waived
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/08/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2015 YVR
Hello my friends,

Finally, my passport had been requested, thank you all for all the support and advice that you provided in this marvelous forum.

best regards :)

Abuelyas

Jan 31, 2009
Salalaha, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
Med's Request
31/01/2012
Med's Done....
08/03/2012
Interview........
Exempted
LANDED..........
February 1st and Got PRC
Hi ALL YA' ALL,
I deadly need help in the following. Kindly help me about it. I got my PRC ( and so did ALL my family members) and did actually land in Toronto on the 2nd of February, 2013. Unfortunately, we had to get back to where we live for personal and familial reasons. When we landed we didn't take with us anything except the required landing funds which we took back with us. Now, we are planning to go there FOR GOOD. I was wondering if I could take my belongings with me (furniture, car and other stuff..etc.). We certainly need money to settle there, so if I take money with me, will it be taxable, especially that nobody asked me about it in our first landing, but of course I did mention it in the declaration docs we were given on the plane.
Dear Seniors, kindly give your advice.
Thanking you in advance.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Abuelyas said:
Hi ALL YA' ALL,
I deadly need help in the following. Kindly help me about it. I got my PRC ( and so did ALL my family members) and did actually land in Toronto on the 2nd of February, 2013. Unfortunately, we had to get back to where we live for personal and familial reasons. When we landed we didn't take with us anything except the required landing funds which we took back with us. Now, we are planning to go there FOR GOOD. I was wondering if I could take my belongings with me (furniture, car and other stuff..etc.). We certainly need money to settle there, so if I take money with me, will it be taxable, especially that nobody asked me about it in our first landing, but of course I did mention it in the declaration docs we were given on the plane.
Dear Seniors, kindly give your advice.
Thanking you in advance.
Money brought into Canada is never taxable. You have to later declare all your income when you file your yearly taxes. Sometimes if you do not correctly declare the amount you brought in from outside, it could lead to red flags. However there are many tax consultants here who can help you (with about $30 to $100 fee) correctly declare that amount so you do not wind up paying any taxes on it.

In the declaration form (the one you get on the plane), you have to declare if you are carrying more then C$10,000 per passenger. So for example if you are 4 passengers you have to declare if you are carrying more then C$40,000.

If you are returning after 1 year, then for the rest of the items you will not pay tax on any item less then C$10,000 in value. For items over C$10,000 you will only pay taxes on that amount.

Regards,

Abuelyas

Jan 31, 2009
Salalaha, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
Med's Request
31/01/2012
Med's Done....
08/03/2012
Interview........
Exempted
LANDED..........
February 1st and Got PRC
Dear Rizmayo,
Thank you so much for the tip. That's what I will exactly do. Upon my arrival I will check with with a tax consultant this matter. Once again thank you. It's true that I am not a regular blogger here, but I highly appreciate the help people like you and the other seniors give and the enormous work you are ALL doing.
Regards,

fmz

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/2014
Doc's Request.
Waiting......
AOR Received.
Waiting......
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
11/09/2014
Med's Request
Waiting......
Med's Done....
Waiting......
Interview........
Waiting......
Passport Req..
Waiting......
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting......
LANDED..........
Waiting......
Hi All,

Its great tht all of us applications from ME are under one platform.I see a lot of you have applied way long back...generally,how long should i expect to get any sort of communication from CIO...being 05/21/2014 applicant ??

Regards,

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
fmz said:
Hi All,

Its great tht all of us applications from ME are under one platform.I see a lot of you have applied way long back...generally,how long should i expect to get any sort of communication from CIO...being 05/21/2014 applicant ??

Regards,
Should definitely be by September 2nd week.

maverick-14

Jul 12, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pakistani Expats, please help me out here.

1. Can we get Family Registration Certificate (FRC) from NADRA office in Embassy?

2. For the requirement of "attestation of copies", can get attestation of copies from embassy too?

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. We will be moving to Canada mid October and been looking for place to stay + school in the web and asked our niece in Manitoba to check them out. As she does not have children yet so would like to ask opinions of forumers. Usually bus is provided if the school is quite far from your house (1.6km based on one school website). One of the houses that we are interested in is about 600 meters away from school. For someone coming from Asian country like me, that is a "walkable" distance. But not in Dubai probably during summer time. Correspondingly, in Canada, especially during winter time, is 600 meters walk to school still okay or will be challenging or not even advisable to do? For those with children, how far is your home from school? Thanks in advance for your inputs/advice.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
maverick-14 said:
Pakistani Expats, please help me out here.

1. Can we get Family Registration Certificate (FRC) from NADRA office in Embassy? Yes

2. For the requirement of "attestation of copies", can get attestation of copies from embassy too? Yes. But bare in mind that it is expensive, so choose which docs you get attested.

canadian2013

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
AEO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012 and PER on 9th August 2012
Doc's Request.
Additional docs 10 Feb 14 LBM
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
02-06-2014 KKB RPRF paid
Med's Done....
15-06-2014/ 22-06-2014 MR have been received
Hi. I am landing in Canada from Dubai in October. I have a Sharjah driving licence. Can someone tell me where to get the letter which shows my Sharjah driving experience. It should be from Sharjah traffic but where? Please help.

Nabzter

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Nov-2015
Nomination.....
26-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-16
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
Up-Front
Med's Done....
Up-Front
Dear Members,

Just wanted to get some timeline help, I sent the application to CIO in July second week 2014, so just wanted to know what will be the next step and how and by when CIO will communicate to me regarding my application (If accepted or rejected), Please help.

Regards

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Mates,

Kindly share your thought on pros and cons of flying from UAE to Canada va flying from home country to Canada for landing. Pakistani applicants and PR holders from Pakistan are especially requested to share their thoughts.

siryasir

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
ITA under EE, not yet!
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
InshAllah soon
Med's Request
InshAllah soon
Med's Done....
InshAllah soon
Interview........
InshAllah waived
Passport Req..
InshAllah soon
VISA ISSUED...
InshAllah soon
LANDED..........
InshAllah soon
Nabzter said:
Dear Members,

Just wanted to get some timeline help, I sent the application to CIO in July second week 2014, so just wanted to know what will be the next step and how and by when CIO will communicate to me regarding my application (If accepted or rejected), Please help.

Regards
Your DD would be charged after 50-60 days tentatively. If that happens, 90% chance is that your application is accepted. After 20-30 days of DD charged you would get PER i.e Positive Eligibility Report, a mail will be sent by CIC at this stage to inform about your application.

At present people whose application were reached on 12th-14th may are getting their PERs so you can analyse the timeline based on this.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Abu Hassaan said:
Dear Mates,

Kindly share your thought on pros and cons of flying from UAE to Canada va flying from home country to Canada for landing. Pakistani applicants and PR holders from Pakistan are especially requested to share their thoughts.
Well if you are flying Emirates or Etihad then it is a direct flight :p other than that what kind of pros or cons were you expecting (please be more specific) ? Canada does not care about which country you are flying from.

Regards,

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rizamayo,

I would like to know specifically about cash and gold (24K Biscuits) to carry with me. I know that there is no issue at Canada Border but it may be an issue from where I will fly. I live in UAE and if I fly from UAE to Canada, it shoud be OK. But if I fly from UAE to Pakistan first carrying cash and gold with me, may become issue from custom perspective. Similarly, while flying out from Pakistan to Canada, once again customs issue. Your thoughts/expereince on it?

rizmayo said:
Well if you are flying Emirates or Etihad then it is a direct flight :p other than that what kind of pros or cons were you expecting (please be more specific) ? Canada does not care about which country you are flying from.

Regards,