+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
When did your first and second stage clear? Moreover, did your university submit electronic documents?
C1 and C2 cleared in late October and yes my university submitted my electronic documents.

How long do you think it will take till the end of the process?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Reactions: mannan.que

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
C1 and C2 cleared in late October and yes my university submitted my electronic documents.

How long do you think it will take till the end of the process?

Thanks a lot for your answers!
As per my knowledge, CES consider as start date when they have confirmed the receipt (i.e. C1). They usually take 1 to 4 weeks between C1 and C2 stage, if they receive your transcript before stage C1. Then 8 to 12 week between C2 and C3. Once C3 is done your process will complete within 4 weeks. So, ideally they will take 12 to 16 weeks from C2 to complete the whole procedure, if there is no quarry/doubt from their end.

MrAnderson

Oct 21, 2020
Hi, did you sent them by post or electronically? It took them almost a month to process mine after they were sent electronically. If you sent them by post, it will take longer as they are processing them in order of arrival from 18th March 2020.
I just received an email from them, noting that they are still dealing with thousands of applications they received from the 5 months lockdown and they are only processing until September. Anything received after that will be processed after the finish their backlog first.

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Greetings!

I would like to share my application progress. I have Submitted application for CES - ECA on 19th October 2020, and my university submitted electronic verified documents to CES's email address (ces.transcripts@utoronto.ca ) on 27th October 2020.

DATE
  • Started Oct 19, 2020
  • Submitted Oct 19, 2020
FOLLOW YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
  • Not Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Not Complete2. Transcript(s) Received
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
I got email today from CES mentioned they received electronic transcript from my university on 27th October. :)

FOLLOW YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
  • Not Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received (email received on 13-11-2020)

Next Steps

As your application moves forward through the processing stages, you may expect to receive an update at each of the following five milestones:

· C1: Confirmation of the credentials submitted for assessment
· C2: Confirmation of the initial review of the required institutional documents
· C3: Confirmation of authentication and acceptance of your application*
· C4: Confirmation of the issuance of an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report
· C5: Confirmation of the dispatch of your ECA package

* The timeframe between C2 to C3 is the longest in this application process. Please note that our front line teams are unable to provide additional information while this phase is in progress. Please contact us only if you have not received any notification or confirmation 10 weeks after receiving C2.

Impact of COVID-19

Under the current circumstances, due to the COVID-19 related restrictions that remain in effect, all processing times have been significantly affected by our inability to access our premises from March 18 to August 14, 2020.

Blessing Umoh

Nov 13, 2020
Hello. Has anyone done an ECA for a professional certificate, SHRM - CP precisely. Any idea what the Canadian equivalent would be? I am also evaluating my degree certificate and was thinking if both would earn me the "two or more certificate, diplomas or degrees" in the crs tool. Please help.

mannan.que

Jan 1, 2019
There is new Update from CES:

• Completed. Initial Review In Progress
Hello Mr. Mansoor,

So what is the outcome of your ECA? Have you received the document?

Blessing Umoh

Nov 13, 2020
Hello. Has anyone done an ECA for a professional certificate, SHRM - CP precisely. Any idea what the Canadian equivalent would be? I am also evaluating my degree certificate and was thinking if both would earn me the "two or more certificate, diplomas or degrees" in the crs tool. Please help.
Please can someone reply and guide me?

PA-28

Nov 16, 2020
A quick question here regarding degree equivalencies.

I have a 5 (five) year Bachelor of Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university. I know that WES is offering a 4 year bachelor's degree as an equivalent. People with 3 year bachelor's degrees from my university are getting the same equivalent degree from WES which happens to be a 4 year bachelor's degree. I think that what's happening here is not fair (the 2 extra years that I have studied for are not being credited), and I'm not sure if all the degree equivalency bodies (other than WES) have the same criteria or not.

Does anyone know if UoT CES or any of the other associations grant something more than a 4 year bachelor's for my 5 year bachelor's degree?

Any help is appreciated here.
Thanks,

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
There is new Update from CES:

• Completed. Initial Review In Progress
Any update?

tausif_asif

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
My application status is still not updated, CES received my documents last week. Any email address where I can email them and ask for update?

manveer1414

May 29, 2017
I just received an email from them, noting that they are still dealing with thousands of applications they received from the 5 months lockdown and they are only processing until September. Anything received after that will be processed after the finish their backlog first.
Any idea when they will start reviewing the October applications. My document recieved by CES on 30 Oct, but no update afterwards...

MrAnderson

Oct 21, 2020
Any idea when they will start reviewing the October applications. My document recieved by CES on 30 Oct, but no update afterwards...
I dont know when mate, but my friend submitted his application through WES and it took them a week or two to finalise everything... i should have went with WES instead of the university of toronto

Reactions: manveer1414

MrAnderson

Oct 21, 2020
All i know if your university submits the transcripts electronically, they would register that step faster than if they are sent by post... mine arrived a month ago and still no updates... i guess will have to wait until they get to it.

droiddraper

Nov 9, 2020
My documents were delivered by DHL on October 18. I've not received a single update so far. Anybody in a similar situation?