+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

S

shibuya

Hi Zagy,
Congrats on getting the visas. Your patience has helped you to now accomplish your dreams in those greener pastures.
Never give up HOPE in Life.

Regards,
Shibuya

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mezo2009 said:
So zagy, the whole process took 20 months since you filed your app to CIO. Correct?
Yes, 20 months, even after 3-4 months delayed by me in submission of documents.

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibuya said:
Hi Zagy,
Congrats on getting the visas. Your patience has helped you to now accomplish your dreams in those greener pastures.
Never give up HOPE in Life.

Regards,
Shibuya
Thank you Shibuya,

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
zagy said:
Yes, 20 months, even after 3-4 months delayed by me in submission of documents.
Thanks Zagy, truly appreciated. Good luck in your new life. Hope your dreams come true.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
@ Thommo

Hi Thommo,

That is fine, there is no specified time limit on when you get the declared items in goods to follow list.

Best wishes
Nav

Thommo said:
Thanks to you and Biju for replies.
We may not shift to Canada permanently for another couple of years. Is there any time limit within which goods mentioned in B4A form must be brought into Canada? We intend to take jewelery to Canada only at the time of permanent shifting. Would it be fine?

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax and All friends!!

Now its a time to discuss about the settlement issues. I need serious advices to finalize my relocation an the basis of following:-

Total family members = 6 ( me, my wife and 4 kids between five to thirteen years old)
PA Profession = Accounts and Finance
Funds available = AED 200K
Job in UAE = Satisfactory
last date to enter Canada = 01-08-2011

My questions:-

1- Shall we move altogether? or Shall I go first and Call the others later?

2- What size of flat will be enough and how much will be a rent in a decent community in Toronto?

3- Shall I quit the job before leaving or take vacation and come back to resign? (being a finance person I have to give them a sufficient time to get the replacement and I have to handover every thing to new guy)

4- Some times I think to close the chapter of UAE, rent out the home in Pakistan, take my family and relocate to Canada. Than start my struggle with full force. Is it wise decision?

5- All other suggestions are welcome from all the friends that could help me in to finalize my relocation issue.

Thanks in advance!!

pakilarka

Mar 4, 2011
Hi I started a new thread for my Dubai questions about debt and would appreciate if anyone has some answers for me

Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I left about 18 months ago with unpaid credit card debts and now I hve recently done medicals and the counsulate is doing background checks...

As I understand it they usually try to cash the security check and then register a police case against you. I managed to get a clear PCC from Dubai about 9 months after I left....I don't know if a case has been registered against me since then...

If a case has been registered against me will it show on background check leading to denial of PR? Is it possible for me to at that stage take care of the debt and get a clean record? Anyone with experience in Dubai pls help I am very very tensed

I was told on my thread that my name is on immigration watch list now and which means there is a case against me and probably have been sentced to jail or something. I don't know if this is considered a crime in Canada or how will CIC react if discovered during background checks? Can I still pay the Bank and get a clearance from them and then the police case will go away for am I finished with my dreams for Canada?

Ca

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pakilarka said:
Hi I started a new thread for my Dubai questions about debt and would appreciate if anyone has some answers for me

Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I left about 18 months ago with unpaid credit card debts and now I hve recently done medicals and the counsulate is doing background checks...

As I understand it they usually try to cash the security check and then register a police case against you. I managed to get a clear PCC from Dubai about 9 months after I left....I don't know if a case has been registered against me since then...

If a case has been registered against me will it show on background check leading to denial of PR? Is it possible for me to at that stage take care of the debt and get a clean record? Anyone with experience in Dubai pls help I am very very tensed

I was told on my thread that my name is on immigration watch list now and which means there is a case against me and probably have been sentced to jail or something. I don't know if this is considered a crime in Canada or how will CIC react if discovered during background checks? Can I still pay the Bank and get a clearance from them and then the police case will go away for am I finished with my dreams for Canada?

Ca
Pay the amount and they will clear the case!!

pakilarka

Mar 4, 2011
Zagy,

Thanks for the response.

Will they clear it even if a judge has sentensed me? so there will be no criminal record?

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Hello Zagy,

Nice post. I'd like to share my thoughts as if I'm doing it. In fact this is what I will do myself.

1- I prefer going alone first. This is to pick the right neighbourhood, house, school for kids, reality check and expectations management.

I mean by reality check is that you will be the first to test life in Canada, its challenges, its goods and bads. Then you reflect on these and feel the reality.

Then, gradually you start setting your wife and kids expectations correctly. By managing their expectations correctly, you minimize the stress and mixed feelings your wife and kids will have. Expectations on cost of life; eating, going picnic, cinemas .... are all issues that your family needs to understand how they are different in canada. If your one kid gets a AED 100 a day as pocket money, he might get half it there!

2- I'm not sure about this, but picking the right size accommodation is important to settle.

3- I would rather go for one month. First, start searching jobs online at monster.ca, workpolis...etc. Then spend a month there hoping you land on a job quickly.

If it doesnt work, you would still have a job in UAE. You get a canadian phone number that can get you reachable to interview calls from Canada. Yes you will incur extra expenses but having a Canadian number makes easy for employers to approach you.

4- I am not sure it is a wise decision. You have relatively big family with various demands. Don't forget you need to control and reduce your expenses once you land. Start small better.

Keep in mind that health insurance and coverage doesnt exist for 90 days in Toronto and you have to buy yours. Buying a coverage for one is definitely affordable than 6.

Just quick thoughts and hope you have safe landing and wonderful life out there.

Cheers

Mezo

zagy said:

Now its a time to discuss about the settlement issues. I need serious advices to finalize my relocation an the basis of following:-

Total family members = 6 ( me, my wife and 4 kids between five to thirteen years old)

2- What size of flat will be enough and how much will be a rent in a decent community in Toronto?

3- Shall I quit the job before leaving or take vacation and come back to resign? (being a finance person I have to give them a sufficient time to get the replacement and I have to handover every thing to new guy)

4- Some times I think to close the chapter of UAE, rent out the home in Pakistan, take my family and relocate to Canada. Than start my struggle with full force. Is it wise decision?

5- All other suggestions are welcome from all the friends that could help me in to finalize my relocation issue.

Thanks in advance!!

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pakilarka said:
Zagy,

Thanks for the response.

Will they clear it even if a judge has sentensed me? so there will be no criminal record?
I don't think its criminal, because of recession everybody was stuck in this problem. its better to talk to the bank and tell them that you were jobless etc,, and was not able to pay the amount. Now you are willing to settle the amount. Ask them what is the procedure. They will tell you, what to do!!

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
In such case, your name will be on police list and there will be NO COURT DECISION YET. this means that if you pay the amount, your name will be called off. Then, once you ask for PCC, most probably, it will pass with no issues.

However, you have to triple confirm that the bank notifies and withdraws its claim with local authorities and police. Usually banks get relaxed on doing so.

Good luck

pakilarka said:

Quote Modify Remove

Ca

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
zagy said:

Thanks in advance!!
Hi,

Ans: It's usually wise to 'land' alone - settle down - rent a place - fetch a job & them call-in the family.
Ans: For ages 15 & above u require separate B/rooms, but not seriously enforced... depends on the landlord though.
Ans: Replied in Ans-1. However, if funds permit & there r not much to do@homeland - many relocate@one go. I did.
Ans: Replied in Ans-3 above.

Good luck!

Qorax