once you've created your profile, CES will send you an email with your (temporary) password, which you can then use to log into the student portal and click on "My Applications" on the left-hand bar to access your ECA application. You will be assigned a student number, which you see on the top right of page once you've logged in.

Under My Applications, you get a checklist of things to fill out, and if you have any questions, you can contact them either by phone or email. I had a question regarding the duration of my Masters program since it was a 5-year condensed B.A./M.Sc. program, and they responded to my email within a day. If you're wondering, I ended up listing the duration as 1 year, since I technically finished my B.A. about a year before I finished my M.Sc. Everything came out fine.

Applicants must start here. They make it very clear what your expectations should be right at the top of the page and offer a tool that explains exactly which documents you need to provide for verification depending on your country. In my case, since I'm from the US and it was a US university, I had to provide a digital copy of my transcripts (front and back), a digital copy of my actual degree (front and back), and a physical transcript sent directly from the issuing university to CES. In order to get the digital copy of my transcript for my application, I had to have a transcript sent to me so that I could scan it.

Once you've completed all the fields and made your selections, you can submit your application. You do not pay for anything until you've finished filling out your profile. The fee when I applied was $210 CAD per credential + mailing fee (if outside of Canada, or if you want tracking) + HST (13% tax on anything beyond the assessment fee).

And then... you wait. They will check off the boxes on their end as they progress through your application, although in my case, steps 1-3 were completed simultaneously, then nothing for another month, and then 4, 5, and (I'm assuming) 6 within the span of a few days. I found this page explaining what each item on their list meant to be very helpful. It's not an easy page to find, though, so I think they should provide a link to it on the application page.

Now, when I applied, the estimated processing time was 14 weeks. Additionally:

As of today, the processing time is now quoted at 12 weeks, but if you're paying attention, you'll notice that my timeline was much shorter than that. Less than 5 weeks, actually, from the date they confirmed receipt and acceptance of my documents. I'm as surprised as you are.

Results:
The soft copy emailed to me is an actual scan of the physical document that they will be sending me in the mail. CES locks the document with a code (explained in the email) to protect your privacy. CES asks you to review the document for any discrepancies and contact them within 24 hours; if they hear nothing from you, they assume that no updates are needed and dispatch your physical copies.

The document is signed by the assessor and states the equivalency both above and below the details of my M.Sc. The document is issued on watermarked paper, and the reverse side details the purpose, standards, and process involved in the ECA.

In the end, my one-ish year M.Sc. was rated as equivalent to a Canadian "Master's degree from a recognized university." :) Looking forward to creating my EE profile!
Kinldy help me I have done my Masters in 4 year (3 years of BSc honours and Msc in year) do I need to apply for 2 credentials or I can do it in one credential.
I more thing as I am from Pakistan what kind of delivery type would I preferred in less charges?

Mariaz2020

Mar 2, 2020
I. I have done my Masters in Biotechnology in 4 years. Bsc honour in 3 years and MSc in 1 year do I need to send both documents or can I send it through one credential or I need to pay double for it.
2.I am having confusion in delivery types what kind of delivery type should I select as I am from Pakistan kindly help me.

Zaje

Jan 17, 2020
I. I have done my Masters in Biotechnology in 4 years. Bsc honour in 3 years and MSc in 1 year do I need to send both documents or can I send it through one credential or I need to pay double for it.
2.I am having confusion in delivery types what kind of delivery type should I select as I am from Pakistan kindly help me.
I am also from Pakistan and i don't think you have any option available other than courier which costs you $90, unless you have someone in Canada who can pick it for you directly from CES office.

Further, according to my opinion you should avoid taking any chance and send both of your degrees for ECA otherwise they mighy equate your one year Masters with one year diploma or so.

Please be sure that above post is based solely on my opinion and not an expert's advice.

Zaje

Jan 17, 2020
If you send both documents, you are required to pay $210 for each degree.

Zaje

Jan 17, 2020
What if I uplaod both degree in one credential as wes is not asking for another charges thay are asking all in one.
Its not about uploading, you have to provide details of all credintial which you wants to be evaluated and they only consider that document not all what you have uploaded.

As far as WES is concerned i dont have any experience with them but i doubt what you are saying.