+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot!
I actually live in Albania so it will take very long for me to get the physical copy and thats why I really needed the electronic copy.
I sent them sent an email on January 15 and called them on the same day. They reacted very fast and I managed to get my electronic copy yesterday. So in my case they only took 1 day to process the payment and send me the copy.
I'm glad it worked out for you! Some people haven't been that lucky with the electronic copy. I got mine a day before the physical one got to me so that was kind of disappointing.

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
I'm glad it worked out for you! Some people haven't been that lucky with the electronic copy. I got mine a day before the physical one got to me so that was kind of disappointing.
Guess I am among the unlucky ones. Haven't even got a reply to the emails I sent (sent them 2 e-mails, 4 days and 9 days back respetively). Will calling them work? Hoping for a faster processing.

stillwaters1

Jan 18, 2020
Hello!

I'm really not a very patient person, but I think this process keeps going disturbingly slow. Do you think that it is normal?

• Started Oct 4, 2019
  • Submitted Oct 9, 2019
FOLLOW YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
  • Not Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
This is completely normal. They review documents in order by date it was received. If you followed the instructions they had on your website, then the clock for your processing time will begin from the date your last document was received! Don't forget that the processing time won't include uoft's holiday closure (they close every year).

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Hi! Your law degree from your country, it’s a University Degree or a Master one? Also, how many years of study did you completed for this degree?

Usually if you have a 3yrs university degree from a recognized university – they will assess it as “3yrs Bachelor’s degree”, while a 2yrs Master degree from a recognized university will be assessed as a “Master’s degree from a recognized university” (no period mentioned). But this depends on what it’s mentioned on your law degree and again, this is not an "official rule", they might assess it different if they have any concerns..

Good luck!
Hi there!

Do you know if we get two ECAs done from CES, does the report number (the one that we need to include in the EE profile), remain the same?

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Hi

Just sharing my experience for everyone on the forum.

I sent my transcripts from India (for a Master's program of 2 years from a recognized University) on 20th September.
-The transcript received update happened on 25th September
-Received an email that date of acceptance is 20th September
-Assessment was completed on 8th Jan 2020
-Paid for electronic copy but didn't receive it post the assessment completion
-Mailed and called repeatedly and finally received it on 15th Jan 2020

The Outcome: My 2 Years' Masters was evaluated a 4 Years' bachelor's program
This doesn't give me adequate points to enter the pool

So am waiting for my other evaluation to come through (bachelor's program of 3 years) - expected on 26th Feb
Combining the two, I will have a better chance making the cut.

If anybody had both degrees evaluated, please mention if the report number remains the same for both degrees.

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
@thephdguy hey, can you tell me what should I put in "Date of the Original Assessment Report (MM/DD/YYYY)"? (My report is not yet ready - expecting it in this week). Also if I am uploading the form online, how does payment happen? As I understand, I am not supposed to include the credit card info on the form in this case.

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi

Just sharing my experience for everyone on the forum.

I sent my transcripts from India (for a Master's program of 2 years from a recognized University) on 20th September.
-The transcript received update happened on 25th September
-Received an email that date of acceptance is 20th September
-Assessment was completed on 8th Jan 2020
-Paid for electronic copy but didn't receive it post the assessment completion
-Mailed and called repeatedly and finally received it on 15th Jan 2020

The Outcome: My 2 Years' Masters was evaluated a 4 Years' bachelor's program
This doesn't give me adequate points to enter the pool

So am waiting for my other evaluation to come through (bachelor's program of 3 years) - expected on 26th Feb
Combining the two, I will have a better chance making the cut.

If anybody had both degrees evaluated, please mention if the report number remains the same for both degrees.
Are you evaluating both bachelors and PG education from CES only? If yes, then how come both reports are separated? what is your education background? pls update

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@thephdguy hey, can you tell me what should I put in "Date of the Original Assessment Report (MM/DD/YYYY)"? (My report is not yet ready - expecting it in this week). Also if I am uploading the form online, how does payment happen? As I understand, I am not supposed to include the credit card info on the form in this case.
I put "N/A" and it was accepted. For payment you need to call them and pay over the phone.

Reactions: ja1904

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Are you evaluating both bachelors and PG education from CES only? If yes, then how come both reports are separated? what is your education background? pls update
Yes. The two universities are different so there was a difference of a month between the receipt of the two transcripts. I had initially applied only for masters. Decided to send in the bachelor's later. The Bachelor's was 3 years and masters two years. Both were full time.

cerenm

Jan 10, 2020
Hello!

I'm really not a very patient person, but I think this process keeps going disturbingly slow. Do you think that it is normal?

• Started Oct 4, 2019
  • Submitted Oct 9, 2019
FOLLOW YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
  • Not Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched

DATE
  • Started Oct 4, 2019
  • Submitted Oct 9, 2019