+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Chartered Accountant

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Can I request for transcripts from ICAI if my certificate of membership is yet to be received.

Also how we are going to inform ICAI to which address to dispatch .

Also Am I also required to send transcripts and membership certificate or only photocopies of marksheets and Membership certificate ?

So i am required to send from my side also to WES , is it also to be sent in university envelope with stamp ?

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Hi I was filling online form for transcripts for CA course on ICAI website and there is one option to which asked as :

Do u want completed negative or failed attempts if any to be included in transcripts ?
Am I required to say yes or no ?
Also in that case am I required to submit hard copies of failed marksheets too ? But I don’t have any fail marksheets ?

Are we required to include fail attempts details also in transcripts or only pass attempts one ?

Further , there is another thing - the purpose for which transcripts are to be sought ?
Is this CAnada Immigration or for WES ECA ?

And where we need to state WES Reference no. In online form .

And we need to submit hard copies of marksheets at ITO ICAI Bhawan. So at which floor ???

Please help !!!

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Hi I was filling online form for transcripts for CA course on ICAI website and there is one option to which asked as :

Do u want completed negative or failed attempts if any to be included in transcripts ?
Am I required to say yes or no ?
Also in that case am I required to submit hard copies of failed marksheets too ? But I don’t have any fail marksheets ?

Are we required to include fail attempts details also in transcripts or only pass attempts one ?

Further , there is another thing - the purpose for which transcripts are to be sought ?
Is this CAnada Immigration or for WES ECA ?

And where we need to state WES Reference no. In online form .

And we need to submit hard copies of marksheets at ITO ICAI Bhawan. So at which floor ???

Please help !!!

Please asap !!!! CAN anyone help on this ? Urgent !

CAsharma

May 2, 2019
Hi Aayushi,

There two things one is attestation and the other is transcripts. I have personally spoken to icai people regarding the same. For immigration, you just need the transcripts.

Contact - ICAI Joint Secretary - 0091-120-4953742

Most important thing is your CA Membership should be active.

For ECA it's not necessary for the attestation of your CA Membership certificate neither your mark sheets by icai. What you need is to issue your transcripts from icai and ask them to send it to WES directly (they charge around a total of Rs 1700-1800).

Please follow the below steps:

1. Visit http://icaiexam.icai.org/index1.php - on this site you will find a red box written "Post Qualification Application" click that it will navigate you to another link http://icaiexam.icai.org/duplicate/

2. Login / Sign up (there is no fees on sign up)

3. You need to fill up the complete form for issue of your transcripts, submit the form and do the payment.

4. Download the application form and the payment confirmation. Print both the document and send it along with your self-attested CA mark sheets.

5. Make sure you send all Self-attested copies of Entrance / Foundation / PE I / CPT / PE II / PCE / IPCE / Intermediate / Final examination mark sheet/s (both front and reverse side, wherever applicable) of all Examinations. Self-attested copies of Rank Certificate issued if any. Self-attested copy of Associate Membership Certificate / Fellow Membership Certificate.

As I mentioned there is no requirement of attestation of your CA membership certificate by ICAI. But, In case, the membership certificate is also required to be attested, kindly get in touch with M&SS section on their email: sarita.madan@icai.in and/or mss@icai.in . Just simply drop them an email they revert very quick.

From your side just for a verification please send a photocopy of all your CA documents along with membership certificate to WES. Do not forget to mention your WES Reference number.

You will receive email once WES receives your transcripts from you and ICAI. They notify each time they receive documents.

Hope this will help you!

Thanks

Hi I have a question to ask .
In case of filling of form online on the ICAI portal for transcripts release , there is a option in which they ask for YES or NO -
In which they state that do u need transcripts including all the failed attempts too . So what should I do YES or NO

ItsmeRKM

Jun 16, 2021
I have gone through the thread on requirements regarding obtaining the CA marksheet and membership transcripts but have few points where i got confused in the discussion. I am a CA working in dubai and wanted to get my transcripts from ICAI for the purpose of Canada Immigration. My queries are:

1) When i write to ICAI to issue transcripts, do i need to send self addressed envelopes to them or will the institute arrange to send it on their own.
2) There is no mention in the requirements as to whether we need to give them the address where to send the transcripts. So does that mean that institute will send it our registered address with them or will we need to personally go and collect them? As mentioned, i am working and residing in dubai, so not sure will institute be couriering me to Dubai or my address in india or i need to personally collect from ICAI dubai?
3) I read in the discussion that we need to ask ICAI to send it directly to WES. My question is, cannot we ask ICAI to send it to us and then we deal with it accordingly for submission to WES. Is it mandatory requirement of WES that the transcripts to be directly received from the ICAI Institute?
4) Rs 500 is the fee for all transcripts for the full course or Foundation, PEI, PEII, Final; each seperately Rs 500?
5) And the last, if anybody who has recently applied and received transcripts from ICAI could kindly share a specimen of the request letter issued to ICAI, that would be really helpful.

Would somebody kindly guide so can proceed accordingly. Thanks, Anurag
Hi Anurag,hope you are doing well.Could you pls tell me how did you complete the process.