+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I managed to get a letter from Abu Dhabi traffic. But the thing is they just print it on the ordinary paper with a blank ink printer containing the company logo. They put stamped on it and signed. There is both English and Arabic on the letter. Is this okay or it should be printed in their letterhead?

One more question is my Abu dhabi driving license is written also both in Arabic and English, is this enough or I have to go to a translation in pure English?

Did anyone have the experience using their Abu Dhabi driving license to acquire one in Ontario, specifically in Ottawa?

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
suwail said:
I managed to get a letter from Abu Dhabi traffic. But the thing is they just print it on the ordinary paper with a blank ink printer containing the company logo. They put stamped on it and signed. There is both English and Arabic on the letter. Is this okay or it should be printed in their letterhead?

One more question is my Abu dhabi driving license is written also both in Arabic and English, is this enough or I have to go to a translation in pure English?

Did anyone have the experience using their Abu Dhabi driving license to acquire one in Ontario, specifically in Ottawa?
Hi...i have personally gone thru this process in abudhabi for a friend of mine who had migrated last year to Toronto, ON. Your letter is fine and thats the standard format and even your UAE DL will be accepted in the way it is as long as it in not in complete Arabic .

Whereas recently i have obtained for myself a Sharjah DL letter from SHJ Traffic dept. which is completely in arabic and i have got it translated and certified by a Legal translator in uae. Hopefully it should be fine.

Good luck .

Jun 6, 2011
hi to every one

i have applied in october-2009, now my form is at UK immigration office, i pay fee only for myself as well as i wrote i will not accompany my family, but now i need, my family should accompany with me, please can you help me in this regards what should do i do.

thanks and regards

pardeep kumar oad

Bonjourcanada

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
27 May 2009
AOR Received.
27 May 2009
IELTS Request
27 May 2009
Med's Request
28 April 2010 (received on 24 May 2010)
Med's Done....
28 Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2011
LANDED..........
27th May 2011
suwail said:

Its absolutely no poblem. I got a similar one from Dubai RTA, but still applied for a DL in Toronto & they accepted it. But be sure that your name as per your current passport should match with your experience certificate else they reject here. Since you have it english also, you don't need a translation.

Bonjour canada

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonjourcanada said:
Its absolutely no poblem. I got a similar one from Dubai RTA, but still applied for a DL in Toronto & they accepted it. But be sure that your name as per your current passport should match with your experience certificate else they reject here. Since you have it english also, you don't need a translation.

Bonjour canada
Thank you very much!

hani36

Mar 2, 2011
mappleleaf said:
Hi Hani,

If you have emirates id with you, then you can also apply online (dubaipolice.gov.ae). In this case there is no need for arabic translation, no need to visit typing center. You can pay online and the certificate will be delivered by empost. The processing time is usually 5-6 days.

Thanks,

Rishi
thanks for your replies Biju & Rishi
wow.....everything online means no need to visit the station, thats nice
once again thanks for the info/advice

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
Bonjourcanada said:

Bonjour canada
hi buddy

nice to hear from u . hope u & everybody r having a great time over there. IMP question - so u have applied for the DL there???? so whn thy will give the test and whts the procedure. can we manage all in the fews days there????
Thanks

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
Hi Friends

At last a big full stop for the short journey (when i compare to my 2007 applicant brothers ) of 21 months of waiting and processing times.

Thanks to allll and Captain Qorax for all the brotherly support, advice and assistance

Got my PP back with the beautiful shinning Maple leaf stamp today on 6/6/11. :D :D

Now the real action period starts 8) 8)

God bless and Good luck to all those who are in different levels, My prayers are always there for u

Biju

Bonjourcanada

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
27 May 2009
AOR Received.
27 May 2009
IELTS Request
27 May 2009
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2011
LANDED..........
27th May 2011
bijupv007 said:
hi buddy

nice to hear from u . hope u & everybody r having a great time over there. IMP question - so u have applied for the DL there???? so whn thy will give the test and whts the procedure. can we manage all in the fews days there????
Thanks

Biju
Dear Biju,

Yes, its possible.

I have trouble as the name as per my current passport is different from the certificate, as Dubai DL is issued based on my old passport. So, could not register for the test. My wife did and it was accepted.

We went to the testing centre on Monday the 30th May and paid 75 for registration and 10 for the written test. We carried the experience letter from the UAE and the passport. She had eye testing and photographs there itself (at the same counter-took about 10 mins) and they took her test immediately. It was a paper-pencil test. 20 questions on rules and 20 on the signs. She took around 30 mins to complete it and passed the written test. They issued her temporary G1 license. We need to score 75% to pass. If we fail, we can pay CAD 10 and take another test immediately. Either we can buy a ‘Drivers Manual’ which costs about CAD 16 to prepare for the test or logon to apnatoronto.com and take the sample tests. My wife practiced on the website and passed the exam.

Then we went to a training centre in Mississauga and paid for 3 classes (which includes pickup from hotel, 3 classes of 45 mins each), they charged us 204 (including taxes). The lady in the training centre applied online for the road test (G license) and paid another 75 for the road test. (its 40 CAD if we opt for G2 license). She has the test on 7th June at Oaksville. The test will be for 30 mins and they test on the highways as well. Everything is similar except the right and left turn. So, it hardly took 9 days for the entire procedure. I heard there are training centres which charge less also.

Also remember that the guy in the testing centre, was particular on the expiry date of our experience letter.

Bonjour Canada

Bonjourcanada

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
27 May 2009
AOR Received.
27 May 2009
IELTS Request
27 May 2009
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2011
LANDED..........
27th May 2011
bijupv007 said:
Hi Friends

At last a big full stop for the short journey (when i compare to my 2007 applicant brothers ) of 21 months of waiting and processing times.

Thanks to allll and Captain Qorax for all the brotherly support, advice and assistance

Got my PP back with the beautiful shinning Maple leaf stamp today on 6/6/11. :D :D

Biju
Big CONGRATULATIONS BIJU !

We are expecting a big party during our next meet...

Bonjour Canada

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
bijupv007 said:
Hi Friends

God bless and Good luck to all those who are in different levels, My prayers are always there for u

Biju

Congrats brother!!!!!!

It's a party time now!!
Hope to see u soon and be the part of ur happiness!!

Cheers...

Liferocks

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Muscat
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
Doc's Request.
22-07-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
9-6-2010
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LIFE IS ROCKING...LIFEROCKS...LIFEROCKS... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Praise The Lord!!
At last received the much awaited shiny maple leaf stamp on our passports..
A big thanks to everyone in this forum………
Thanks Anwar you were an all time support maintaining our progress list and morale…
Especially Qorax and Explorer101 who adviced me about my child’s education…
Mezo who lifted my low spirits with his statistical informations…
Kshanker, Aspire, Keny, Chintu, Satdxb, Kool_virgo5,………and all my buddies who were with me in this forum as a big support, god bless you all and may all your dreams come true…
The last but not the least Xenos who has become a good friend sharing a good rapport and a bondage which is developing each day and helping us to giggle our way towards our Toronto dreams.

AS THE HINDI MOVIE SONG GOES...NAGADA NAGADA BAJAA.......IT IS A TIME FOR CELEBRATIONS.. :p :p :p :p :p :p

Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
Bonjourcanada said:
Dear Biju,

Yes, its possible.

I have trouble as the name as per my current passport is different from the certificate, as Dubai DL is issued based on my old passport. So, could not register for the test. My wife did and it was accepted.

We went to the testing centre on Monday the 30th May and paid 75 for registration and 10 for the written test. We carried the experience letter from the UAE and the passport. She had eye testing and photographs there itself (at the same counter-took about 10 mins) and they took her test immediately. It was a paper-pencil test. 20 questions on rules and 20 on the signs. She took around 30 mins to complete it and passed the written test. They issued her temporary G1 license. We need to score 75% to pass. If we fail, we can pay CAD 10 and take another test immediately. Either we can buy a ‘Drivers Manual' which costs about CAD 16 to prepare for the test or logon to apnatoronto.com and take the sample tests. My wife practiced on the website and passed the exam.

Then we went to a training centre in Mississauga and paid for 3 classes (which includes pickup from hotel, 3 classes of 45 mins each), they charged us 204 (including taxes). The lady in the training centre applied online for the road test (G license) and paid another 75 for the road test. (its 40 CAD if we opt for G2 license). She has the test on 7th June at Oaksville. The test will be for 30 mins and they test on the highways as well. Everything is similar except the right and left turn. So, it hardly took 9 days for the entire procedure. I heard there are training centres which charge less also.

Also remember that the guy in the testing centre, was particular on the expiry date of our experience letter.

Bonjour Canada
Dear BonjourCanada,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

1. Pls. let me know the validity for Driving Exp. Letter ( i heard it will b mentioned 3 mnths on the letter.. is
this the same period ?)

2. I believe ur wife had driving exp. letter from dubai !

3. Did you register for G1 Lic. (due to Name in Driv. Exp. letter)

Wish you good luck..
appan.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Liferocks said:
LIFE IS ROCKING...LIFEROCKS...LIFEROCKS... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Praise The Lord!!
At last received the much awaited shiny maple leaf stamp on our passports..
A big thanks to everyone in this forum.........
Thanks Anwar you were an all time support maintaining our progress list and morale...
Especially Qorax and Explorer101 who adviced me about my child's education...
Mezo who lifted my low spirits with his statistical informations...
Kshanker, Aspire, Keny, Chintu, Satdxb, Kool_virgo5,.........and all my buddies who were with me in this forum as a big support, god bless you all and may all your dreams come true...
The last but not the least Xenos who has become a good friend sharing a good rapport and a bondage which is developing each day and helping us to giggle our way towards our Toronto dreams.

AS THE HINDI MOVIE SONG GOES...NAGADA NAGADA BAJAA.......IT IS A TIME FOR CELEBRATIONS.. :p :p :p :p :p :p
Congrats Life rocks..!!

Cheers..