+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

couplefromDubai

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi All,

I'm wondering, where is everyone settling once they land in Canada? and did they put on their applications. Being from Dubai, I can't imagine moving to a super small quiet place.

Any recommendations for a young Indian/Pakistani muslim couple looking to rent a Townhouse or condominium initially?

We are deciding between: Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Vaughan, and more central Toronto in the safe areas like Bloordale, Yorkville.

We are not party people but need a neighbourhood that is safe but not too quiet. Central Toronto sounds amazing but maybe there are no south asians living there so it might be a bit isolated.

Thanks

Qashraf

Jul 18, 2020
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct 2019
AOR Received.
Yes
Hi guys , what a nice idea!
I have a question please I have applied for work permit in Canada embassy in Abu Dhabi along with the support letter from Newfoundland province office and the application has completed one year now is that normal and what would be the next step like interview or just approval and original passport hand over ?

thank you I wish you all the best of luck in this pandemic

couplefromDubai

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
What did everyone put when asked for 'National Identity Document' on form imm0008?

I am an Indian national living in Dubai since 25 years. Do I just use my Emirates ID? I am not sure what to use? help!!

KhushalK

Oct 13, 2020
Hi all,
I live in Dubai. I used my emirates ID while doing the IELTS examination and my name in the test result form does not match exactly with passport. Any idea how much of a problem is it while filling up the ITA? And chances of rejection?
Thanks,
Khushal

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
it can creat a problem or confusion if you left it unexplained. However, if you attach a copy of the Emirates id along with an explanation letter this would probably suffice and any rational person will be able to tell that it is the same person who took the exam especially that your picture is on the Emirates id and i am sure the difference in name isn’t significant

if you want extra assurance, you can raise a request to the federal authority of citizenship to match your Emirates id to the passport and then approach the British counsil or idp and try to get them to issue a new test form. Show them a proof of the change request and explain everything i see no reason why they would refuse.

If they refuse, you can resort to the first option but also attach the change request raised to authority and the revised Emirates ID, this could serve as extra proof that your Emirates did indeed have a different name on it.

KhushalK

Oct 13, 2020
it can creat a problem or confusion if you left it unexplained. However, if you attach a copy of the Emirates id along with an explanation letter this would probably suffice and any rational person will be able to tell that it is the same person who took the exam especially that your picture is on the Emirates id and i am sure the difference in name isn’t significant

if you want extra assurance, you can raise a request to the federal authority of citizenship to match your Emirates id to the passport and then approach the British counsil or idp and try to get them to issue a new test form. Show them a proof of the change request and explain everything i see no reason why they would refuse.

If they refuse, you can resort to the first option but also attach the change request raised to authority and the revised Emirates ID, this could serve as extra proof that your Emirates did indeed have a different name on it.
Thanks for your detailed explanation. It seems logical enough. I did call the Federal Authority of Citizenship, but strangely they said they cannot modify my name on the Emirates ID card and I need to get my name modified on my visa before they can do that!! Perhaps I may need to make a visit to the office directly. Getting this done will largely solve the problem.
I guess part of my rationale for posting it here was also to get some assurance that my decision to use my Emirates ID wasn’t disastrous, and that I’m not alone in this and people in the same situation have actually received their CoPRs successfully.

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Thanks for your detailed explanation. It seems logical enough. I did call the Federal Authority of Citizenship, but strangely they said they cannot modify my name on the Emirates ID card and I need to get my name modified on my visa before they can do that!! Perhaps I may need to make a visit to the office directly. Getting this done will largely solve the problem.
I guess part of my rationale for posting it here was also to get some assurance that my decision to use my Emirates ID wasn’t disastrous, and that I’m not alone in this and people in the same situation have actually received their CoPRs successfully.
I do believe that it is the case, that you have to change your name on the visa as Emirates ID and visa are both linked. However do indeed visit them and double check of what needs to be done and do it. I know of someone who had a similar problem of name mismatch (has nothing to do with Canada immigration though) and he had his name amended, it took about a month i think, but he is based in AD.

i don’t think there is anything wrong at all with you using Emirates id. The British council/IDP consider it an acceptable form of identification , period. This what counts. IRCC accepts IELTS exams conducted by these institutions so automatically all their exam rules and procedures are accepted by ircc, no one can question you on not using the passport since you were given a different option.

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
Hi. I stay in abudhabi. I will be submitting my MOL. So do we have to get the labor contract attested?
I only have the soft copy given by my organization. Please help

Haith

Dec 8, 2020
Hello guys,
I received a passport request from Cairo VO, but I'm living in UAE, can I submit my passport through VFS

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
Hello guys,
I received a passport request from Cairo VO, but I'm living in UAE, can I submit my passport through VFS
When was your AOR

Sid2020

Aug 31, 2020
Hi all, I would like to get suggestions on a FastTrack MBA which can be approved by IQAS / ICES, however something that is reasonable. My CRS is as of today 462 with IELTS 8777 (CLB9)