+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nopes, there’s a clause that states you can share transcripts yourself if the university handover the transcripts to you - but should be sealed envelope by the university!! Hope it helps
I dropped the ball on this one. This is 100% true.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
1) I don't remember two spaces to fill out. In my case, transcripts have a date (day/month/year) in which the degree was awarded. If there are two spaces, I believe you can put the same dates.

2) This should be okay.

Thamizh94

Dec 18, 2019
Hi Guys,
I want to apply for ECA, since WES will be evaluating my MBA from University of Madras as PG diploma, I want to go with CES. Please can anybody suggest whether I would Masters equivalency for my MBA from Madras University? Has anybody from the same university with MBA got Masters equivalency here?

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
The text is self explanatory though!!
Date issued : it is generally a month or so late or may be later, it’s when it was printed and handed over- it was there on my degree- but I won’t risk generalising it without seeing yours, have a close look might be you could find it- a fine print

date awarded: the date you deemed to graduate- again the degree states so and so degree awarded in the month of <> to <> so this date should be used.

whatever is given on your degree should be mentioned - mm/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy

please check with your university guidelines to read your degree. It’s important to not mess with these dates, as it’s already a lengthy process.

cheers

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi Guys,
I want to apply for ECA, since WES will be evaluating my MBA from University of Madras as PG diploma, I want to go with CES. Please can anybody suggest whether I would Masters equivalency for my MBA from Madras University? Has anybody from the same university with MBA got Masters equivalency here?
Hello - No one can tell you that, that purely depends on your degree as-well. If you have 4 yearrs degree and MBA, then high chances of getting masters, if you have 3+2 years of education then try your luck.

Thamizh94

Dec 18, 2019
Hello - No one can tell you that, that purely depends on your degree as-well. If you have 4 yearrs degree and MBA, then high chances of getting masters, if you have 3+2 years of education then try your luck.
Thanks harish010188 for your reply, I have a 4 year U.G(B.E) and M.B.A, have anybody you know got masters equivalency for MBA from any other university other than IITs or IIMs with CES. If yes then could you pls let me know when they got the report?

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Thanks harish010188 for your reply, I have a 4 year U.G(B.E) and M.B.A, have anybody you know got masters equivalency for MBA from any other university other than IITs or IIMs with CES. If yes then could you pls let me know when they got the report?
Yes few of them got Masters equivalency for 4+2 yrs of education from Osmania university, read in this forums only.. Usually it takes 12-14 weeks to get the report. Call them and check on your university before applying... just to be on safe side

Thamizh94

Dec 18, 2019
Yes few of them got Masters equivalency for 4+2 yrs of education from Osmania university, read in this forums only.. Usually it takes 12-14 weeks to get the report. Call them and check on your university before applying... just to be on safe side
Yes harish i called them to check if my university is recognized for masters but they said they can tell that only after applying. You mentioned few people got masters equivalency in this forum, is it based on marks secured attained in the degree also? I got only second class in my MBA. Does that hurt the chances of getting masters equivalency? Actually i contacted a consultancy, they said CES also has changed the policy and gives only pg diplomo these days, they said some people get mba and some get pg diplomo from CES and asked me to go with WES. Is that right?

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Yes harish i called them to check if my university is recognized for masters but they said they can tell that only after applying. You mentioned few people got masters equivalency in this forum, is it based on marks secured attained in the degree also? I got only second class in my MBA. Does that hurt the chances of getting masters equivalency? Actually i contacted a consultancy, they said CES also has changed the policy and gives only pg diplomo these days, they said some people get mba and some get pg diplomo from CES and asked me to go with WES. Is that right?
Hi Mate - When you call CES just enquire if your university is in approved list or not and they can't commit over the phone that you'll get masters or not. And ECA outcome will be based on the education years and not on the % of marks you obtained. So dont worry on your marks. CES has high chances of giving you Masters as you've 4+2 years of education.

Taking my case as eg: I have 3+2 years of education and from WES i got "Two or more degrees", now for my spouse i opted CES. She also has 3+2 years of education and we opted CES instead of WES and trying our luck to get masters. Outcome expected in Jan end.

Majority of forum members say that 4+2 years education will get Masters, just hope for the best and try. Good luck.

Thamizh94

Dec 18, 2019
Hi Mate - When you call CES just enquire if your university is in approved list or not and they can't commit over the phone that you'll get masters or not. And ECA outcome will be based on the education years and not on the % of marks you obtained. So dont worry on your marks. CES has high chances of giving you Masters as you've 4+2 years of education.

Taking my case as eg: I have 3+2 years of education and from WES i got "Two or more degrees", now for my spouse i opted CES. She also has 3+2 years of education and we opted CES instead of WES and trying our luck to get masters. Outcome expected in Jan end.

Majority of forum members say that 4+2 years education will get Masters, just hope for the best and try. Good luck.
Thanks harish for explaining, i too asked them the same whether my university is in their approved list or not, but they said they said they dont have any such approved list and said if the university is not recognized by them then fee will be refunded. Anyway i am going to apply amd try my luck. One more thing do i need to send both my masters and ug for evaluation or only masters?

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019

Hi Harish- to best of my knowledge, they compare the subjects for equivalencies with what is taught in Canadian universities for granting evaluation report more than the number of years of UG. I am expecting mine too by end of Jan, so let’s wait and be optimistic !

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
As of today, just step 2 is listed as completed. I have high hopes for this week, which is the last week before they take a 2-week break. Other people have experienced this and get steps 1 and 3-6 completed in less than 2 days, so that's what I'm hoping for.
I guess we are in the January waitlist now! Sigh.