+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-APR AOR March 2017 pool - join here

jiaweimartinguo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it is the last step. Do you know if your eligibility has passed? It could be they are still reviewing your eligibility - your security check will only be initiated after the case analyst's done reviewing all your docs and recommends a pass on eligibility.
Security is checked against a few databases to detect any association with terrorism and what not. Legalfalcon had a very detailed post explaining the application process and what's being checked in each step. I don't have the link but should be pretty easy to find.
thanks for the reply. i am not sure if the eligibility passed. i called cic , the agent mentioned my medical looked good i dont remember if she mentioned my eligiblity but security not started as she said.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Hi doge, thanks for the encouragement!
I hope so.. I had a bad luck with CIC last time when I applied for PGWP.. It took almost for 6 months to get approved and they told me my application was randomly selected and sent for special investigation. I could neither do anything nor leave Canada so it was a very very hard time. Ultimately I sought for local MP's help. So I hope I won't fall under an exceptional case again!

KatelynW. krishramesh
Let's hope for the best! I will inform as soon as I get any update =)
Thanks, Layla, I would like to ask you about one thing. What does your "Additional Document" section say online?

Mine has been saying "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details" since CIC's website upgrade on Jun 6th. But there is no additional message below..

Okay, forget about the greyed out part..I just got a response from one of their agent through email telling me that "We do not require any information from you at the present time".

It seems that they have not yet fixed their system glitch.

Last edited:

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi Friends,
I sent my resume to CIC today. Could you please help me what the next step is? And how long does it take?
Express Entry
FSW-Inland
AOR- Marh 9th
Medical Passed: April 29th
BGC: N/A ( I Do not know when it changed)
June 11: Additional Document(resume)

Gayathri1985

May 19, 2017
AOR Received.
05Apr2017
Med's Done....
25Apr2017
Hi Friends, I got email from CIC asking following information: Please help me what does this imply?

Dear (My Name), This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents: 

UCI Number - My Name: 

RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, please provide us with a recent RCMP fingerprint criminal record check. This must be received at this office by: 2017/07/13

You must send us the requested information by email within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please scan and email the required document(s) as attachments to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and put your application number in the subject line.
What is your time line SentRaj?

lovish kaushal

May 11, 2017
Dude, you did what they asked for. Your best bet would be to call CIC and confirm with them if they need visa info. Good Luck!

Hello Seniors

I am a FSW-O March applicant. A bit of background on my application:

I applied in March, 2017 with my passport expiring in October 2017. Although I could have renewed my passport prior to submitting my application. I did not want to take any chances as all my supporting documents refer to my passport number which was due to expire in October, 2017.

Subsequently, I renewed my passport in the 1st week of May - 2017and notified CIC about the changes to my application through a CSE. However, I did not receive any form of acknowledgement from CIC that my application has been updated with my new passport. Therefore, I raised a second CSE on June 06. As a consequence of the CSE (big a$$ assumption), Today I received a letter from CIC which states:

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

Passport/Travel Document: Please provide a copy of new passport. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months.

This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/20

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

Following instructions of the above letter, I uploaded my new passport's biographic details page along with 4 visa stamps on my cic page (there was an additional section 'replacement document' to upload this) . However, I did not include the visa stamps as part of CSE entries in May and June as I assumed it would be irrelevant as they were only to my home country and the other visa stamp was a schengen visa (I did not yet make the trip - so no port of entry/exit stamp).

I would be grateful, if any of the seniors on the forum can help me decode this letter. My questions...

· Does the above letter from CIC indicate that my application is almost through and PPR is around the corner or this is a typical response to a CSE?

· Since I did not include the visa stamps on my passport while raising a CSE in June (I travelled in May) - will I be found guilty of misrepresentation?

Your responses will be much appreciated and might bring solace to this worried PR aspirant.

Reactions: hari_1326

coolrc_04

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hello everyone !! I sent an email to cic yesterday and just got their response.

Your file is at CPC-O. Eligibility, Criminality, Medical and Info Sharing are currently passed/complete.

When can i expect PPR. Currently my BG is at NA since may 26.
can you please share what did you ask in your email? Did you just ask about the status of your application or something else? Thanks

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Hi Friends, I got email from CIC asking following information: Please help me what does this imply?

Dear (My Name), This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents: 

UCI Number - My Name: 

RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, please provide us with a recent RCMP fingerprint criminal record check. This must be received at this office by: 2017/07/13

You must send us the requested information by email within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please scan and email the required document(s) as attachments to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and put your application number in the subject line.
Hi, I got the same message . Found a third party service provider and gave them my finger prints who digitilized them
And sent it to rcmp and then back to me . Reliability Screening solutions based in. Ottawa. Good co.

Gwalia

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Chicago
Category........
Hi Guys,

My timeline is:

AOR: March 3rd 2017
Medical passed: April 21st 2017
Background - In progress 1- April 21st 2017
Background- not applicable- April 28th 2017
Background- we are processing your background check- June 9th 2017.

So is this IP2?

If yes, anyone else in same situation as me? I have not received PPR email yet and waiting and checking email every 5 mins.

When do you think I should be getting PPR email?

Thanks!

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi Friends,
I sent my resume to CIC today. Could you please help me what the next step is? And how long does it take?
Express Entry
FSW-Inland
AOR- Marh 9th
Medical Passed: April 29th
BGC: N/A ( I Do not know when it changed)
June 11: Additional Document(resume)

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
Hey have you ordered GCMS notes? If not, I recommend you doing that. Because if you've seen my timeline (scroll back a couple pages to last Friday when I got PPR), you'll see that it only took 2 days for me to go from N/A to IP2. I highly suspected the fact that ordering GCMS triggered everything for me - maybe because the VO/Analyst didn't feel like updating anything in the CIC account until the very end. I also emailed CPC-Ottawa in May and they confirmed their office had my application. But then again, it's all pure speculation at this point, I'll for sure share the actual details when I do receive my notes. For now, just keep calm, have faith and wait for PPR :)
I thought about ordering GCMS notes, but it takes so long to receive it. It'd be useless to me if it comes after I receive PPR. I always think that my PPR is coming soon so that I don't need to order GCMS. They also requested travel documents on the same date when my status changed to NA. So I guess that's why it delays my PPR.

And in the letter, it says "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents".
It makes me think that I'm probably really close to get PPR. But I've never traveled to another country other than country of origin and Canada. This request is so lame and pointless. :(

happy123_2017

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
I thought about ordering GCMS notes, but it takes so long to receive it. It'd be useless to me if it comes after I receive PPR. I always think that my PPR is coming soon so that I don't need to order GCMS. They also requested travel documents on the same date when my status changed to NA. So I guess that's why it delays my PPR.

And in the letter, it says "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents".
It makes me think that I'm probably really close to get PPR. But I've never traveled to another country other than country of origin and Canada. This request is so lame and pointless. :(
I would still go ahead and order it - you can go with the free one if you don't want to pay $5. It doesn't hurt and might trigger some system updates.

If you don't mind me asking, was your PCC for the country of origin obtained after the last time you visited the country? There's been debate on whether it has to be issued after you leave the country - if you got yours during your visit last time, this could be the reason why your travel history was requested.

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
I would still go ahead and order it - you can go with the free one if you don't want to pay $5. It doesn't hurt and might trigger some system updates.

If you don't mind me asking, was your PCC for the country of origin obtained after the last time you visited the country? There's been debate on whether it has to be issued after you leave the country - if you got yours during your visit last time, this could be the reason why your travel history was requested.
I just ordered it lol. Fingers crossed that it does trigger them to process my case faster. I did see some people are wondering about that. I was worried a little bit. I went back 10 days just to get the PCC. The end date on the PCC is just a few days before I left the country. I think they requested the travel history may also be because I have US visa, but I've never been to US.

happy123_2017

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
I just ordered it lol. Fingers crossed that it does trigger them to process my case faster. I did see some people are wondering about that. I was worried a little bit. I went back 10 days just to get the PCC. The end date on the PCC is just a few days before I left the country. I think they requested the travel history may also be because I have US visa, but I've never been to US.
Best of luck!!!
oh another thing, have you tried calling CIC? Do you know if your eligibility has been met?