e-APR AOR March 2017 pool - join here

nazmulhoque

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi guys, I'm March 14 AOR FSW-O, it's 144 days and no news yet and really getting worried as BG has been NA since 7th June. Anyway going through my application again, I realized that when I took my IELTS last year I was on an old passport but by the time I submitted my application I had received a new passport and hence only uploaded biodata page of the new passport. Should I send an email informing them or is it fine?
Why do you feel your delay is about this particular issue? I hope your new passport has info about your old/expired passport. Am I correct?

Expired passport's information is usually given on the biographical data page of the new passport (e.g. previous passport no.). So if CIC has any confusion about that they can easily see that you had a passport previously, the number of which is given on your IELTS TRF as well as on your new passport. As far as I know, while submitting APR you only have to submit the biographical data page of your current valid passport. IELTS certificates are verified directly from IELTS website based on info such as full name, DOB and passport number. IELTS certificate doesn't become invalid if someone gets a new passport.

As long as you have the old passport number in your new passport, you are supposed to be fine. I think sending a mail to CIC can create confusion. If they think it's an issue they will communicate with you anyway and you will be able to explain. The fact that your application has been submitted 144 days back suggest they would have communicated with you by now if this had been an issue.

Please check out the following thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-test-on-old-passport.33264/

Last edited:

Bafemmy

Jan 16, 2017
Hi guys, I'm March 14 AOR FSW-O, it's 144 days and no news yet and really getting worried as BG has been NA since 7th June. Anyway going through my application again, I realized that when I took my IELTS last year I was on an old passport but by the time I submitted my application I had received a new passport and hence only uploaded biodata page of the new passport. Should I send an email informing them or is it fine?[/QUOT

We are in the same boat
AOR March 18th
BG stuck at NA since June 1st

I also got a new passport in my Husband name. My old passport expired and it was in my madian name so I had to renew

Bafemmy

Jan 16, 2017
Hi guys, I'm March 14 AOR FSW-O, it's 144 days and no news yet and really getting worried as BG has been NA since 7th June. Anyway going through my application again, I realized that when I took my IELTS last year I was on an old passport but by the time I submitted my application I had received a new passport and hence only uploaded biodata page of the new passport. Should I send an email informing them or is it fine?
We are in the same both.
AOR March 18th
BG - NA since June 1st

I also renew my passport after it expired.

My old passport was in my madian name. My new passport is in my Husbands name

kokanyi1

Aug 5, 2017
Why do you feel your delay is about this particular issue? I hope your new passport has info about your old/expired passport. Am I correct?

Expired passport's information is usually given on the biographical data page of the new passport (e.g. previous passport no.). So if CIC has any confusion about that they can easily see that you had a passport previously, the number of which is given on your IELTS TRF as well as on your new passport. As far as I know, while submitting APR you only have to submit the biographical data page of your current valid passport. IELTS certificates are verified directly from IELTS website based on info such as full name, DOB and passport number. IELTS certificate doesn't become invalid if someone gets a new passport.

As long as you have the old passport number in your new passport, you are supposed to be fine. I think sending a mail to CIC can create confusion. If they think it's an issue they will communicate with you anyway and you will be able to explain. The fact that your application has been submitted 144 days back suggest they would have communicated with you by now if this had been an issue.

Please check out the following thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-test-on-old-passport.33264/
Hi, thanks for the detailed reply, my new passport doesn't contain info about the old passport. My country just issues a new passport without mentioning the old. But as you mentioned, they should have contacted me, and since ielts also asks for passport pic, every other data should be the same except the passport. Anyway, I am just getting worried, I have been resisting the urge to contact CIC and just wait for 6 months. I'm an African working in Singapore with about a year to go on my contract, but really wish to hear from them soon. I don't know what could be delaying the application but I had to get 4 PCCs including one from a communist South American country. I've also traveled a lot but I have a colleague who got his in 10 weeks, also 5 PCC and an extensive travel history. My previous trips to Canada were also on the old passport. I got the new passport just before submitting as the old passport had run out of pages but didn't mention it in the application. Thanks again

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
hey, PREEVIK

Actually what happened is that they called my employer, asked him about my tenure and my duties, then they called my office clerk as well, same questions to him. they took clerks contact number from my employer on call.

my timeline
AOR 3/3/21017
MEDICAL PASS 24/4/2017
NA 1/5/2017
IP2 8/6/2017
PPR ....pending...
Did you hear anything from NDVO since verification??

nazmulhoque

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi, thanks for the detailed reply, my new passport doesn't contain info about the old passport. My country just issues a new passport without mentioning the old. But as you mentioned, they should have contacted me, and since ielts also asks for passport pic, every other data should be the same except the passport. Anyway, I am just getting worried, I have been resisting the urge to contact CIC and just wait for 6 months. I'm an African working in Singapore with about a year to go on my contract, but really wish to hear from them soon. I don't know what could be delaying the application but I had to get 4 PCCs including one from a communist South American country. I've also traveled a lot but I have a colleague who got his in 10 weeks, also 5 PCC and an extensive travel history. My previous trips to Canada were also on the old passport. I got the new passport just before submitting as the old passport had run out of pages but didn't mention it in the application. Thanks again
Be positive and optimistic. I can assure you that late refusals are rare (but it can happen). From your situation I can see that there are many factors that can cause delay. For example, extensive travel history and verification of multiple PCCs. The fact that your friend's file progressed smoothly doesn't guarantee your file's smooth processing because such verification and security clearance can move at different pace for different people as it involves multiple agencies in a number of regions.

If they have any confusion about your file they can always communicate with you, and even arrange an interview for more elaborate discussions.

Have you considered ordering GCMS notes or sending them an email?

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
M glad at least something as every time I check it wont move..
We are tired and done with all that wait :/ i didnt want to move in september in order to have time to familiarise with the climate but seems that it will not be the case in addition i have my dautgher's back to school :/

Reactions: mamgain

kokanyi1

Aug 5, 2017
Be positive and optimistic. I can assure you that late refusals are rare (but it can happen). From your situation I can see that there are many factors that can cause delay. For example, extensive travel history and verification of multiple PCCs. The fact that your friend's file progressed smoothly doesn't guarantee your file's smooth processing because such verification and security clearance can move at different pace for different people as it involves multiple agencies in a number of regions.

If they have any confusion about your file they can always communicate with you, and even arrange an interview for more elaborate discussions.

Have you considered ordering GCMS notes or sending them an email?
Thanks again @nazmulhoque, I guess I'll be positive and just wait. It's 5 months, hoping it doesn't go beyond 6 months. I'll wait for maybe another 2 weeks before sending them an email. Thanks