+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA duplicate copy showing original equation date.

Andy2c

Jan 18, 2019
CIC say the the ECA report lasts 5 years from date Issued.

WES evaluation completed in 2001, upgraded to ECA version in 2019. is it valid?

I upgraded my WES evaluation done in 13th December 2011 to an ECA in July 29th 2019 andt the document, lists both dates!

now I'm wondering if its valid or will be rejected by immigration officer.

Ii have called WES, they can't give me 100% answer if it will be accepted or not.

Anyone able to shed some light on whether it will be ok.

Last edited:

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Hi,

I'm in the same situation. My initial ECA was done in July 2014 which expired in July 2019, so I had requested for a "Order Duplicate IRCC" report. In the duplicate it is mentioned original completed in July 2014. May I know what you did ?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
The 5 year validity is probably for your certificate to stay on the database that is accessible by IRCC. The evaluation itself is already there, so I don't see why WES would need to redo it. I don't see why IRCC would reject it either given that it has a new date on the top right.

Don't take my word for that though.

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
The 5 year validity is probably for your certificate to stay on the database that is accessible by IRCC. The evaluation itself is already there, so I don't see why WES would need to redo it. I don't see why IRCC would reject it either given that it has a new date on the top right.

Don't take my word for that though.
upperkut, thanks for your response. Found the following FAQ in the WES website saying that if you order a duplicate report for IRCC, it will extend the validity for 5 more years from the date of issue of the duplicate report.
Reference https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/how-to-renew-your-eca-report/

However, some applicants have mentioned in this forum that extending validity by requesting duplicate doesn't work and their application was marked as incomplete stating the reason than ECA was older than 5 years. It would be lot of trouble if the entire ECA has to be re-done by submitting the transcripts again from the educational institution?

Looking at the CIC website, it says, they will accept ECA reports for five years from the date they are issued. However, it is not clear if the are referring to the initial date when the ECA was first done, or the date when the duplicate was issued.
Reference http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=685&top=29

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
upperkut, thanks for your response. Found the following FAQ in the WES website saying that if you order a duplicate report for IRCC, it will extend the validity for 5 more years from the date of issue of the duplicate report.
Reference https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/how-to-renew-your-eca-report/

However, some applicants have mentioned in this forum that extending validity by requesting duplicate doesn't work and their application was marked as incomplete stating the reason than ECA was older than 5 years. It would be lot of trouble if the entire ECA has to be re-done by submitting the transcripts again from the educational institution?

Looking at the CIC website, it says, they will accept ECA reports for five years from the date they are issued. However, it is not clear if the are referring to the initial date when the ECA was first done, or the date when the duplicate was issued.
Reference http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=685&top=29
Yeah it really makes no sense to start all over when WES says your evaluation doesn't expire.

Do you have any links to those who mentioned their application wasn't complete?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I don't have a concrete answer, anything I say will only be hypothesis.

You can probably try the Upgrade Report option as it issues a new reference number. Here's what I found on WES.org:

If you choose one of these upgrade options, you will receive a new reference number specific to your upgrade order. This is because each upgrade is treated as a new credential evaluation.

https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/how-to-upgrade-your-wes-credential-evaluation-report/

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Thanks upperkut. Yes, I did consider that option already.

What is the reason of this upgrade?
Purpose you selected for this upgrade is Immigration.

If you are planning on immigrating to Canada, you must apply for IRCC.

Is this upgrade for IRCC? Yes
Are you adding another credential? No

WES says "Based on your previous selections, we have determined that you do not need to upgrade your report. You can simply order a duplicate report of your previously completed evaluation."

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
WTF

Your only option is to get the duplicate and explain everything in the LOE and link the WES articles as well take a screenshot of the upgrade option in your account.
Yup, explaining all this in the LOE is challenging, haven't got the ITA yet.

sajib_22

Jan 20, 2018
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
CIC say the the ECA report lasts 5 years from date Issued.

WES evaluation completed in 2001, upgraded to ECA version in 2019. is it valid?

I upgraded my WES evaluation done in 13th December 2011 to an ECA in July 29th 2019 andt the document, lists both dates!

now I'm wondering if its valid or will be rejected by immigration officer.

Ii have called WES, they can't give me 100% answer if it will be accepted or not.

Anyone able to shed some light on whether it will be ok.

Hi, has your duplicate ECA been accepted by IRCC? What is the status? Kindly let me know. I'm in the same situation here. I did my original ECA on 28 Sep, 2017. And I've received the duplicate copy on 31 Aug, 2022. I've also sent a copy to IRCC via eDelivery by selecting IRCC as the receipient for immigration purpose.