+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

cielo

Jul 27, 2010
ATTN: QORAX :D

I got my final letter just recently that is to send my passport to CHC london (my location DUBAI). I was asked to send
in also a self addressed envelope which is A4 size. My question now is, can you tell me exactly what doesn this mean?correct me if am wrong,am i asked to send in (along with my passport) another empty A4 envelope with my return address on it? If thats the case, so they are the ones taking care of the courier fees to send my passport back ? nothing has been mentioned about this and is this the same case as yours? really appreciate the enlightenment! thanks in advance !

mmwg

Feb 22, 2010
Hi All,
Just my case is getting more confusing, today my agent head quarter called me and they told me that, as my dead line for submitting the documents is 12-sep, I can submit the documents with an IETLS receipt ...known that the IELTS next available date as I know is 25 sep...

any advices!!!
BR,
Mahmoud

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
cielo said:
ATTN: QORAX :D

I got my final letter just recently that is to send my passport to CHC london (my location DUBAI). I was asked to send
in also a self addressed envelope which is A4 size. My question now is, can you tell me exactly what doesn this mean?correct me if am wrong,am i asked to send in (along with my passport) another empty A4 envelope with my return address on it? If thats the case, so they are the ones taking care of the courier fees to send my passport back ? nothing has been mentioned about this and is this the same case as yours? really appreciate the enlightenment! thanks in advance !
Uhh, it seems u r unaware of the Returning procedure.

Our Pps return by an internal courier of the CHC... London to Adh, along with very many other official documents, as a central package, every 15 days, usually on Mon or Tue. As Adh receives opens the packet, they remove the Pps envelopes & call Aramex -who has a contract with them.

Aramex thereon, contacts the addresse (you) informing of the Pps arrival & asks your availability at your address, as well as where to deliver it (if for any reason, your envelope's address & your current address do not match).

Once Aramex gets your response on phone, a deliveryman knocks your door. Then u need to pay the courier charges to that guy, which is FOC (& the amount last known was AED80).

YES, so u have to put-in one additional envelope (A4 size, self-addressed & strong) inside the one that u r using to send your Pps to London. Malik Starionary has one (just for this purpose) for AED13. Off course u can obtain it from elsewhere as well.

AND don't forget to mention your Cell Nos + any & many contact Nos. on that self-address label. Sometimes that might work out to be your saviour!

Hope that helped!?!
Qorax

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
satish_lkb said:
Hi Biju,

Mine is Financial Manager

Satish
v good ,,,,, it seems Financial Manager is not there in the new list (from June 26,2010),,, but ur case no probs coz its already in process,,,,,, so things are positive ,,,,, Good luck

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
Knight said:
hi Folks

any one can tell me what is the total Time line and waiting period for UAE based applicants if the Visa Office AbuDhabi.
my file received as NS, Canada on 17th Nov 2009, till date i didn't received any confirmation, AOR or any correspondence on my email mentioned in my application neither on my postal address.
any suggestion or advice for me????

cheers
Knight
hi knight

post where exactly u have send the file AUH or ??, if its NS u should have 100% received the 1st AOR ,,,,,,,,send a mail to NS if not ,,,,,, Good luck

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
qatar_fsw4131 said:
Hi friends,
I did another case specific enquiry in London visa office and this time I got accurate answer.Here is the email:

Dear Sir,
My apologies for the last email.
Your CHC London file number is as follows: BXXXXXXXXX (your file receives a different number when it arrives in London)
Your documents have been received (08-02-2010) and placed on file. Processing of your application will be resumed. No further action is required by you at this time.
Your file is currently awaiting review by an officer.
We will contact you again if we require further information or when we are ready to proceed to the next stage of your application.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,
KRC
Client Service Unit
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada
hi qatar_fsw

its cool thn so your appli is moving in the right track ,,,, u will be receiving letter or mail from them soon as i said before ,,, Good luck ,,,, God bless

R

Rami Farah

Thank you very much Qorax for the clarifications,

After I read you massege I fee that I will go to Ottawa this October.

Inregards of luggage rules what I know is most flights allowed 2 bags x 23kg + 1 hand bag x 10kgds but i have doubt in regards of size, its my first time to read the british airways rules

Inregards to money transfer as I understand that its allowed to carry c$10,000 in hand and the other fund we can make in draft cheque or we open acount in soctia bank in dubai branch

Please confirm

Thank you again Qorax

and Best wishes

qorax said:
Congratulations dear Rami!!!

I have some inquires I will be appreciated if you could help me
Shoot anything, we'll try & ans all...

1- What is the best location to land among Edmonton, Ottawa or Saskatoon?
All r perfectly alright places in their own rights. However, if u must choose -take Ottawa. Why? It's the National Capital -offers an Abu Dhabi feel. Jobs r aplenty. One of the lowest housing costs. Good connectivity to the world (from among the other 2). Climate is good, mild & bearable always.

Edmonton -extremely cold. Pretty cold even in summers. Small city.
Saskatoon-unchartered territory, mostly. Preety small city.

2- What is the luggage size allowed? (I mean size of bag)
From UAE most A/lines will give u 1 x Checked in Bag & 1 x Hand Bag + 1 x Laptop/Vanity Bag.

-Checked in bag Size: 90cms x 75cms x 43cms
-Hand bag Size: 56cms x 45cms x 25cms

Ref: http://www.britishairways.com/travel/baggag/public/en_gb

3- How we can transfer our money to Canadian banks?
U can open a Scotiabank A/c from Dubai & transfer all funds to Canada. Details in my Master Thread, as well as in this thread also.

Most International banks also give that facility, but better avoided due to their exorbitant charges.

A wise way is to carry some Cash & rest in Drafts. Al Fardan Exchane can do it for u.

4- Which is the Cargo companies to carry our things from Dubai ?
I would not carry anything bulky or heavy from UAE to Canada. Not needed, things r quite competitively priced here. Besides, your transportation costs will render the effort useless. More on it read in my Landing Thread.

I plan to move from Dubai to Canada next October
This Oct or Next Oct? Rest assured u'd be elated with the landing & the country. Canada has lots to offer, u'd be happy & welcome here.

All the best!
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Rami Farah said:
Thank you very much Qorax for the clarifications,

After I read you massege I fee that I will go to Ottawa this October.

Inregards of luggage rules what I know is most flights allowed 2 bags x 23kg + 1 hand bag x 10kgds but i have doubt in regards of size, its my first time to read the british airways rules

Inregards to money transfer as I understand that its allowed to carry c$10,000 in hand and the other fund we can make in draft cheque or we open acount in soctia bank in dubai branch

Please confirm

Thank you again Qorax

and Best wishes
I gave u the BA's baggage allowance before. Except for Emirates, most follow that 1 x bag case. Read the details here:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk-prev/public/en_gb

U can carry as much Cash as u want. There's no limitations. Only that u'll have to Declare anything@or beyond $10K. That's an international regulation against Money Laundering -nothing to do with Canada.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mmwg said:
Hi All,
Just my case is getting more confusing, today my agent head quarter called me and they told me that, as my dead line for submitting the documents is 12-sep, I can submit the documents with an IETLS receipt ...known that the IELTS next available date as I know is 25 sep...

any advices!!!
BR,
Mahmoud
For once an agent (your consultant) advised u correctly.

mmwg

Feb 22, 2010
qorax said:
For once an agent (your consultant) advised u correctly.
Thnx for response Mr. Qorax, so you think its a good idea to keep going and not losing hope!!!
I was going to start thinking about a student visa, as I want to have a new diploma anyway....

Many thanks,
Mahmoud

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
qorax said:
Uhh, it seems u r unaware of the Returning procedure.

Our Pps return by an internal courier of the CHC... London to Adh, along with very many other official documents, as a central package, every 15 days, usually on Mon or Tue. As Adh receives opens the packet, they remove the Pps envelopes & call Aramex -who has a contract with them.

Aramex thereon, contacts the addresse (you) informing of the Pps arrival & asks your availability at your address, as well as where to deliver it (if for any reason, your envelope's address & your current address do not match).

Once Aramex gets your response on phone, a deliveryman knocks your door. Then u need to pay the courier charges to that guy, which is FOC (& the amount last known was AED80).

YES, so u have to put-in one additional envelope (A4 size, self-addressed & strong) inside the one that u r using to send your Pps to London. Malik Starionary has one (just for this purpose) for AED13. Off course u can obtain it from elsewhere as well.

AND don't forget to mention your Cell Nos + any & many contact Nos. on that self-address label. Sometimes that might work out to be your saviour!

Hope that helped!?!
Qorax
HI Captain Sab

I have landed in vancouver on 26th july
Can u plz guide me how to hunt job here
I mean what websites or job agencies should i contact ?

waiting for ur kind reply

Thanks

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mmwg said:
Hi All,

any advices!!!
BR,
Mahmoud
if you are from dubai, try to find other ielts centres especially in fujaira which you might get the date

R

Rami Farah

Thank you Qorax,

Yesterday I called Scotia bank in Dubai at the same number mentioned and I asked about Tejal it seems that she is not working their any more... and they don't have idea about opening account in Scotia bank!!!

I will try to call them again on Sunday

I found another contact from the internet for the same bank in dubai
are they having 2 representative in Dubai?

http://www.scotiamocatta.com/house/contactus.htm#tech
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Dubai
302, Level 03
Precinct Building 03
Dubai International Financial Centre
P O Box 506848
Dubai, UAE
Tel: 97-14-371-1777
Fax: 97-14-448-4640

I will call Mohan on Sunday and see?

Is there any one open an account in the same bank and from Dubai recently??

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear Qorax,

Any Idea how long it takes to get your e-status change after sending your full documents.

Regards