+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-APR AOR March 2017 pool - join here

DaMask

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
They did it was mentioned on my first gcms
Hey guys! Something weird happened in my profile....After submitting additional documents back in August, the line "Review of Additional Documents" in my profile had "We do not need additional documents".....I logged in today and it's now saying "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details". There's no message. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Thank you!!! :)

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Hey guys! Something weird happened in my profile....After submitting additional documents back in August, the line "Review of Additional Documents" in my profile had "We do not need additional documents".....I logged in today and it's now saying "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details". There's no message. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Thank you!!! :)
have you ordered gcms recently? it changes when they are generating gcms.

Reactions: DaMask

DaMask

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
have you ordered gcms recently? it changes when they are generating gcms.
Yes, I did order my GCMS for the first time in over 8 months as I am very sick of waiting! It's really strange because GCMS should have nothing to do with requesting additional documents from! But oh well, if this is how they operate :) So I take it it's happened to other people? Does it change back to "No additional documents required" once they issue GCMS? :)

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Yes, I did order my GCMS for the first time in over 8 months as I am very sick of waiting! It's really strange because GCMS should have nothing to do with requesting additional documents from! But oh well, if this is how they operate :) So I take it it's happened to other people? Does it change back to "No additional documents required" once they issue GCMS? :)
yes it does change back. My theory is that they have to change something in the system in order to get some data or something i have no idea. But yes it happened with lots of other people.

DaMask

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
yes it does change back. My theory is that they have to change something in the system in order to get some data or something i have no idea. But yes it happened with lots of other people.
What's the word on the March applicants? Does the majority have the decision by now or is the majority still waiting? I think most of Feb ones are through but not sure what the situation is with March...??? From looking at the previous posts some people are asking what to do if their medicals expire.....scary...:(

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
What's the word on the March applicants? Does the majority have the decision by now or is the majority still waiting? I think most of Feb ones are through but not sure what the situation is with March...??? From looking at the previous posts some people are asking what to do if their medicals expire.....scary...:(
im at 244 days and 34 days from IP2. Waiting for GCMS next week. I am sure i will find the deadly SS.

DaMask

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
im at 244 days and 34 days from IP2. Waiting for GCMS next week. I am sure i will find the deadly SS.
I am at 8 months and 1 week...waiting for my GCMS in early Dec...thought I'd be nice and not bother them ordering GCMS before 6 months :) What does IP2 mean exactly?

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
I made a mistake when claiming points for educationnal :) my fault

Refused at final review after security check strange but real lol
It's great that you have reapplied and things are progressing smoothly. Never lose hope. This time you'll get success! Perseverance and resilience are everything. And also optimism!

Reactions: Maryz

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Dear friends,

Ottawa or Toronto?

I have received my visa (valid till first week of Feb. 2018) and COPR. I am planning to land in the first week of Jan. 2018.

I need your kind advice on my landing options. I am willing to land and settle either in Toronto or Ottawa. I actually don't have any close relative at any part of Canada. So all provinces are same to me. However, I am considering factors like living expenses, job opportunities, weather, diversity and access to higher education (PhD) in making my decision about landing.

I know Toronto is a bigger, diverse and more vibrant city. Bigger cities offer more job opportunities but the level of competition is also high. Toronto also has a larger corporate landscape, which adds to the diverse job opportunities of the city. The cultural and entertainment options are also abundant compared to Ottawa. Also Toronto has a larger Asian migrant community, which makes you feel at home. Toronto also has a warmer weather compared to Ottawa. However, Toronto is more expensive and hyper. It's a bit like London, where I stayed for my Postgraduate study for sometimes.

Ottawa, on the other hand, is less expensive and has a lower unemployment rate. It's less hyper and less competitive to some extent (correct me if I am wrong). However, many people say being bilingual gives you an edge in getting a job in Ottawa. It's also a bit colder than Toronto and many people say it's a boring city.

I will be grateful if friends and seniors in the forum help me make a wiser decision.

Should it be Toronto or Ottawa?

I am not super rich by the way! I work in the higher education sector.

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Congratulations ! I would recommended to land in Ottawa where you can start working faster and build a sustainable situation then if get bored after one year you can move at least with a first Canadian experience it can help when searching work in Toronto

All the best to come!!

Dear friends,

Ottawa or Toronto?

I have received my visa (valid till first week of Feb. 2018) and COPR. I am planning to land in the first week of Jan. 2018.

I need your kind advice on my landing options. I am willing to land and settle either in Toronto or Ottawa. I actually don't have any close relative at any part of Canada. So all provinces are same to me. However, I am considering factors like living expenses, job opportunities, weather, diversity and access to higher education (PhD) in making my decision about landing.

I know Toronto is a bigger, diverse and more vibrant city. Bigger cities offer more job opportunities but the level of competition is also high. Toronto also has a larger corporate landscape, which adds to the diverse job opportunities of the city. The cultural and entertainment options are also abundant compared to Ottawa. Also Toronto has a larger Asian migrant community, which makes you feel at home. Toronto also has a warmer weather compared to Ottawa. However, Toronto is more expensive and hyper. It's a bit like London, where I stayed for my Postgraduate study for sometimes.

Ottawa, on the other hand, is less expensive and has a lower unemployment rate. It's less hyper and less competitive to some extent (correct me if I am wrong). However, many people say being bilingual gives you an edge in getting a job in Ottawa. It's also a bit colder than Toronto and many people say it's a boring city.

I will be grateful if friends and seniors in the forum help me make a wiser decision.

Should it be Toronto or Ottawa?

I am not super rich by the way! I work in the higher education sector.

Reactions: KASK

yyzjamu

Jul 21, 2016
Dubai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wifes passport has less than 6 months of validity left. So we sent it to get renewed. A week later I got a notification from London VO for bio page and height and eye color details. So I sent in everything including my wifes new passport. I called CIC today and they said only London VO can give me updates if I need to update anything.

Does anyone know how long London VO takes to process paper work?
At what stage am I now and when can I expect to hear something?

BrijeshMehta

Sep 26, 2017
It's PPR...on 16 Nov. :)...Passport submitted on 17 Nov. From what I came to know from my registered immigrantion agent - a record number of PPR's have been issued on 16 Nov. Seems like immigration wants to clear all back logs before going into holiday season so to reach the agreed immigration number/stats for this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: mamgain