Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pakilarka said:
Hi I started a new thread for my Dubai questions about debt and would appreciate if anyone has some answers for me

Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I left about 18 months ago with unpaid credit card debts and now I hve recently done medicals and the counsulate is doing background checks...

As I understand it they usually try to cash the security check and then register a police case against you. I managed to get a clear PCC from Dubai about 9 months after I left....I don't know if a case has been registered against me since then...

If a case has been registered against me will it show on background check leading to denial of PR? Is it possible for me to at that stage take care of the debt and get a clean record? Anyone with experience in Dubai pls help I am very very tensed

I was told on my thread that my name is on immigration watch list now and which means there is a case against me and probably have been sentced to jail or something. I don't know if this is considered a crime in Canada or how will CIC react if discovered during background checks? Can I still pay the Bank and get a clearance from them and then the police case will go away for am I finished with my dreams for Canada?

Ca
qorax said:
Anything can happen...
U need to keep your fingers Xed. But, if a situation so arises -- u can always pay-up, obtain a 'clean-chit' from the Bank, then go to Dubai Courts [Claims Section - Left Wing] & deposit that C/chit to clear your records with a Judicial NOC [costs AED50+50, no lawyer needed], bring that NOC to the CID dept [Ramada R/A], pay again AED50 & your record from the central computer will be removed. They'd provide u with a 'computer print-out of your named screen-shot', having 'blank' [all in Arabic] -- it'd be wise for u to hold-on to that paper for life.

Qorax

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
hi pakilarka

COOOOOOOLLLLL MAN :D

(Info from my friend who is partner in a leading debt collection agency in UAE)

If ur OUT of UAE NOW
regarding Credit card dues. the bank (debt collection agency) wil give police complaint. this wil be there in police record (computer) and immigration computer means u can apply and get a visa but whn u enter UAE u wil get arrested. after arrest only this it wil go to court.

to clear this - whn u face the prob- send a friend to speak to bank asking to waive off the addt charges(they wil happly do) and finalise a amount. GET THT AMOUNT SIGNED BY BANK DEBT COLLECTION DEPT. pay tht and ask thm to give a clearance letter to show to police + make sure thy also send clearance paper to police dept. take ur copy ,show and clear from police record. Your copy keep it with u == ur issue wil be cleared immediately.

But if arrested Yes as CAPTAIN QUORAX said need to follow all tht procedure

pakilarka said:
Zagy,
Thanks for the response.
Will they clear it even if a judge has sentensed me? so there will be no criminal record?

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi Mezo, Zagy,

I was going through similar questions and thoughts and quite agree with Mezo's perspective. Experiences from other forum members have also suggested that land, look for job, if needs be come back and continue earning at the already settled base - Dubai in our case. Once you land a job in Canada, begin to settle down and in a few months let your family follow. Reduces stress on kids and spouse. Which in turn exponentially reduces your own stress - since you quit any guilt thoughts about "when even my wife/child are UNHAPPY, did we really make the right decision..." etc. In fact I personally find a lot easier if my family is happy - in which case I wouldn't mind some extra hardships, if you get my drift.

Zagy - when are you planning to land?

>>>Mezo>>>
Quick question- you mentioned get a Canadian telephone number - sounds like a great idea. How does one do that - i.e. get a Canadian local telephone number but receive calls in Dubai? Through skype phone or similar which I can buy in Canada?

Thanks and good luck to you both!
Nav

Mezo2009 said:
Hello Zagy,

Nice post. I'd like to share my thoughts as if I'm doing it. In fact this is what I will do myself.

1- I prefer going alone first. This is to pick the right neighbourhood, house, school for kids, ........................Start small better.
Keep in mind that health insurance and coverage doesnt exist for 90 days in Toronto and you have to buy yours. Buying a coverage for one is definitely affordable than 6.
Just quick thoughts and hope you have safe landing and wonderful life out there.
Cheers
Mezo

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi,

1- Shall we move altogether? or Shall I go first and Call the others later?
Ans: It's usually wise to 'land' alone - settle down - rent a place - fetch a job & them call-in the family.
2- What size of flat will be enough and how much will be a rent in a decent community in Toronto?
Ans: For ages 15 & above u require separate B/rooms, but not seriously enforced... depends on the landlord though.
3- Shall I quit the job before leaving or take vacation and come back to resign? (being a finance person I have to give them a sufficient time to get the replacement and I have to handover every thing to new guy)
Ans: Replied in Ans-1. However, if funds permit & there r not much to do @ homeland - many relocate @ one go. I did.
4- Some times I think to close the chapter of UAE, rent out the home in Pakistan, take my family and relocate to Canada. Than start my struggle with full force. Is it wise decision?
Ans: Replied in Ans-3 above.

Good luck!

Qorax
Thanks a lot Brother Qorax and Mezo for your response!!

I am strongly thinking to do the landing at one go! Because the kids will start their Education over there and this is one one of the major reasons of migration.

Job and other issues, I am confident that Allah will solve these issues as well. I am ready to grab any job as soon as I land.

Thank you very much friends

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinavin said:
Hi Mezo, Zagy,

I was going through similar questions and thoughts and quite agree with Mezo's perspective. Experiences from other forum members have also suggested that land, look for job, if needs be come back and continue earning at the already settled base - Dubai in our case. Once you land a job in Canada, begin to settle down and in a few months let your family follow. Reduces stress on kids and spouse. Which in turn exponentially reduces your own stress - since you quit any guilt thoughts about "when even my wife/child are UNHAPPY, did we really make the right decision..." etc. In fact I personally find a lot easier if my family is happy - in which case I wouldn't mind some extra hardships, if you get my drift.

Zagy - when are you planning to land?

>>>Mezo>>>
Quick question- you mentioned get a Canadian telephone number - sounds like a great idea. How does one do that - i.e. get a Canadian local telephone number but receive calls in Dubai? Through skype phone or similar which I can buy in Canada?

Thanks and good luck to you both!
Nav
No doubt Bro Mezo suggested wisely, But as Mr. Qorax suggested if funds are available, than landing altogether could be an other option.

What do you think about CAD 55K? isn't enough for one year survival without job for a family of 6?

As I said that I am ready to land on any survival job as soon as possible!

I am planing to land in July 2011

Thanks for sharing your views.

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
Hi Buddy

My Opinion and from all the experiances i heard

1- yes u can land alone, search for a job settle and call in ur family.
2- Be prepared tht ur going to a new place,(if u have friends and relatives, Lucky) u cannot land up in a job which u expect within 1-2 months.it takes some time. so going for 1 month checking the jobs there and if not coming back is not wise. we cannot travel in 2 boats :D. for everyone there is a survival period, tht u need to face even its now or later. here we need to think whether u wil face alone or with full family ie all.
3- having a canadian number is good but how u wil attend an interveiw?? so whts the plus
4- whn u quit the UAE job u also should plan where ur family stay till u settle. if wife is working thn its vvvvv Cool
so my small suggession is land -come back - resign the job - go, settle, find a job, take ur family and BE HAPPY :D

Good luck always

Biju

zagy said:
Dear Qorax and All friends!!
My questions:-
1- Shall we move altogether? or Shall I go first and Call the others later?
2- What size of flat will be enough and how much will be a rent in a decent community in Toronto?
3- Shall I quit the job before leaving or take vacation and come back to resign? (being a finance person I have to give them a sufficient time to get the replacement and I have to handover every thing to new guy)
4- Some times I think to close the chapter of UAE, rent out the home in Pakistan, take my family and relocate to Canada. Than start my struggle with full force. Is it wise decision?
5- All other suggestions are welcome from all the friends that could help me in to finalize my relocation issue.
Thanks in advance!!

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
yes buddy :D

Ur fund is enough - and if ur ready for any survival jobs - ur 100% success

Go in one shot - All the best

Biju

zagy said:
No doubt Bro Mezo suggested wisely, But as Mr. Qorax suggested if funds are available, than landing altogether could be an other option.

What do you think about CAD 55K? isn't enough for one year survival without job for a family of 6?

As I said that I am ready to land on any survival job as soon as possible!

I am planing to land in July 2011

Thanks for sharing your views.

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bijupv007 said:
Hi Buddy

2- Be prepared tht ur going to a new place,(if u have friends and relatives, Lucky) u cannot land up in a job which u expect within 1-2 months.it takes some time. so going for 1 month checking the jobs there and if not coming back is not wise. we cannot travel in 2 boats :D. for everyone there is a survival period, tht u need to face even its now or later. here we need to think whether u wil face alone or with full family ie all.
3- having a canadian number is good but how u wil attend an interveiw?? so whts the plus
4- whn u quit the UAE job u also should plan where ur family stay till u settle. if wife is working thn its vvvvv Cool
so my small suggession is land -come back - resign the job - go, settle, find a job, take ur family and BE HAPPY :D

Good luck always

Biju
Thanx Brother Biju,

You always Rocks!! :D

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hey Biju,

You got me thinking...what you say makes good sense as well! The fund availibility I guess is a good yardstick and if there is USD 55K available - great! As you say this amount would suffice for say an year for the family size boosted with survival jobs - then I think you said it right. It should surely work!

Good luck Zagy! Qorax, Biju are well experienced and I have great trust in their opinions!

Best wishes
Nav

bijupv007 said:
Hi Buddy
Good luck always
Biju

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Good News............ We received our PPR this morning.... Yessssssssssssssssssssss

What a feeling , we are flying and on top of the world. Got an email from CPP-Ottawa dated 04th March .

Thanks to all u lovely people for the wishes and guidance .

Best wishes to all who are waiting....Guys the RAIN is ON :D

Praise to God .

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
thanks NAV

we all are there to give a helping hand eachother whn its needed :D

biju

hinavin said:
Hey Biju,

You got me thinking...what you say makes good sense as well! The fund availibility I guess is a good yardstick and if there is USD 55K available - great! As you say this amount would suffice for say an year for the family size boosted with survival jobs - then I think you said it right. It should surely work!

Good luck Zagy! Qorax, Biju are well experienced and I have great trust in their opinions!

Best wishes
Nav

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
C O N G R A T S Deeaar

can feel ur joy :D :D

let the party roll buddy :D :D :D

Biju

Deeaar said:
Good News............ We received our PPR this morning.... Yessssssssssssssssssssss

What a feeling , we are flying and on top of the world. Got an email from CPP-Ottawa dated 04th March .

Praise to God .

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
Yes the next batch of guys who send the meds in Last quarter 2010 wil get their PPRs now

good luck to alllll

Biju

Deeaar said:

Praise to God .

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Biju,

Could you please inform me, which RTA office issues the Driving experience certificate in Dubai??