+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Chartered Accountant

DCDR

May 2, 2018
Can someone guide me for ECA process for CA? The document required for EVALUATION is a certificate of membership and statement of marks (what is exactly statement of marks here)? please advice

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Can someone guide me for ECA process for CA? The document required for EVALUATION is a certificate of membership and statement of marks (what is exactly statement of marks here)? please advice
I believe statement of marks here corresponds to sealed transcript.

DCDR

May 2, 2018
Yes that will be obviously a sealed transcript.

Do you know the process of ECA for a professional chartered accountant

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Yes that will be obviously a sealed transcript.

Do you know the process of ECA for a professional chartered accountant
Yep, you asked what statement of marks is in #1 so I answered. It looks like the requirements are different than for someone with an engineering background. Sorry can't help here.

DCDR

May 2, 2018
Hey thanks a lot dear

Can u help me what will be the evaluation process for engineering too?

Jun 18, 2018
Hi,
I want to get ECA done from WES for my Indian CA Qualification. On the WES Website, the document requirement for CA mentions a copy of Membership of certificate. CAn someone please guide for the procedure for this. Do I need to get my Certificate of membership attested alongwith my CA results transcripts and send it to WES? If yes, then what is the procedure for getting attestation of certificate of membership from ICAI? On the ICAI Website, the link mentioned is for CA result transcripts only. Please help

Reactions: SPragati

DCDR

May 2, 2018
Hi Aayushi,

There two things one is attestation and the other is transcripts. I have personally spoken to icai people regarding the same. For immigration, you just need the transcripts.

Contact - ICAI Joint Secretary - 0091-120-4953742

Most important thing is your CA Membership should be active.

For ECA it's not necessary for the attestation of your CA Membership certificate neither your mark sheets by icai. What you need is to issue your transcripts from icai and ask them to send it to WES directly (they charge around a total of Rs 1700-1800).

Please follow the below steps:

1. Visit http://icaiexam.icai.org/index1.php - on this site you will find a red box written "Post Qualification Application" click that it will navigate you to another link http://icaiexam.icai.org/duplicate/

2. Login / Sign up (there is no fees on sign up)

3. You need to fill up the complete form for issue of your transcripts, submit the form and do the payment.

4. Download the application form and the payment confirmation. Print both the document and send it along with your self-attested CA mark sheets.

5. Make sure you send all Self-attested copies of Entrance / Foundation / PE I / CPT / PE II / PCE / IPCE / Intermediate / Final examination mark sheet/s (both front and reverse side, wherever applicable) of all Examinations. Self-attested copies of Rank Certificate issued if any. Self-attested copy of Associate Membership Certificate / Fellow Membership Certificate.

As I mentioned there is no requirement of attestation of your CA membership certificate by ICAI. But, In case, the membership certificate is also required to be attested, kindly get in touch with M&SS section on their email: sarita.madan@icai.in and/or mss@icai.in . Just simply drop them an email they revert very quick.

From your side just for a verification please send a photocopy of all your CA documents along with membership certificate to WES. Do not forget to mention your WES Reference number.

You will receive email once WES receives your transcripts from you and ICAI. They notify each time they receive documents.

Hope this will help you!

Thanks

Last edited:

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi

1. Please let me know if you have sent the CA transcripts + Membership Certificate directly or did you ask ICAI to send it to WES ? I would prefer option 2 as its hassle free , but please let me know what approach you guys have followed ?

2. My ACA membership lapsed and I just paid the money to restore it. Has anyone faced a similar situation , if yes , did you send Form 9 and then start the process or can i start after payment of all dues.

Thanks

Hi Aayushi,

There two things one is attestation and the other is transcripts. I have personally spoken to icai people regarding the same. For immigration, you just need the transcripts.

Contact - ICAI Joint Secretary - 0091-120-4953742

Most important thing is your CA Membership should be active.

For ECA it's not necessary for the attestation of your CA Membership certificate neither your mark sheets by icai. What you need is to issue your transcripts from icai and ask them to send it to WES directly (they charge around a total of Rs 1700-1800).

Please follow the below steps:

1. Visit http://icaiexam.icai.org/index1.php - on this site you will find a red box written "Post Qualification Application" click that it will navigate you to another link http://icaiexam.icai.org/duplicate/

2. Login / Sign up (there is no fees on sign up)

3. You need to fill up the complete form for issue of your transcripts, submit the form and do the payment.

4. Download the application form and the payment confirmation. Print both the document and send it along with your self-attested CA mark sheets.

5. Make sure you send all Self-attested copies of Entrance / Foundation / PE I / CPT / PE II / PCE / IPCE / Intermediate / Final examination mark sheet/s (both front and reverse side, wherever applicable) of all Examinations. Self-attested copies of Rank Certificate issued if any. Self-attested copy of Associate Membership Certificate / Fellow Membership Certificate.

As I mentioned there is no requirement of attestation of your CA membership certificate by ICAI. But, In case, the membership certificate is also required to be attested, kindly get in touch with M&SS section on their email: sarita.madan@icai.in and/or mss@icai.in . Just simply drop them an email they revert very quick.

From your side just for a verification please send a photocopy of all your CA documents along with membership certificate to WES. Do not forget to mention your WES Reference number.

You will receive email once WES receives your transcripts from you and ICAI. They notify each time they receive documents.

Hope this will help you!

Thanks
i

Last edited:

DCDR

May 2, 2018
Hi

1. You can send either way doesn’t matter but what WES needs is a transcript sent by your university directly. So, don’t risk it just ask Icai to send directly to WES for evaluation.

2. Before issuing the transcripts and sending it to WES. You would need your membership in active state. So, pay all your dues and re-activate your membership.

You can do this by first paying for membership to Icai and then fill the form 9 and send the hard copies of all your payment receipt + form 9 to Icai they will surely revert back and activate your membership.

Once it’s activated, then apply for issuing your transcript and ask Icai to send direct to WES

All the best!

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
One more question please ,

For your other qualifications , are you doing a self attestation on copy of transcripts / copy of degree ? Mu understanding is that only University official has to do an attestation.

Kind Regards,

SPragati

Jun 17, 2018
Please reply, I also need clarification on this thing.
Thanks in advance.

One more question please ,

For your other qualifications , are you doing a self attestation on copy of transcripts / copy of degree ? Mu understanding is that only University official has to do an attestation.

Kind Regards,

saurabh2004

Star Member
Aug 29, 2017
Dear Friends

I am a CA, currently working in Saudi Arabia. I want to initiate the Canada Immigration process. Did any one got the ECA done via WES. How much points/credit they provide for CA degree.

Kindly advise...

Regards

Reactions: SPragati

SPragati

Jun 17, 2018
Yes please share detailed details of the same thing, I also need to know.

Kindly share details

Dear Friends

I am a CA, currently working in Saudi Arabia. I want to initiate the Canada Immigration process. Did any one got the ECA done via WES. How much points/credit they provide for CA degree.

Kindly advise...

Regards
Yea
Dear Friends

Kindly advise...

Regards