+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Early Childhood Education (NOC 4214)

Shiekha

Dec 28, 2016
Hi,
Can someone put a light on, if WES Course by course or ECA assessment is acceptable by Alberta for ECE certification. I have applied for Saskatchewan already and they asked for Course by course report. Its already been 2 months since I applies but they haven't yet completed the assessment.

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
Alberta doesn't accept WES.. you must do same procedure, arrange for transcripts and to be sent to alberta and ielts trf report as well. Regarding saskatchewan you should email them as they forget, when i emailed them for the second time after 3 months they sent me the licence same day

Reactions: Jemar182

Shiekha

Dec 28, 2016
Has anyone with a BEd degree from India applied for certification. What level license does one get.

Shiekha

Dec 28, 2016
Hi Everyone,
Just received my Saskatchewan ECE certification level I but this doesn't qualify me for immigration. they have mentioned only 1.5 credits more needed for Level II, any suggestions regarding the same. Can I reapply and ask them to reconsider for at least a Level II up-gradation. Will Level I help me apply in other provinces like Prince Edward Island or New fond Labrador or New Brunswick etc?

@IvanaCo how did your certification get upgraded

Last edited:

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,
Just received my Saskatchewan ECE certification level I but this doesn't qualify me for immigration. they have mentioned only 1.5 credits more needed for Level II, any suggestions regarding the same. Can I reapply and ask them to reconsider for at least a Level II up-gradation. Will Level I help me apply in other provinces like Prince Edward Island or New fond Labrador or New Brunswick etc?

@IvanaCo how did your certification get upgraded

For Alberta they gave me level 1 based on transcripts i sent, when i asked to be re-evaluated they said I need to arrange my university to send them originals and i need to send them original ielts report, after that i got level 3, but my education is bachelor in early years, it has more units in child development than BEd, not sure if they will consider re-evaluation as they have certain amount of credits to must have in child development area but it is worth give it a try, otherwise try finding some course that will be accepted by wes. Saskatchewan accepts wes and after i arranged with wes to send them report i received level 3. waited 3 moths though..

Shiekha

Dec 28, 2016
For Alberta they gave me level 1 based on transcripts i sent, when i asked to be re-evaluated they said I need to arrange my university to send them originals and i need to send them original ielts report, after that i got level 3, but my education is bachelor in early years, it has more units in child development than BEd, not sure if they will consider re-evaluation as they have certain amount of credits to must have in child development area but it is worth give it a try, otherwise try finding some course that will be accepted by wes. Saskatchewan accepts wes and after i arranged with wes to send them report i received level 3. waited 3 moths though..
one more question, is it mandatory to get IQAS done for Alberta or sending transcripts straight away to Education Department is enough. Secondly how did you send original IELTS report.

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
one more question, is it mandatory to get IQAS done for Alberta or sending transcripts straight away to Education Department is enough. Secondly how did you send original IELTS report.
For alberta no need for eca as they will only accept transcripts sent directly from institution... i sent my original ielts via aramex. They told me in last email that they sent licence and ielts report back to my address via mail

Shiekha

Dec 28, 2016
For alberta no need for eca as they will only accept transcripts sent directly from institution... i sent my original ielts via aramex. They told me in last email that they sent licence and ielts report back to my address via mail
thanks. so we get back our original IELTS report, it's important as we have only one copy

sgath001

Dec 18, 2013
Hi, pls advise me on this , I would like to get an ECE license from Alberta. Who is the regulatory body in Alberta and what is the requirement to acheieve level 2 license

Bella J

Sep 4, 2018
Hi Ivana, please how did you send your IELTS report to Saskatchewan?

Bella J

Sep 4, 2018
Hi I'm new here and will please need your assistance in applying to Saskatchewan and Alberta for licensing.

Thanks to you guys I already learnt Saskatchewan accepts Wes, but will I be charged by Wes to forward my transcript course by course to Saskatchewan?
Can they also send it to Wes during their evaluation?
How did you send your IELTS report to Saskatchewan?

For Alberta I understand my school will have to send the transcript to them while I mail them my original IELTS report.
Does Alberta Childcare Office charge a fee for licensing?

Please help!