+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All

If I have submitted my application to IQES/CES, do i have to wait till i get my certification (12-20 WEEKS) from there before i apply in the pool? Or can i do it concurrently with the best case assumption
You need the certification to put your name in the EE pool so you wait. You can’t make assumptions and create a profile.

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Any idea when they will start reviewing the October applications. My document recieved by CES on 30 Oct, but no update afterwards...
My documents were delivered by DHL on October 18. I've not received a single update so far. Anybody in a similar situation?
I agree. My transcripts were delivered on Oct 22, still no update.
Has anyone get updates from CES with similar timeline?
Hey all. Did you get any update recently? I think we all have applied in Same month.

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Hey all. Did you get any update recently? I think we all have applied in Same month.
Hi everyone!

Also had my transcript delivered in the end of October. I think we have to wait 4 weeks to get our C3 step. The last time I saw someone getting his C3, he received his C2 on the 22th of September.

Droiddrapper could received it in 3 weeks "already" :)

Keep us posted.

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone!

Also had my transcript delivered in the end of October. I think we have to wait 4 weeks to get our C3 step. The last time I saw someone getting his C3, he received his C2 on the 22th of September.

Droiddrapper could received it in 3 weeks "already" :)

Keep us posted.
They received my electronic transcript and degree from my university on 27th October (*received email from CES on 13th Nov). However, my C1 and C2 is still pending.

Last edited:

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
They received my electronic transcript and degree from my university on 27th October (*received email from CES on 13th Nov). However, my C1 and C2 is still pending.
They received electronic copy of my certificate on 9 September but still not even step 2 completed. I emailed to ces last month and They replied, they I’ll get my assessment done by 24 January. Still nothing.:(

Reactions: trushitpatel

manveer1414

May 29, 2017
I heard after the holidays, probably from this week, CES is planned to work on September applications thereafter followed by the October applications.

Expecting to hear from them in mid-Feb only. Extended Toronto Lockdown is another headache.:rolleyes:

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Looks like I am here for the long haul.
My university had sent transcripts electronically in late December.
Step 1 completed yesterday for me.

If they are processing September 2020 applications, my turn will be in April-May 2021

safatio

Nov 23, 2020
I haven't received any update yet. I sent an email to ask them if they have received my package and they admitted that my package is delivered to them but is not matched to my application yet.

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
I haven't received any update yet. I sent an email to ask them if they have received my package and they admitted that my package is delivered to them but is not matched to my application yet.
That’s very strange. I don’t understand how they work. It’s frustrating.

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
They received electronic copy of my certificate on 9 September but still not even step 2 completed. I emailed to ces last month and They replied, they I’ll get my assessment done by 24 January. Still nothing.:(
I hope they will do it as per their words. But they even said that processing time between C2 and C3 is 10 weeks.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
Thanks for your reply! I was going to go with CES because I read somewhere that WES sometimes consider a BTEC National Diploma Level 3 to only be equivalent to one Canadian semester, whereas CES sometimes evaluate it as 2 years.

If length of time doesn't matter either way towards selecting the "Two or More degrees/diplomas" option on Express Entry, I'll go with WES instead. "The two or more..." option is critical to me getting a realistic CRS score.

Does anyone know WES approx current turnaround time for ECA? Thanks so much.
WES is really fast these days. I had applied through CES in September and am still awaiting. I literally gave up and applied through WES in November. I got my ECA within 20 days (Two or more degrees/diploma - I have done B.S. and MBA). Make sure the transcripts are sent electronically. This will save you time. I have seen cases where WES has given ECA in 10 days as well if your institution submits your documents electronically. Best of luck.

hemant21

Jan 5, 2021
Absolutely. You will get a pdf copy by email which is all you need.
Do we need to send ECA to IRCC? WES does it but CES is not. Will it add more time in processing? Whats the process to send ECA copy to IRCC
" CES will not send your assessment report to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on your behalf, because IRCC only accepts original reports submitted directly by applicants. "

hemant21

Jan 5, 2021
Received my eca report Today.
timiline.
C1. 04/08/20.
c2. 04/08/20.
c3. 02/12/20.
c4. 02/12/20
c5. 05/12/20.
c6. 05/12/20.

answers to some general question.
1. I did my mba regular 2 years from sabarmati uni and got the credential for masters from recognised institute
2. My uni sent the documents electronically.
3. I had dropped a total of 2 mails to ces. First 1 on 10/09/20 and 2nd on 01/12/20 regarding my process as they state clearly that you can contact them if it has been over 10 weeks since yours c2 was marked done.
4. I sent only the masters degree.
5. I did not make any calls to ces.
6. I waited for their response after each mail instead of dropping multiple mails.
Hi , As per CES they dont send ECA copy to IRCC. Whats the process? Once i get my ECA can i upload it in express entry?
CES will not send your assessment report to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on your behalf, because IRCC only accepts original reports submitted directly by applicants. "

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
I emailed CES regarding my application status yesterday and I got reply today.

“As per our prior notifications via email and on our account, you will be aware that CES received the institutional documents XYZ, India on October 28. Your transcripts were sent electronically which puts you in the ETR queue. The processing times for this queue are estimated at 15-20 weeks from the date of receipt of institutional transcripts. All is on track with your application to-date.”

I think they are forwarding the common email to everyone. In their website they mentioned they take less time if our university send electronic documents. But here they take same time for both who submitted physical copy and electronic documents.

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Do we need to send ECA to IRCC? WES does it but CES is not. Will it add more time in processing? Whats the process to send ECA copy to IRCC
" CES will not send your assessment report to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on your behalf, because IRCC only accepts original reports submitted directly by applicants. "
No idea about it. When you get ITA, you anyway have to upload the ECA report, if they need to physically verify it, they should contact you directly.

I have not read anywhere that CES report is used differently from WES report based on my knowledge through YouTube videos