+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity of WES ECA ?

DRP

Nov 21, 2014
Hi All,

I got my ECA done by WES in Oct 2014... was wondering if this will be still valid if I want to use it ?
Please suggest.

Thanks,
DRP

DRP

Nov 21, 2014
I posted following query to WES sometime back about my query... and received the below (later) reply from WES. Hope this will help some one :)

Hi, I received my ECA report from WES in OCt 2014, could you please confirm for how long it is valid ? Also I have acquired a new Masters educational certificate, for this new education evaluation do I have to send the Bachelor certificates and transcripts ? Please confirm. Thanks, Kind Regards,

Thank you for choosing World Education Services (WES).

ECA, from IRCC point of view, has five years expiry from the date of issue. You may want to order IRCC an extra copy of your ECA every four-and-half years in order to keep your ECA valid for immigration purpose.

Also, when you upgrade ECA to WES standard evaluation report, your evaluation report will be in WES Database forever.
If it is the same Bachelor's that we have evaluated, no there is no need to send documents.
Best Regards,
Kevin
WES Customer Service

Rathod Dilip

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you very much from bottom of my heart. So I have to order an extra copy right?? So that my evaluation will again valid for 5 years

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Thank you very much from bottom of my heart. So I have to order an extra copy right?? So that my evaluation will again valid for 5 years
Can someone please confirm if ordering a duplicate report extend the validity for another 5 more years ? I mean someone who has actually tried it. My initial ECA was done in July 2014 which expired in July 2019, so I had requested for a "Order Duplicate IRCC" report. In the duplicate it is mentioned original completed in July 2014. There is no option in the WES website to request a new report. Any workarounds ?

grk007

Oct 12, 2019
Can someone please confirm if ordering a duplicate report extend the validity for another 5 more years ? I mean someone who has actually tried it. My initial ECA was done in July 2014 which expired in July 2019, so I had requested for a "Order Duplicate IRCC" report. In the duplicate it is mentioned original completed in July 2014. There is no option in the WES website to request a new report. Any workarounds ?
Even I have the same question as above, mine is expiring on 28-Oct-2019 , do I have the option to renew it now and will it be accepted by CIC? am planning to create an EE profile again.

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
The initial WES ECA issued on August 2014 is no longer valid from IRCC perspective after August 2019 (5 Years). It needs to be renewed.