+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Dear all,
I recently took ielts, but I used my Emirates ID (UAE National ID) to register for the exam. Hence, the name on ielts is my name plus my father's name. On the passport, its only my name obviously, although my father's name. Is mentioned in the "Father's name" section in passport too. Is this a problem? If yes, any work around for this?
Not an issue. I used the IELTS i gave in Dubai with the Emirates ID document

azhar1989

Jun 7, 2018
RTA driver history is good to have if you wanna avoid going through long driver test router here in Canada.
Most insurance companies do not accept UAE No claim's letter. All State does that but again it differs from agent 2 agent.
if you are travelling with children keep their original birth certificate with you in your hand baggage. You may be asked before you board
Thank you for your feedback, Abbas!
Could you also help me with this - Can I drive on an IDL or Dubai driving license for 60 days after arriving as claimed by a few others on this thread?
I'd like you to know that I landed in 2019 October and returned to Dubai, made another trip to Canada in Jan 2020 and returned again. During both these trips, I drove on an IDL. So now, when I finally move for good in a few months, can I still drive on IDL/Dubai license for a few days before I manage to get my Ontario driving license?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you for your feedback, Abbas!
Could you also help me with this - Can I drive on an IDL or Dubai driving license for 60 days after arriving as claimed by a few others on this thread?
I'd like you to know that I landed in 2019 October and returned to Dubai, made another trip to Canada in Jan 2020 and returned again. During both these trips, I drove on an IDL. So now, when I finally move for good in a few months, can I still drive on IDL/Dubai license for a few days before I manage to get my Ontario driving license?
Hey Azhar,
Not sure if I will be able to answer your question...
Here is my own experience...
I got the IDL from Dubai when I was leaving the country.
I moved here on a work permit.
When I rented the car here in Toronto they did not even ask me for the IDL.
All they asked me was the current drivers license..

Last edited:
Reactions: azhar1989
Aug 9, 2021
Hi qorax,

It's a good approach to share the timeline especially for those who are applying from Dubai. Please tell your NOC.

I would like to ask one question to those who are in the field of finance. Is it worth to do MBA in finance from Canada if anybody is looking for a job in the field of finance in Canada.

Please respond to my query.

azhar1989

Jun 7, 2018
Hey Azhar,
Not sure if I will be able to answer your question...
Here is my own experience...
I got the IDL from Dubai when I was leaving the country.
I moved here on a work permit.
When I rented the car here in Toronto they did not even ask me for the IDL.
All they asked me was the current drivers license..
Thank you Abbas. Should I then check with Service Ontario after I reach to confirm that I can drive on IDL/Dubai DL?

Besides the driving license, if you think of any other documents that may be helpful, please do let me know

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Thank you Abbas. Should I then check with Service Ontario after I reach to confirm that I can drive on IDL/Dubai DL?

Besides the driving license, if you think of any other documents that may be helpful, please do let me know
With any country licence, we are allowed to drive for 3 months in ontorio and 1 year on IDL international driving licence..based on my study

Reactions: azhar1989

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Driver license history from RTA incase you have not done it so
Make sure all your accounts in UAE are closed include Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, DEWA, Etisalat/Du etc, and no over due payment is there on it...

Last edited:
Reactions: RM777 and azhar1989

janaor2021

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2021
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here on the forums, I want to know :
1. if there are any other applicants with Jan'21 AOR
2. If anyone here have ordered the GCMS notes and if there has been any movement in their files ?

Regards,
A fellow Dubai applicant.

• Sad
Reactions: Shally shals

Ashbeel

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
19-02-2021
Nomination.....
02-03-2021
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
Med's Done....
04-01-2021
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here on the forums, I want to know :
1. if there are any other applicants with Jan'21 AOR
2. If anyone here have ordered the GCMS notes and if there has been any movement in their files ?

Regards,
A fellow Dubai applicant.
Hi,

I am Mar'21 AOR and have applied for GCMS notes a few days ago. Will update here once this is received.

My wife is the primary applicant and our file is in London Visa Office. Is this normal?

Reactions: janaor2021

janaor2021

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2021
Hi,

I am Mar'21 AOR and have applied for GCMS notes a few days ago. Will update here once this is received.

My wife is the primary applicant and our file is in London Visa Office. Is this normal?
Nice, Waiting for the GCMS update. Have you requested them from IRCC / CBSA, or both ?

I have no idea about the different visa offices. I believe this question would be better asked to LegalFalcon in the March 2021 AOR thread.

For comparison, my primary office is the CPC-Ottawa and the secondary office is the Centralized Intake Office.

AANNA

Jan 1, 2022
I have a query related to passport stamping:
I am the main applicant and my spouse is the dependent. We applied for Canada EE from India and done with medical. Recently I gave my biometric and spouse biometric isn’t asked yet as he was requested PCC from Oman. Also my spouse moved to Dubai on work permit. Now my concern is related to passport submission ( I know it will take time to receive PPR but I want to explore options ). After receiving PPR, can he submit passport in VFS Dubai in person( is this option available) or does he need to opt for 2- way courier which will be picked from house. ?

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
I have a query related to passport stamping:
I am the main applicant and my spouse is the dependent. We applied for Canada EE from India and done with medical. Recently I gave my biometric and spouse biometric isn’t asked yet as he was requested PCC from Oman. Also my spouse moved to Dubai on work permit. Now my concern is related to passport submission ( I know it will take time to receive PPR but I want to explore options ). After receiving PPR, can he submit passport in VFS Dubai in person( is this option available) or does he need to opt for 2- way courier which will be picked from house. ?
he can walking & submit passport provided any explicit clause mentioned in PPR letter..which is very rare