+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone, i just received a mail from CES that my report is ready, please will an electronic copy be sent to me via mail? because i used an address in canada for it to be sent to
Unless you requested an electronic copy, I believe they won't send you one but I'm not 100% sure. I think it costs around CAD$30 to request one.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Can you please help me with the procedure to order the electronic copy.
I have not done it, so I'm not sure how it works. Apparently there's a way to start an extra application with them in the My Applications menu and clicking the More Applications button. They should explain it better if you send them an email with your request.

Sep 30, 2019
I have not done it, so I'm not sure how it works. Apparently there's a way to start an extra application with them in the My Applications menu and clicking the More Applications button. They should explain it better if you send them an email with your request.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I will send them email for complete steps.

Prashanth1227

Nov 11, 2019
Hi Everyone, i just received a mail from CES that my report is ready, please will an electronic copy be sent to me via mail? because i used an address in canada for it to be sent to
I have submitted my application today. Could you please let me know when will the initial review(first step) be completed

Sep 8, 2019
Good one... What's the outcome??
Positive Evaluation - 1 year Post Bachelors diploma

below is my time line
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress - Updated on 12th Nov
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received - Updated on 6th Sept
  • Complete3. Initial Review Complete - Updated on 3rd Dec
  • Complete4. Assessment In Progress - Updated on 3rd Dec
  • Complete5. Assessment Decision Made - Updated on 4th Dec
  • Complete6. Decision Dispatched - Updated on 10th Dec
Picked up ECA yesterday. Still long wait for ITA. All the best to all of you.

Maik

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi all,
I have done masters in microbiology, full time from university of Madras . I did my eca through Wes . However they didn't accept masters and reviewed it as 4 years bachelor's and 1 year PG diploma . Am losing 7 points on my EE profile . Can i go through ces to evaluate . Will they accept my masters.
Kindly shed some light on this regard

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Positive Evaluation - 1 year Post Bachelors diploma

below is my time line
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress - Updated on 12th Nov
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received - Updated on 6th Sept
  • Complete3. Initial Review Complete - Updated on 3rd Dec
  • Complete4. Assessment In Progress - Updated on 3rd Dec
  • Complete5. Assessment Decision Made - Updated on 4th Dec
  • Complete6. Decision Dispatched - Updated on 10th Dec
Picked up ECA yesterday. Still long wait for ITA. All the best to all of you.
Thanks for the update Gagan! Good luck to you as well!

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,
I have done masters in microbiology, full time from university of Madras . I did my eca through Wes . However they didn't accept masters and reviewed it as 4 years bachelor's and 1 year PG diploma . Am losing 7 points on my EE profile . Can i go through ces to evaluate . Will they accept my masters.
Kindly shed some light on this regard
I don't think anybody here can give you a straight correct answer unless they had a similar degree evaluated by CES. As a rule of thumb, I believe they compare your degree to a what a Canadian degree would look like, and those are normally 4-year Bachelors and 2-year Masters. Anything under that I think they might not give Masters equivalency. So if your Masters was actually 2 years (without any internships) it might get assessed as such. But that's just my opinion.

Tarun1306

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Hi everyone ..Can someone tell me whether CES evaluates Indian MBA 2 year degree as Masters ...I have MBA in marketing from PTU Jalandhar Punjab...what other options do I have apart from WES?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have done 3 years BBA and 2 years MBA do I need to send both degrees for evaluation with CES or MBA is enough?
CES only considers one degree at a time unlike WES. If you are submitting more than one degree, CES charges you individually per assessment (one ECA for Bachelors and one for Masters). For people with 2-year Masters or less that want to get a Masters equivalency, not from North or South America, I don't think CES is the right choice. You can try sending just your MBA, but there's no assurance they'll consider it a full Masters. People who have sent both 3-year Bachelors and 2-year Masters have, sometimes, got a 4 year Bachelors + 1 year Post graduate degree as a result of their assessment. This is just my opinion based on what I've seen.

MiRist

Dec 17, 2019
Hi All,

my status until now is like this:
Date
  • Started Nov 7, 2019
  • Submitted Nov 12, 2019
Follow Your Application Status
  • Not Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Not Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received
  • Not Complete 3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched
Should I wait a little bit longer, or should I contact the University of Toronto?
Thanks,

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,

my status until now is like this:
Date
  • Started Nov 7, 2019
  • Submitted Nov 12, 2019
Follow Your Application Status
  • Not Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Not Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received
  • Not Complete 3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched
Should I wait a little bit longer, or should I contact the University of Toronto?
Thanks,
Did you send your transcripts already? If you have, you should contact CES to ask about them. Normally, Step 2 is the first one to get marked as completed.