+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Hi, Kind of stupid question, CES sends the ECA through e-mail or do we need mandatory hard copy? I am trying to avoid paying extra 110 CAD for delivery charges.
Initially soft copy work.
Option 1: You can give your friend's address (who currently in Canada).
Option 2: choose to pick up option and once you get your desired ECA you can apply for a duplicate copy (to your international address or your friend's address)

Reactions: Flyhighcanada2021

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Documents(emailed by University) received by CES on 09 September 2020

Step 1 completed 09/09/2020
Step 2 not completed
Step 3 not completed
Step 4 not completed
Step 5 not completed
Step 6 not completed

I got this email from CES yesterday after I emailed them.

Your file is in queue for review. Everything is currently on track and progressing normally.

Your file is in queue for review. Regarding the expected timeline: prior to the COVID-19 interruption, the average processing time was 15 weeks from the date when all required documents were received by CES (September 9 in your case). We are doing our best to maintain the 15-20 week processing time for new applications, in particular those where the official transcripts were submitted electronically. Currently, the Assessment Team is finalizing applications where all documents were received in August. Therefore you can expect to hear from them about the finalization of your report in January.
Your report is close to being completed.

Please keep checking your email regularly as you are now in the final phase before your application is completed. They may reach out to you before the holidays but if not, certainly will in January.
Good. Now consider 9th September as the initial date.

Zeegirl

Dec 14, 2020
Hello everyone.

this is my predicament and to be honest I am frustrated and tired and regret using CES.

DATE
  • Started Mar 2, 2020
  • Submitted Mar 16, 2020
FOLLOW YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received (September 22nd)
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatchedhow much longer and they aren’t replying my mail.

Last edited:

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hello everyone.

this is my predicament and to be honest I am frustrated and tired and regret using CES.

DATE
  • Started Mar 2, 2020
  • Submitted Mar 16, 2020
FOLLOW YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received (September 22nd)
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatchedhow much longer and they aren’t replying my mail.
It takes two weeks now for emails to be replied. I keep saying it, using U of T CES is one of the biggest mistake I made. My transcript got delivered in December 2nd 2019 and my application was just completed on Friday the 11th of December 2020. IT took a whole year. Lol I even gave up on them and had to use WES. NEVER AGAIN!

List of excuses are but not limited to: 1)Your application is in queue 2) We have a backlog 3)We have increased the processing time 4) Processing time is 60 days but don't count the holiday break 5) Your application will be completed by the second week of March 6) Yes your application was supposed to be completed last week but we are working from home now 7) We finally have access to our office your application is in queue......... IT WAS A STRUGGLE!

Reactions: matrixreloded

Zeegirl

Dec 14, 2020
It takes two weeks now for emails to be replied. I keep saying it, using U of T CES is one of the biggest mistakes I made. My transcript got delivered in December 2nd 2019 and my application was just completed on Friday the 11th of December 2020. IT took a whole year. Lol I even gave up on them and had to use WES. NEVER AGAIN!

List of excuses are but not limited to: 1)Your application is in queue 2) We have a backlog 3)We have increased the processing time 4) Processing time is 60 days but don't count the holiday break 5) Your application will be completed by the second week of March 6) Yes your application was supposed to be completed last week but we are working from home now 7) We finally have access to our office your application is in queue. IT WAS A STRUGGLE!
A whole year? The is so disappointing. Omg.
The thing is, I tried wes dec 2019 but they don’t evaluate documents from my school so I couldn’t go through with them and that’s how I ended up here. I honestly don’t know what to do anymore.

co2020

May 31, 2020
A whole year? The is so disappointing. Omg.
The thing is, I tried wes dec 2019 but they don’t evaluate documents from my school so I couldn’t go through with them and that’s how I ended up here. I honestly don’t know what to do anymore.
I totally understand. I was disappointed also because my friends all used WES and got theirs within a month. I had a choice but made a bad decision imagine how painful that is.

Yours will not take up to a year though. At least the lockdown isn't affecting schools. But at least four months. Just keep sending them emails. You cant do anything other than that.

Last edited:

Zeegirl

Dec 14, 2020
I totally understand. I was disappointed also because my friends all used WES and got theirs within a month. I had a choice but made a bad decision imagine how painful that is.

Yours will not take up to a year though. At least the lockdown isn't affecting schools. But at least four months. Just keep sending them emails. You cant do anything other than that.
Wow. Thank you so much for the reply though.

Reactions: co2020

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
Good. Now consider 9th September as the initial date.
Hi,
I've BA and MA from Indian Univ. My question should be easier to answer for this group. Should I ask my Univ. to send the Transcripts for both the degrees or only the highest one i.e. MA?
Asking this because, WES specifically asks for Bachelor and Masters degree, if you have a Master degree and completed it from Indian Univ. (feels bad for Indian Univ. because of few goons who started fraud things)

manveer1414

May 29, 2017
I have written to CES to enquired about documents and got below auto-reply:

Thank you for contacting the Comparative Education Service. We have directed most of our staff toward processing applications as quickly as possible, as we understand how much is at stake for you. As a result, there are fewer individuals available to answer e-mail inquiries and our response times have increased. Please accept our apologies as it might take us 15-20 business days to get back to you.

Our offices will be closed from Wednesday December 23, 2020 until January 1, 2021, inclusive. During this time, our team will not be processing applications, or responding to client emails. We will resume regular operations remotely starting Monday, January 4, 2021.

Last edited:

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
I have written to CES to enquired about documents and got below auto-reply:

Thank you for contacting the Comparative Education Service. We have directed most of our staff toward processing applications as quickly as possible, as we understand how much is at stake for you. As a result, there are fewer individuals available to answer e-mail inquiries and our response times have increased. Please accept our apologies as it might take us 15-20 business days to get back to you.

Our offices will be closed from Wednesday December 23, 2020 until January 1, 2021, inclusive. During this time, our team will not be processing applications, or responding to client emails. We will resume regular operations remotely starting Monday, January 4, 2021.
Everyone got the same email.

matrixreloded

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
It takes two weeks now for emails to be replied. I keep saying it, using U of T CES is one of the biggest mistake I made. My transcript got delivered in December 2nd 2019 and my application was just completed on Friday the 11th of December 2020. IT took a whole year. Lol I even gave up on them and had to use WES. NEVER AGAIN!

List of excuses are but not limited to: 1)Your application is in queue 2) We have a backlog 3)We have increased the processing time 4) Processing time is 60 days but don't count the holiday break 5) Your application will be completed by the second week of March 6) Yes your application was supposed to be completed last week but we are working from home now 7) We finally have access to our office your application is in queue......... IT WAS A STRUGGLE!
I got a reply stating my application will be processed before they go on christmas leave i.e.: 23 december.
After reading your reply I am not sure whether they will actually process it. Only C1 and C2 is done, rest all not started yet.
I had submitted paper transcripts on 17th march.

matrixreloded

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Did anyone here get a missing document email from CES?
I had sent only MBA transcripts in march.
Now they are asking for colored copies of marksheets for MBA-IT.
Anyone here faced something similar?

Pranav.patel.1560

Jun 24, 2018
Did anyone here get a missing document email from CES?
I had sent only MBA transcripts in march.
Now they are asking for colored copies of marksheets for MBA-IT.
Anyone here faced something similar?
How long did they took to ask for further documents after submitting your transcript by university through email?
I just wanted to know how long does it take them to see our electronic transcript?